Official Game thread: KU vs Louisiana

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: Official Game thread: KU vs Louisiana

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:02 am
twocoach wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:20 am Havent seen a guy start a season missing so many bunnies since Landen Lucas. Lawson had probably six of them painfully roll off the rim tonight to the point of comical. Luck will swing his way and those will start to drop soon enough.
He was 6-11 on field goals. 1 of those misses was a 3. Definitely missed a couple in close, but not as many as it seemed.
I was at the game and it got to the point where we were all laughing in frustration/empathy at how many bunnies just rolled off the rim for him. Yes, I know it wasn't 20 of them; it was maybe 3-4. It's just bad luck and a little lack of athleticism. If he could actually jump he could just dunk the damn ball. We had the same conversations about Perry Ellis and Landen Lucas.

The point being that he's a few unlucky rolls away from averaging 4-8 points more a game.
Deleted User 75

Re: Official Game thread: KU vs Louisiana

Post by Deleted User 75 »

For sure. Although if he were more athletic he wouldn't be in college. The issues we are seeing with shots blocked and lack of elevation are the reasons the NBA has some hesitation about him....but for now in college, when we finally get into match ups where he's against bigger guys, and he's actually the quicker 1 I think that's when we will see him flourish more. Similar to the Michigan state game. When he's against smaller and faster "bigs" from these crappy schools it seems to neutralize some of what he does really well.