Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
chiknbut

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by chiknbut »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:30 pm Obviously slavery is worse than trump.

But...we had slavery before we became an independent country, and over time we got smarter and got rid of slavery, and had civil rights, and generally have made things better.

Whereas...before Trump we had a form of democracy. We had elections, we had basic human decency, we had rules and we had traditions...now, we have Trump, all those things are threatened, and generally things are getting worse.
But America got smarter and got rid of Trump. So have a little faith in the process.

We can't lose sight of the fact that the Trump Cult isn't anything new. These people didn't all of a sudden become crazy. Look how long Psych polluted KU boards. There has always been a culture of loons out there. Trump just empowered them and gave them a voice.

They took one in the gut in November and what we're seeing now is their last gasp.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

D’Toquevile was always wrong about democracy. It is the out-numbered that are always the danger in the their anger. Trump never bothered to grow his base for this reason. He wanted fear and intimidation to cower the majority of us. Like the slave interests.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:49 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:30 pm Obviously slavery is worse than trump.

But...we had slavery before we became an independent country, and over time we got smarter and got rid of slavery, and had civil rights, and generally have made things better.

Whereas...before Trump we had a form of democracy. We had elections, we had basic human decency, we had rules and we had traditions...now, we have Trump, all those things are threatened, and generally things are getting worse.
But America got smarter and got rid of Trump. So have a little faith in the process.

We can't lose sight of the fact that the Trump Cult isn't anything new. These people didn't all of a sudden become crazy. Look how long Psych polluted KU boards. There has always been a culture of loons out there. Trump just empowered them and gave them a voice.

They took one in the gut in November and what we're seeing now is their last gasp.
I hope you're right.

And it's gross.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

My FIL gave all of the kids in our family a Christmas card with cash, and a hand written note to each mentioning the fraudulent election (for some fucking reason). My wife went ape shit, party over.

I mean seriously, why would anyone put that on a card to teens and pre teens?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

was he trying to “own the libs”?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Was there also a note to forward the cash to DDD?
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Fraudulent election?!?!? but there's only one orange baffoon who has been proven ON TAPE trying to commit voter fraud.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:56 pm My FIL gave all of the kids in our family a Christmas card with cash, and a hand written note to each mentioning the fraudulent election (for some fucking reason). My wife went ape shit, party over.

Was he always this way? Always thinking a boogeyman was responsible for things not going the way he wanted?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:18 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:56 pm My FIL gave all of the kids in our family a Christmas card with cash, and a hand written note to each mentioning the fraudulent election (for some fucking reason). My wife went ape shit, party over.

Was he always this way? Always thinking a boogeyman was responsible for things not going the way he wanted?
Hard to say. Every TV in his home is on with Fox News blaring in every room.
He retreats to the garage when Rush Limbaugh is on.

My wife told me long ago that he wasn't like this before Obama.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I was at the gym last night. They always keep one teevee locked onto a news station. In the past it bounced between CNN and Fox. Last night it was newsmax. Lady on the treadmill closest to me mentioned she was glad they finally had newsmax on as it's all she watches.
Defense. Rebounds.
kubowler99

Post by kubowler99 »

Something similar happened to me last night, except it was OAN as the only thing they'll watch.

W.T.F?

The reason is because 'The corporate media never tells just the facts. All I want is the facts and then I'll make my own decisions.'

Riiiigghhtt. I'm sure that's it. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact they only tell you what you want to hear so you can continue to live in your own bubble.
kubowler99

Post by kubowler99 »

Of course, he also proceeded to start to rant about investigating voter fraud.

Me: There has to be actual evidence to investigate.

"But nobody will step up to investigate."

Me, much louder now: Because there isn't any. It's why in the 60+ lawsuits, Trump's own attorney's couldn't and would present hard evidence because they didn't have any and what they did have would NEVER hold up in a court of law. Stating conspiracies in front of news cameras doesn't constitute evidence or proof.

End of discussion.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I should know this, but when do the shenanigans begin?
Defense. Rebounds.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Who is going to pardon Trump? My money is on Pence resigning before the 20th.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

sdoyel wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:08 am Who is going to pardon Trump? My money is on Pence resigning before the 20th.
I'm betting on a self-pardon. I don't think Trump can bear to resign, even if it's the clearest path.

I also don't think a pardon will matter all that much. New York has the goods. As do Georgia and Florida if they want.

Perhaps more importantly, as do his creditors and prior benefactors.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Watching the "Save America Rally" on CSPAN.
They are currently playing Elton John's Funeral for a Friend.

1) I wonder if they paid for the rights to use it and Elton approved.
2) I wonder if any of these rubes know what they are listening to.
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:15 am Watching the "Save America Rally" on CSPAN.
They are currently playing Elton John's Funeral for a Friend.

1) I wonder if they paid for the rights to use it and Elton approved.
2) I wonder if any of these rubes know what they are listening to.
Speaking of Greatest Hits, the floor debates today (particularly in the House) are going to be a damn-near-wistful final playthrough of the various insane conspiracies rattling around Trump's gourd.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Trump would have been able to prove voter fraud if the damned post office worked.
Seriously, I think Trump will flee America and be pardoned in flight by Pence—at least that was the plan. Word got out of Prestwick, so wonder if there is a Plan B?

The electoral fraud committed by Trump has been breath-taking. And I would not mind seeing some anti-disinformation laws to shutdown Newsmax. OANRT. Sue the crap out of them at least when they lie.