Super Bowl LV

Kansas Football.
holidaysmore

Re: Super Bowl LV

Post by holidaysmore »

To me it was clear Allen isn’t ready for the spotlight yet. He made some big time splash throws but couldn’t make the easy ones. Those are what kill you in the Playoffs. Well that and the Chiefs defense, once again are rounding into form. Take away a Hardman fumble and a late TD they held Buffalo to nine points. 20 something of those plays occurred in the red zone were the Chiefs were dead last and the Bills top 5. Secondary eliminated Diggs and kept everyone else under control.
We talk about Andy and Pat but Spags has been so great especially down the stretch.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Spags has had a great plan for each of the playoff games.
Can he take it to Brady one last time?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Fisher confirmed out.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/307 ... n-achilles

I forgot about Niang too.

"The Chiefs have had to dig deep into their offensive line depth this season. They will play against the Bucs with three starting offensive linemen out with injuries, including both starting tackles (right tackle Mitchell Schwartz has been sidelined since Week 6 with a back injury). The Chiefs also had one starter, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, and one backup, Lucas Niang, opt out before the start of training camp."
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jeez...how shitty would it be to be one of those linemen
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Schwartz or Fisher?
Or LDT or Niang?

Would be shitty for both the former ( and i'd say ESPECIALLY shitty for Fisher as I think he's grown to love being a Chief ) - but the latter made their decisions before the season.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Chiefs will have some comp picks in 2021.
I know they addressed the line with Niang - but I think you gotta spend a 1st/2nd on O-Line depth to protect Mahomes and to prepare for things like this.
Deleted User 89

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:08 pm Schwartz or Fisher?
Or LDT or Niang?

Would be shitty for both the former ( and i'd say ESPECIALLY shitty for Fisher as I think he's grown to love being a Chief ) - but the latter made their decisions before the season.
i was more meaning not being able to play in the SB due to injury beyond their control
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yea, agree with you on Schwartz and Fisher.
LDT and Niang made that choice a while ago ( LDT for noble reasons ).
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Anyone want to help a complete douchebag (no - not me) score 4 Super Bowl tickets?
Aubrey Huff (who takes pride in being an asshole) is now actually asking for tickets?

https://twitter.com/LamarCoachT/status/ ... 8472432641
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Ha! ^^^

A bit O/T, Superbowl LV: because of the NFL sticking the trophy between L and V in its logo for the game, a lot of people are confused and spelling it LIV. Which is probably a good omen. . .
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Chiefs by 100.

Sad and bad news. Gay, blew out his meniscus yesterday in practice. Obviously out. Didn't figure to play a huge role in the game plan but would have been nice to have him for ST and depth.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Tough rookie year for him.
Gay not much of a factor this season.
Niang zero factor.

But our 1st and 4th round picks are looking pretty good.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah really tough for Gay with no offseason activities. Probably going to be the same story this summer too. Limited to zero OTA and all that in the spring and summer.

He'll be really good, once he gets more of a feel for the game.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:25 am Yeah really tough for Gay with no offseason activities. Probably going to be the same story this summer too. Limited to zero OTA and all that in the spring and summer.

He'll be really good, once he gets more of a feel for the game.
Says it's about a 4 month recovery, which would get him back right about the time that OTAs usually start (late May and run through early June). And he should be back for mandatory minicamps in mid June.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

What I'm saying is that with Covid rules, there may not be on-field OTAs and all that. Everything was mostly virtual last year.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:29 am What I'm saying is that with Covid rules, there may not be on-field OTAs and all that. Everything was mostly virtual last year.
If they can hold practices and play games all this season then they can work out this summer. i fully expect all offseason activities to occur with COVID protocols in place.
Deleted User 89

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Come on Sammy.
Just one game.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Sammy has a ton of incentive money riding on this Super Bowl game and with him missing half of the regular season and the money that came with that my guess would be he goes. I also saw him featured on the Chiefs Instagram page with his SB jersey on. He plays. How well or long I have no idea. This has to be his last game as Chief, right?

Chiefs fans...Bucs or the 49'ers last year. Who is the better team?
Holidaysmore - 2005