Kansas Football.
Leawood

Fat, slow, pussies

Post by Leawood »

KU offensive line
holidaysmore

Re: Fat, slow, pussies

Post by holidaysmore »

KU has allowed 5.4 sacks per game through 7 contests.

Highest FBS mark in last 10 seasons is 4.9 per game.

Pathetic. Meadows should be fired immediately. He flat out isn’t getting the job done. Miles was asked about making changes on the offensive line and he said he would refer that to Meadows. Are you fucking kidding me. They are all bad and have been all season long. For a group of upper class men to be this bad is embarrassing.
Holidaysmore - 2005
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

This is the worst KU football team in history.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

sdoyel wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:38 pm This is the worst KU football team in history.
I wouldn’t say that. But it’s definitely down the list. It’s tough when like 8 of your 10 opponents were ranked at one point of the season or another. Didn’t get the 2 or 3 easier games on the schedule to get teak warmed up.

Instead, it played a damn good Coastal team (top 15 right now by the way) and then to Big 12 play. By playing something like 40 true freshmen or RS freshmen. Very tough.

As Holiday said, the OL is atrocious. Meadows came here with Lindsey, but Lindsey was gone before he settled in. Meadows won’t stick around.

But everyone on the staff has to be better. Everyone.

I’ve mentioned that I like how Miles has recruited with going HS only. But this OL is going to need some JUCO guys to fill in to at least give the QB a shot. That was awful today.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

The two biggest and glaring issues are LB and OL. Until they fix those two areas this program will continue to fall further and further into the depths of despair.

I did like how Miles mentioned that they have to ‘protect the QB’ or ‘we may not have one for much longer’
You could start by firing your lame duck OL coach and then benching your starters who have done absolutely nothing all year.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Meadows, the OL coach, has been fired. An analyst is taking over. Same thing as Dearmon last year. Analyst to on the field coach.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

This was a matter of when not if so might as well get it done and see what the interim guy brings to the table.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:33 pm Meadows, the OL coach, has been fired. An analyst is taking over. Same thing as Dearmon last year. Analyst to on the field coach.
Forgive me for being clueless. Les felt the need to fire Meadows with 3 games left in the season. Is there a reason why he couldn't have promoted Morookian and still let Meadows stick around for the last 3 games?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Grandma wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:35 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:33 pm Meadows, the OL coach, has been fired. An analyst is taking over. Same thing as Dearmon last year. Analyst to on the field coach.
Forgive me for being clueless. Les felt the need to fire Meadows with 3 games left in the season. Is there a reason why he couldn't have promoted Morookian and still let Meadows stick around for the last 3 games?
Good question. The way things are going Meadows probably got in Les’s face and said “I’m not the failure. You’re the failure!” But all caps.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Sparko wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:42 pm
Grandma wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:35 pm
Good question. The way things are going Meadows probably got in Les’s face and said “I’m not the failure. You’re the failure!” But all caps.
That could be it or perhaps Meadows was thrilled to get fired so he could get away from the complete shit show.

I fully admit I didn't know all that much about Meadows until I read this - https://kuathletics.com/coach/luke-meadows/.
Seems the guy had a nice resume and a lot of success elsewhere. So why didn't he succeed at KU?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

What is the point of running Kendrick out there? You can’t tell me he gives us a better chance to win now, not when he can’t hit an open 5 yard flare to stay in a game.

The program has absolutely no chance unless and until there’s a quarterback. Just get Wilson the reps.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Fish in basketball mode with Jalen Wilson and not Jalen Daniels. Lol.

But I honestly think they know their line stinks and they’re trying not to get Daniels killed out there. Daniels has the arm and the legs, but you can’t do either if the line can’t block more than a second.

Will give the team credit yesterday. They had 5 scholarship OL out there yesterday. One guy got hurt for a few series so they were down to 4 but then he came back and played. I honestly don’t know how they can field a team every week with what they have going on. I mean, they could field a team with the roster that doesn’t dress every week. Lol.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:08 am Fish in basketball mode with Jalen Wilson and not Jalen Daniels. Lol.

But I honestly think they know their line stinks and they’re trying not to get Daniels killed out there. Daniels has the arm and the legs, but you can’t do either if the line can’t block more than a second.

Will give the team credit yesterday. They had 5 scholarship OL out there yesterday. One guy got hurt for a few series so they were down to 4 but then he came back and played. I honestly don’t know how they can field a team every week with what they have going on. I mean, they could field a team with the roster that doesn’t dress every week. Lol.
Guilty as charged but I stand behind the substance of my point.

Also Jalen Wilson would be better than Kendrick.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I guess they don't want to kill Daniels, like physically him get killed.

MacVittie is still hurt.

Kendrick 'wins' by default.

I just saw Texas had to shut down the football program because of 'Rona. Looks like Christmas came early. Cancel, forfeit, whatever you need to do, KU. Zero benefit to playing that slaughter game.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'm good playing the game if UT is at like 25% strength.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

That is a good point. Anything helps.

How odd would it be that by losing to KU it ended the Charlie Strong era. KU pulls off the miracle and that would effectively end the Herman era.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Kendrick has been working on throwing the ball 11 and a half yards. The receivers are 20-yards away, but it is progress.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I hate bashing on Jayhawks, especially amateur athletes but Kendrick is the worst QB I have ever seen at KU. Something like 100 players entered the transfer portal yesterday. KU needs to drop off a bag for a proven QB ASAP and get this program steadied.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:52 am I hate bashing on Jayhawks, especially amateur athletes but Kendrick is the worst QB I have ever seen at KU. Something like 100 players entered the transfer portal yesterday. KU needs to drop off a bag for a proven QB ASAP and get this program steadied.
I hate saying that too, but it's the truth. Completely awful.

HenrySwanson

Post by HenrySwanson »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:52 am I hate bashing on Jayhawks, especially amateur athletes but Kendrick is the worst QB I have ever seen at KU. Something like 100 players entered the transfer portal yesterday. KU needs to drop off a bag for a proven QB ASAP and get this program steadied.
No. More. Transfer. Quarterbacks.