Offseason thread

Kansas Basketball.
Soklous

Re: Offseason thread

Post by Soklous »

Bro, he literally shot the entire Kstate bench with that bow and arrow. Brawl starts there. Take your transsiberianphobic ass back to .net with that take.

I am, I said.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'll take the threes but he looks ridiculous.

( though this: "transsiberianphobic" is some deep humor )
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:16 amAlso, why did he have to go to JUCO? And why weren't any of the other top schools (Duke, UNC, UK, Nova, etc.) after him for this season? The next best team after KU that had interest was probably oregon, then it was just places like mizzou, kstate, georgia, iowa state, LSU, virgina tech, etc... i am not all that familiar with his story, seen some videos, and read some articles...
Och is like 1 good HS game away from taking the same path.

As for other offers, at some point we will learn that programs don't recruit exactly the same as each other in every single year. And certainly Self doesn't recruit the same way as Cal and K--which has proven to be great for Kansas fans year in and year out.

As for TGF's situation, though, he was offered and committed before playing year 2 in Juco. That rarely happens.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:29 am
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:27 am Braun is going to be solid this year

best outside shooter on the team?
He was last year - I think it's safe to say he will be again.
Let's hope he's retired the bow and arrow shtick.
Why?

Lord almighty, what's the fucking point if the players can't have fun?
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

And hard to say for sure, as there is rarely good info on JuCo’s... but typically the talent can be there, but the groundwork (grades, applications, guidance, life) wasnt. Or as simple as not all 16 year olds develop the same.

Many LeBronphobes want Juco Butler as the Finals MVP.
I am, I said.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

SokHawk comes in hot on a Tuesday.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:29 am
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:27 am Braun is going to be solid this year

best outside shooter on the team?
He was last year - I think it's safe to say he will be again.
Let's hope he's retired the bow and arrow shtick.
meh...kids

no worse than the 3-goggles
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Worse for me ( just obnoxious/disrespectful ) but we all have our pet peeves.
Give me Brandon Rush, hits the shot, gets back down on defense.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:04 am Worse for me ( just obnoxious/disrespectful ) but we all have our pet peeves.
Give me Brandon Rush, hits the shot, gets back down on defense.
I suppose everyone's mileage varies, but when I think of Braun doing the bow-and-arrow thing, I see him backpedaling. To get back. For defense.

I would also suggest that a big more aggression and swagger would have been a great thing for Rush.
Deleted User 310

There are lots of ways to have swagger other than bow and arrow shooting. And shooting a bow and arrow has nothing to do with aggression.

Rush had plenty of swagger. Needed more aggression on offense maybe, but was plenty aggressive on defense...but hard to argue with his resume. National champion. Nba career. Great stats during his time at KU.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I hated the bow thing when Jamal Murray did it - i still think he's a great player.

If Marcus Smart was shooting bows and then flipping on our court after beating us, we'd be loosing it.
It's like slapping the floor on defense.
Just don't.
Deleted User 310

My favorite celebration was the DJax chest thump. By far.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Spontaneous celebrations during big moments, great.
Acts that become your thing/calling card after routine plays, awful.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Soklous wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:49 am And hard to say for sure, as there is rarely good info on JuCo’s... but typically the talent can be there, but the groundwork (grades, applications, guidance, life) wasnt. Or as simple as not all 16 year olds develop the same.
Indian Hills isn't your typical "let the pro prospect take 20 shots" juco program either (like a Chipola, Allegheny, etc.). He got good instruction and they are really high on him.
Deleted User 310

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:17 am Spontaneous celebrations during big moments, great.
Ya. Maybe if Braun did it after he hit his first game winner it wouldn't give me an eye roll. Or only on huge important shots.

Don't get me wrong, i don't care if he does it, but i do think he looks sort of stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:21 am
pdub wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:17 am Spontaneous celebrations during big moments, great.
Ya. Maybe if Braun did it after he hit his first game winner it wouldn't give me an eye roll. Or only on huge important shots.

Don't get me wrong, i don't care if he does it, but i do think he looks sort of stupid.
You just said this:

"My favorite celebration was the DJax chest thump. By far."

That was...Darnell's thing/calling card after routine plays.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Separate from how he acts on the court, from what I've found, Braun had one of the highest 3 point % seasons for a freshman under Self ( over 7 MPG ).

Rush .472
Braun .444

Other notables:
Vonte .425
McLemore .420
Xavier .418
Collins .405
Josh Jackson .378
Chalmers .375
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I wonder if at least one of Jalen, Tristan, TGIF will be too good not to play.

It would also be great if we have a bunch of guards who are too good not to play too, but we can still play small ball with wings, and that leaves 3 NBA-potential wings on the bench.
Deleted User 310

jfish26 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:24 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:21 am

You just said this:

"My favorite celebration was the DJax chest thump. By far."

That was...Darnell's thing/calling card after routine plays.
...and?

At least there was a reason for DJax celebration.

I think the bow and arrow celebration is sort of stupid. I don't care who does it. But especially when a guy with 5 career starts who averages less than 6pts per game does it.

I like CB. I honestly couldn't care less if he does it or not. It is a game. Have fun out there...but i may still poke fun at him for it from time to time. It goes with the territory.