Super Bowl LV

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Super Bowl LV

Post by pdub »

"But regardless, what non fans post on sports message boards of a certain team define them as a type of fan."

You're the worst kind of fan.
And it shows in game threads too.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So you dont have an emotional attachment to an NFL team, have 6000 posts on this bored, which is clearly a
Chiefs bored right after KU, but barely any of them are about the Chiefs, and show up right after a loss with your wisdom.

Bitch move doyel.
Not unexpected though.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Selfs lost this team.
Streaks ended."

KU goes on to win 4 more B12 titles in a row.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:22 pm So you dont have an emotional attachment, have 6000 posts on this bored, but barely any of them are about the Chiefs, and show up right after a loss with your wisdom.

Bitch move doyel.
Not unexpected though.
No idea why you’ve chosen to make this thread about me, but you do you...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

If someone would have told me that a team with Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Watkins, Robinson, Williams, Hardman, Pringle, and Edwards-Helaire, couldn't score a TD - I would have told them they were nuts.
Of course having a depleted offensive line is a valid excuse for struggling tonight but no way they should have been held out of the end zone. Even if they were playing against the 85 Bears.
Therefore, to me, the MVP of the game was probably Todd Bowles.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:45 pm Addressing both tackles will be critical. Have to assume Schwartz is done.

We can say all we want about how bad the offensive line sucked but Andy clearly did them ZERO favors with his game plan. If we want to call him a genius then we have to address his absolutely failure of a game plan tonight. It was clear from the first quarter that he thought he could play the same game that they played on Thanksgiving. Bucs coaches schemed and made adjustments and the Chiefs didn’t.
Weird ending to what has been a weird week for both Andy Reid and Eric Bienemy.

I also don't think enough is being said about how the Bucs also did anything they wanted on offense. The game was called too tightly in the first half and in the Bucs favor--but they were still doing basically anything they wanted. Chiefs picked the wrong time to play their worst game. Seeing Mathieu completely lose the psychological battle was also perplexing.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'm truly bummed out. No touchdowns, D shredded in the 2nd half. Penalties, half were bogus but the other half weren't, no blocking. So frustrating. Hopefully, we're pissed off next year.
Defense. Rebounds.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Grandma wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:27 pm If someone would have told me that a team with Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Watkins, Robinson, Williams, Hardman, Pringle, and Edwards-Helaire, couldn't score a TD - I would have told them they were nuts.
Of course having a depleted offensive line is a valid excuse for struggling tonight but no way they should have been held out of the end zone. Even if they were playing against the 85 Bears.
Bowles is a coach.
Deleted User 289

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:29 pm
Grandma wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:27 pm If someone would have told me that a team with Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Watkins, Robinson, Williams, Hardman, Pringle, and Edwards-Helaire, couldn't score a TD - I would have told them they were nuts.
Bowles is a coach.
TRUE!
Maybe I should clarify in regards to my post MVP = Most Valuable Person (or Participant?) and not Most Valuable Player.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:32 pm Bucs get most back, no?
Chiefs get two OLinemen back in LDT and the TCU rookie who quit on the season.
But Schwartz may be busted. You need OLine--you have to give Mahomes more than one second.
They need to find another tackle ASAP. No guarantee that Fisher gets back for any of next year.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

There were a few questionable (or bad) calls. But the bottom line is, our offensive line sucked, we couldn't catch a ball on 3rd down, and our defense was horrible through most of the game. I hate seeing Brady beat us, but his team deserved it today. I think Mahomes was less responsible for this loss than the rest of our team. Even our punter was having an off night.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The defense really was okay until exhausted. There were four or five drive saving bad calls that kept them on the field. The game was about the Oline weakness. It would gave been closer with better officiating and maybe gone a different way, but the team was listless all night. Bad road game. Bad injuries. Went as far as they could on fumes.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We deserved to loose 21-13.
Bucs got 10-14 points from poor calls.
And Pringle was held in the endzone, should have been 1st and goal.

Still a loss.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Chiefs got destroyed. Ref help or no ref help.

They in no way deserved to win the game.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Last night was the nfl at its pro wrestling finest.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:23 am Chiefs got destroyed. Ref help or no ref help.

The lack of second quarter adjustments is what bothers me. Tampa 2 all day long. Zero disguise and it’s not like the Chiefs hadn’t seen that same coverage before and yet Andy calls deep pocket drop backs over and over. By the time he went to the run game in the second half it was to late.
Hell, the general collapse of an entire team that had been through so much was surprising.
So many miscues. Self inflicted mistakes. Andy’s clock management blunder at the end of the first half. The Chiefs picked the worst time to have their worst game in the Mahomes era.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:38 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:23 am Chiefs got destroyed. Ref help or no ref help.

The lack of second quarter adjustments is what bothers me. Tampa 2 all day long. Zero disguise and it’s not like the Chiefs hadn’t seen that same coverage before and yet Andy calls deep pocket drop backs over and over. By the time he went to the run game in the second half it was to late.
Hell, the general collapse of an entire team that had been through so much was surprising.
So many miscues. Self inflicted mistakes. Andy’s clock management blunder at the end of the first half. The Chiefs picked the worst time to have their worst game in the Mahomes era.
I didn't have a problem with trying to get the ball back. But after Tampa got it to 3rd and 2, you needed to back off. What happened next was stupidly predictable; while the ball was in the air, I said, "And here's the Brady PI special."
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:38 am

I was also perplexed by this. One team clearly looked more focused and ready to play.

Reid talking about not giving Brady extra chances and then calling a timeout without the ball after watching the GB film. Lining up way offsides on a field goal in the Super Bowl. The weird Matthieu stuff. The Bucs were in the Chiefs’ head from the get go.
Deleted User 289

Grandma wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:33 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:29 pm
Bowles is a coach.
TRUE!
Maybe I should clarify in regards to my post MVP = Most Valuable Person (or Participant?) and not Most Valuable Player.
Marcus Herford
11h ·
If there was anytime for a first it would be tonight. Todd Bowles should win the MVP. He had a HECK of a game plan 😂🤣👏🏿👏🏿