Top 25 polls

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Top 25 polls

Post by pdub »

It's hard to say with Baylor because their primetime matchups all got postponed/cancelled but I expect them to be very good. Like challenge us for the B12 good.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Texas up to 4.
Kansas 6.
Last time Texas was top 5 since 2011.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i love our guys, but they just don’t look like a top 10 team (yet?)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It’s mind boggling that Texas only cracks the top 5 once a decade
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:44 pm i love our guys, but they just don’t look like a top 10 team (yet?)
they have a good resume. wins over several ranked teams. only loses to #1 and #4.

but do top 10 teams lose at home by 25?? LOL
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

You can find flaws for most top 10 teams in any given year.

We’re just so used to being a top 3 team.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:44 pm You can find flaws for most top 10 teams in any given year.

We’re just so used to being a top 3 team.
Damn this is so accurate.

This team is still really good. Zags are best team by far, but that's really only the only team without a huge flaw. Other teams in the top 10 have flaws. And basically all those flaws come down to shooting. For example, if KU just shoots 40% from 3, they score 24 more points, which is the difference in scoring margin in that Texas game.

It's a part of the game.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:01 am For example, if KU just shoots 40% from 3, they score 24 more points, which is the difference in scoring margin in that Texas game.

It's a part of the game.
This is what I have said to multiple people who say Texas just took Kansas to the woodshed and dominated the entire game.

No, they made shots and Kansas missed. KU made Texas beat them from the outside, and that's what happened. KU got plenty of wide open looks from their best shooters that just didn't go in. That game was simply a product of one team having their best shooting game of the year, while the other team had their worst. It happens and you move on. No reason to all of a sudden start calling for the NCAA to hand a post season ban this year because the team is garbage.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

NDballer13 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:38 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:01 am For example, if KU just shoots 40% from 3, they score 24 more points, which is the difference in scoring margin in that Texas game.

It's a part of the game.
This is what I have said to multiple people who say Texas just took Kansas to the woodshed and dominated the entire game.

No, they made shots and Kansas missed. KU made Texas beat them from the outside, and that's what happened. KU got plenty of wide open looks from their best shooters that just didn't go in. That game was simply a product of one team having their best shooting game of the year, while the other team had their worst. It happens and you move on. No reason to all of a sudden start calling for the NCAA to hand a post season ban this year because the team is garbage.
Add into this the fact that this was Texas and Shaka's Super Bowl. They had this game circled on their calendars since last year. They had everything to gain, nothing to lose.

It would have been a different story altogether if KU didn't shit the bed. It happens. I look forward to payback in Austin.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

I don't really buy into the "it's their Super Bowl" narrative, like KU just doesn't care about the game. If KU is going into any games, outside of actual exhibition games, with a who cares attitude, then a bad shooting game is the least of the worries when it comes to this team.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Well it is certainly true that everyone in the Big 12 has KU circled, especially in our road games. But, we've dealt with that pretty much forever and our guys know that going in. No excuses.

At the end of the day though, sports are played by humans and we've seen before that CBB games played during holidays, or on Saturday mornings, or in empty buildings can affect players/teams. All 3 of those things were true against Texas and we were rightly clowned.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I also don't know where UT was during the previous weeks, but I know our guys had about 10 days off and were spread out all over the country with family/friends chugging full bottles of Jack in their alternate unis.
Deleted User 89

don’t care who it was...if you can’t “get up” for a top 10 opponent you’ve got issues
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

NDballer13 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:52 pm I don't really buy into the "it's their Super Bowl" narrative, like KU just doesn't care about the game. If KU is going into any games, outside of actual exhibition games, with a who cares attitude, then a bad shooting game is the least of the worries when it comes to this team.
Fair enough. But it's also safe to say that this game saved Shaka's job. He was playing for that as well.

It was a bad game for KU. That shit happens. They didn't take Texas lightly, they just played badly. And Texas had everything to win and nothing to lose.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Texas ran the game at a pretty frenetic pace. KU looked rushed the entire game, IMO
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Kenpom we're still 'struggling' - falling behind our AP rank at 12.
Also ( largely because we have had so many close games ) our luck ranking is the highest it has ever been at 18th.

"KenPom defines this as a measure of the deviation between a team's actual winning percentage and what one would expect from its game-by-game efficiencies. Essentially, a team involved in a lot of close games should not win (or lose) all of them. Those that do will be viewed as lucky (or unlucky)."
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

KU at 6.

Baylor at 2. Texas at 4. West Va at 13. Tech at 15. oSu at 34.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And Kenpom:
Baylor 2. Texas 6. Kansas 12. Tech 13. West Virginia 14. OSU 35. OU 42.

ksu 157. just trailing 5-6 LaSalle and 6-5 Hofstra.
Deleted User 89

surely weberace is out, right?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah I think Big 12 has 2 new coaches next year. Iowa State and kstate will be hiring new coaches.