NFL Regular Season

Kansas Football.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: NFL Regular Season

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:47 am They're still fighting for that 1 seed. It's a big fight for teams this year, but especially for New Orleans. A bigger fight than KC has in the AFC. Tied with Green Bay up top with Seattle and Rams each one game back and waiting to pounce.
Yeah. But at what cost? If you lose Brees, the 1-seed doesn't matter. If you have Brees, a 1-seed is good but not mandatory.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Understand. I just think they want to be home in the Superdome all postseason. Brees in January in, for example, Green Bay would be atrocious for the Saints.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He's one Chris Jones hit from sitting out a long while.
I wouldn't risk it.
But this is likely Brees last ride, so he's likely the one making the final call.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

No Michael Thomas for the Saints either. This would probably be the game I pound Tebow, I mean Hill 40 times and see what happens but hey, what do I know.
I do expect Brees to target Kamara 25 times on Sunday. This better be the game we see a whole lot of Gay in coverage and not Niemann. Kamara will have a field day against our slow ass LBs.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:42 pm No Michael Thomas for the Saints either. This would probably be the game I pound Tebow, I mean Hill 40 times and see what happens but hey, what do I know.
I do expect Brees to target Kamara 25 times on Sunday. This better be the game we see a whole lot of Gay in coverage and not Niemann. Kamara will have a field day against our slow ass LBs.
Kamara will eat.
And if I thought Brees was 90%, i'd roll him out instead of Hill.
I'm just not sure he's there - his lungs were collapsed from the rib fracture, something that could conceivably shut someone down a season.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Ribs are a gnarly injury that can only heal with time not to mention a collapsed lung. I guess you shoot him up with toradol and hope the adrenaline can do the rest.
Holidaysmore - 2005
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Ribs are not a fun injury. Ive broken mine (3 one time, 2 another) twice and fractured 2 once. Everything you do hurts.
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Breathing man, not to he underestimated.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

For the f of it I just bet a $20 parlay to win $10,111.87

Colts money line
Titans money line
Buccs - 6.5
Dolphins money line
Seahawks money line (Football Team scares me here)
Bears money line
Ravens -13
Cowboys +3.5
Rams money line
Cards -7
Chiefs -3
Browns -7
Deleted User 289

Can you believe this shit?!?!
A bad spot that the announcers even said they don't/didn't understand (fixed game?) may cost me $10,000.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Man. Good picks this week
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

LOL Steelers
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 289

Big Ben is horse shit! He should get yanked in the 2nd Quarter.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

They are completely lost and they are broken.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Cincinnati looks like a real football team
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So one more win and we clinch.
Question is, if we beat Atlanta, do we sit Mahomes, Kelce and Hill even though they all are respectively chasing records/awards?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Play them a half or so. You're going to get the bye, so you don't want 2 weeks off necessarily.

thekid6
Contributor

Post by thekid6 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:13 am Play them a half or so. You're going to get the bye, so you don't want 2 weeks off necessarily.
This......I remember this being a huge issue for no. 1 seeds in the past that rested players week 17. The Chief's are hot right now...I would definitely let them play a half to keep up on reps.
Don't give up, don't ever give up. -Jimmy V
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I don't care one way or the other about Mahomes playing, in and of itself.

But if Schwartz is out, and you've also got to sit Fisher and whoever else, then I think you sit Mahomes. There's no sense in him being out there with a JV line.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:43 am I don't care one way or the other about Mahomes playing, in and of itself.

But if Schwartz is out, and you've also got to sit Fisher and whoever else, then I think you sit Mahomes. There's no sense in him being out there with a JV line.
So I should have stipulated who I believe should be playing a half. Everyone but Mahomes. Mahomes shouldn't play a snap in week 17. He doesn't need the reps, at all.

But you need your young guys like Hardman, Pringle, Willie Gay, Thornhill, Sneed, Ward, Baker need to play the entire game.