Thoughts on Daniels

Kansas Football.
AlOerter
Contributor

Thoughts on Daniels

Post by AlOerter »

I thought Jalon Daniels showed some promise as a future QB for the Jayhawks. His skill set is equal to or better than McVittie or Kendrick. Has a good arm and good feet. He needs to do better on his reads but I thought he did well for a true freshman. Be nice to see what he could do with some real protection.
Cascadia

Re: Thoughts on Daniels

Post by Cascadia »

Kid has an arm. I thought he showed some promising flashes. Hoping for the best but will need to see more in the coming weeks. I do like the fact that we’re giving him a chance early
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Agree. The more reps he gets this year the better he will be next year.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

He has presence and a cannon arm. Can run. I like him a lot as QB. He will be a good one.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Presence?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Leadership, skill and quick thinking
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cascadia wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:20 pm Kid has an arm. I thought he showed some promising flashes. Hoping for the best but will need to see more in the coming weeks. I do like the fact that we’re giving him a chance early
I do not mean this as hyperbole: injury should be the only thing keeping him from getting every meaningful snap until 2025.

And I didn't even see him play Saturday. The single biggest failure post-Reesing has been the bizarre QB carousel. If he has Power Five-level talent, then for Chrissakes just commit to him and stay the goddamned course.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Very talented kid. Held on to the ball too much and got sacked when he had a guy in the flat or open across middle. That’ll come with learning from playing against P5 guys for an entire game and looking at film.

He should be the guy for his time at KU. He made some seriously great throws, but freshman mistakes showed up too much coupled with a pretty bad OL, and it wasn’t going to be great. But I think he’ll make great improvement next week against oSu.

He throws the ball with some zip and can do some touch too, and elusive enough to make some moves in the pocket. Best thing for him is to play and play every snap. Eligibility does not count this year, so play him is entire 5 years here.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Mac and Kendrick have had every opportunity to be the guy and they haven't. They aren't the answer for the present or the future so no sense in wasting time on them especially for a team that probably won't win a game.
At this rate with a 17 yr old freshman you might as well see what you have for the future. KU will either find a QB for the future or they will know they have got to find the answer moving forward. In today's football you cannot win without a QB.
Holidaysmore - 2005
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

He shoulda been the guy against CC. If no one looses eligibility this year, there's no reason to not play your future guy from day 1.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:47 am He shoulda been the guy against CC. If no one looses eligibility this year, there's no reason to not play your future guy from day 1.
Yep. You're not winning anything this year regardless. Get the kid reps.

A B+ or better Power 5 quarterback is your only hope to climb out of this ditch.