AP Polls Nov 26th

Kansas Basketball.
NewtonHawk11

AP Polls Nov 26th

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Gonzaga 1. Kansas 1A. 6 points separating them.

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll/2019/4

Duke had 1 vote. From Newell.

Self will love this. Have 2 top 10 wins, and still be 2nd. He'll dig deep with his team on that.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Re: AP Polls Nov 26th

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I like Jesse and while I do agree with his method of his AP poll ranking more than most of the pollsters, it's still a new thing to him.

You can't just regurgitate KenPom. There is some human element to the polls.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

That said, dumb humans are the reason why Gonzaga is number one and they absolutely should not be.

We, the preseason #1 that hasn't lost and has 2 top 10 wins, have been leapfrogged twice now because these same pollsters completely overrated Kentucky going into the season. That, and they're wondering if Duke could beat the Cavs.

It's ridiculous.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Did you see the new ESPN Net rankings? Lol. No kansas in the top ten. But ohio state and texas tech are......nice metrics ESPN.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:22 am Gonzaga 1. Kansas 1A. 6 points separating them.

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll/2019/4

Duke had 1 vote. From Newell.

Self will love this. Have 2 top 10 wins, and still be 2nd. He'll dig deep with his team on that.
Oh, Newell.
Zags will have to face Tenn and UNC soon.
I don't think they should be no. 1 but if they win those, I won't have that much of an issue.

Right now, them being 1, is horseshit.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TDub wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:37 am Did you see the new ESPN Net rankings? Lol. No kansas in the top ten. But ohio state and texas tech are......nice metrics ESPN.
That is an NCAA machine, not ESPN.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:26 am I like Jesse and while I do agree with his method of his AP poll ranking more than most of the pollsters, it's still a new thing to him.

Yeah, I asked him on twitter if he has ANY other sort of reasoning for polls, or if it is all KenPom and all that stuff. No answer yet.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:56 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:26 am I like Jesse and while I do agree with his method of his AP poll ranking more than most of the pollsters, it's still a new thing to him.

Yeah, I asked him on twitter if he has ANY other sort of reasoning for polls, or if it is all KenPom and all that stuff. No answer yet.
Jesse votes how he legitimately thinks the teams stack up. He definitely believes Duke is still the best team in the country and believes Duke has the best chance of winning the national championship.

That is how he has always voted and will continue to do so. The problem is that these are WEEK-BY-WEEK rankings/polls. By definition, recency bias is supposed to play a part.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

If KU was the #3 team that beat the #1 team, many KU fans would think we should be #1. So it goes.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Eh, I'd have less of an argument if the team ahead of us was already no. 2 and had 2 top 10 wins rather than just one.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

BINGO twocoach! Wow! Imagine that, a non-biased opinion from a KU fan. Who would have thought?
Let me know where the Zags and KU are ranked come selection Sunday and then when the tournament is over. Then I will care if we are #1 or #2. Until then, doesn't really matter other than something to bitch about or gloat about. Right?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Gutter wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:56 pm BINGO twocoach! Wow! Imagine that, a non-biased opinion from a KU fan. Who would have thought?
Only you and front-butt get it. The debt we owe to you two is immeasurable.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

That was hardly snide. I was just worried about you throwing out your shoulder, patting yourself on the back.

I care, Gutter.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

...and it's gone!
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:01 pm
Gutter wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:56 pm BINGO twocoach! Wow! Imagine that, a non-biased opinion from a KU fan. Who would have thought?
Only you and front-butt get it. The debt we owe to you two is immeasurable.
potd
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
kcmokufan

Post by kcmokufan »

twocoach wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:42 pm If KU was the #3 team that beat the #1 team, many KU fans would think we should be #1. So it goes.
whether or not this is true has nothing to do with whether or not KU should be jumped.

So should KU be jumped or not?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

kcmokufan wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:17 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:42 pm If KU was the #3 team that beat the #1 team, many KU fans would think we should be #1. So it goes.
whether or not this is true has nothing to do with whether or not KU should be jumped.

If I was an AP voter, I would have had KU at #1 since the beginning of the season so it is not a decision I would have to justify. Jumpimg Duke over KU was the initial overreaction that is just being followed by more overreactions.

Duke's best 3 players are more talented than our 3 best players and Gonzaga is more experienced but not quite as talented. I haven't seen Virginia play yet. I think KU is the best overall team in the nation by a decent margin. We've beaten two really good Elite Eight or better teams and frankly probably haven't played better than our B or B- level game yet.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

kcmokufan wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:17 pm

#3 beats #1 and moves up to #1 while #2 beats #5 and stays #2.
I don't have a problem with that. No matter if it's KU or anyone else as the #3 or #2 team.
Other people do have a problem with it - good for them if it serves a purpose.
As the great Sergeant Albright used to say, "Makes me no never never mind".
Carry on.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Only 6 points separation.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Kansas has the no. 2 SOS in RPI.
Gonzaga 48th.

Kansas SOS Kenpom 7th.
Gonzaga 90th.

Kansas SOS BPI 5th.
Gonzaga SOS BPI 107th.