George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Ugh.
Cascadia

Re: George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Post by Cascadia »

I’m sure no one is shocked that Illy doesn’t know what fascism. What’s disappointing is that he would rather link an opinion piece or YouTube video and ignore the actual definition. Classic trumper.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:12 am I’m sure no one is shocked that Illy doesn’t know what fascism. What’s disappointing is that he would rather link an opinion piece or YouTube video and ignore the actual definition. Classic trumper.
🤣🤣🤣

I didn't ignore the actual definition.

But if we are going by strict definition antifa isn't fighting facism becuase facism by strict definition doesn't even remotely exist in our country.

But you will ignore that.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

they are fighting to keep fascism from existing, i would presume

do you think trump has fascist tendencies or ideals?
Deleted User 310

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:31 am do you think trump has fascist tendencies or ideals?
Yes absolutely.

....but it would be impossible for true facism to exist in our country. We have prime examples this year of Governors having control over their states moreso than the President. Trump can say things, but his power only goes so far.
Deleted User 89

i never said the movement was reasonable or well-informed
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:40 am
TraditionKU wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:31 am do you think trump has fascist tendencies or ideals?
Yes absolutely.

....but it would be impossible for true facism to exist in our country. We have prime examples this year of Governors having control over their states moreso than the President. Trump can say things, but his power only goes so far.
Where, exactly, does that “only so far” end?

Cuz yeah, sure, it’s only so far, but as far as checks and balances go, Republicans have kinda left us hanging...
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

It's one of those sad ironies that they say they are "against fascism", but then they will force their own political agenda using violence, looting and murder. Look at people's actions -- not their words.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I guess the covid problem is not real anymore, judging by this celebration after the Lakers won. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAHZsPAYxjI
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 89

because people are selfish idiots and can’t control their emotions?

glad your boy trump and his enablers lead by example
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Walrus wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:44 pm I guess the covid problem is not real anymore, judging by this celebration after the Lakers won. :lol:

You could have posted a clip of any indoor or outdoor Trump rally and written most of the same thing.

Do you really think you're making an interesting point here?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Edgy
Defense. Rebounds.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:29 pm Do you really think you're making an interesting point here?
You responded, so I would assume so.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Walrus wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:32 pm
chiknbut wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:29 pm Do you really think you're making an interesting point here?
You responded, so I would assume so.
Newsflash: People don't have to find something interesting to respond. Sometimes you respond because it's so absurdly stupid.
Deleted User 89

responding to lobs’ posts is like turning your head to look whenever there’s a child making a ruckus...sometimes you can’t help yourself
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:11 am It's one of those sad ironies that they say they are "against fascism", but then they will force their own political agenda using violence, looting and murder. Look at people's actions -- not their words.
If someone associated with ANTIFA is violent, loots or murders, it doesn't force any political agenda on anything or anyone. It's just a crime being committed. No laws get changed or removed.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:44 pm I guess the covid problem is not real anymore, judging by this celebration after the Lakers won. :lol:

I saw lots of people wearing masks despite people being outside. Not enough for my comfortable level but enough to see that COVID is still a problem.

And for all I know, every maskless person is a Trump supporting mask denier. Who knows? So what's your point?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:43 pm responding to lobs’ posts is like turning your head to look whenever there’s a child making a ruckus...sometimes you can’t help yourself
Responding to Lobster is like playing find the smelly toilet in a public restroom. You don't want to do it, but you think, "If I just flush it, it'll go away". But inevitably, it's a clogged toilet, opening the door just made the restroom stink worse, and if you do try to flush it, the toilet overflows and you get poop on your shoe.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

lmao
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:09 pm
Walrus wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:11 am It's one of those sad ironies that they say they are "against fascism", but then they will force their own political agenda using violence, looting and murder. Look at people's actions -- not their words.
If someone associated with ANTIFA is violent, loots or murders, it doesn't force any political agenda on anything or anyone. It's just a crime being committed. No laws get changed or removed.
Can people even be "associated" with ANTIFA if it isn't an actual organization?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:43 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:09 pm
Can people even be "associated" with ANTIFA if it isn't an actual organization?
I think so, but it's less clear. I mean, you can be associated with QAnon and that's not an organization either; it's a modern cult.

The difference is size, influence, and having an actual leader.