Ugh.
Deleted User 89

Re: Major housing crash coming this winter or sooner

Post by Deleted User 89 »

:lol:
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

The market sold off today because of rising yields on the bonds. Contrary to what some are saying, this is not good news for all the asset bubbles (housing, bitcoin, stocks). The only solution is to print even more money, which will lead to massive inflation. I think the stock market could continue to sell off into next week.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 89

:lol:
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Breakfast burrito this morning using up some odds and ends in the veggie drawer
Defense. Rebounds.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Just bacon for me.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

2x homemade egg McMuffins. Sourdough English muffins toasted extra crunchy on the one side, little butter, sharp cheddar. McBreakfast of McChampions
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Coffee and Bagel Crisps. Disappointing combo. Although, individually both are excellent.

To quote Wally - I also "think the stock market could continue to sell off into next week".
I also think the stock market might NOT continue to sell off into next week.
Cool! Now I am assured that others will believe I am a market guru!
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Coffee and granola bars for me. I am driving out to Colorado Springs, or "The Springs" as the natives call it, this afternoon to buy another house. We pulled off the Colorado rarity this week, we got a contract for less than asking price.

We bought based upon a zoom walk thru with our realtor. She spoke to the seller's realtor after the walk thru to discuss an offer. The other realtor and the seller are obviously tired of the process. We were told, "the seller wants to be in bed by 8:00 tonight, if you get the offer to her before bedtime she will probably accept."

Never heard that declaration before, but OK.

We had the offer out at 6:30 and at 7:00 we had a deal. We will see the place in person for the first time tomorrow. First impressions are we got a bargain. Once again we were in the right place at the right time.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What I don’t get is how name brand English muffins are like 3x as much as the store brand.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

They put more English in the muffins. That is expensive shit what with the hyperinflation and all.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I suppose that checks out.

Also, congrats on the new home.

Are you moving to the springs? Satellite empire base? Gonna rent it? Joining the space force?
Deleted User 89

toast with peanut butter, and coffee

my normal go-to
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

japhy wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:34 am Coffee and granola bars for me. I am driving out to Colorado Springs, or "The Springs" as the natives call it, this afternoon to buy another house. We pulled off the Colorado rarity this week, we got a contract for less than asking price.

We bought based upon a zoom walk thru with our realtor. She spoke to the seller's realtor after the walk thru to discuss an offer. The other realtor and the seller are obviously tired of the process. We were told, "the seller wants to be in bed by 8:00 tonight, if you get the offer to her before bedtime she will probably accept."

Never heard that declaration before, but OK.

We had the offer out at 6:30 and at 7:00 we had a deal. We will see the place in person for the first time tomorrow. First impressions are we got a bargain. Once again we were in the right place at the right time.
Nice, they obviously wanted to slide through Indiana Jones style before the housing market collapses.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Coincidently, I received an email about a property this morning and just got a phone call from an agent named Carolyn Durocher regarding different properties.
Very rare for me to be contacted once a day let alone twice in the same day. Before 9:15am.
Hmmmm. I'm wondering what if anything do they know that I don't know?

Hard to explain to these brokers that I'm not buying anything until after my mother dies without my feeling they are then going hope my mother dies asap.
Deleted User 89

i made the mistake of using one of the online tools to try and estimate what size of mortgage we could qualify for

not only did i not get an actual answer, but i have since been bombarded by texts and emails

lending and real estate agents are as bad as car salesmen
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Dow down another 469 points today. Next week is likely going to be the big sell off.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Congrats, Japhy, drive safely.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:42 am I suppose that checks out.

Also, congrats on the new home.

Are you moving to the springs? Satellite empire base? Gonna rent it? Joining the space force?
We are moving our possessions from Denver to the Springs. We will eventually, in 7 years or less, move our bodies and the contents of our KC home there. It will be our "city" house when we need to get out of the Empire for a change of scenery. It only takes 2 1/2 hours to get from one place to the other so convenient for a weekend. If we are feeling really lazy, we could take the Bustang between locations.

We might rent it out, still not decided on that. It's pretty close to Colorado College so it is a good location for that.

I checked out the Space Force, but they no longer have a rank of "Sargent in Charge of the Booze". So I am closing the book on that opportunity.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:22 pm Dow down another 469 points today. Next week is likely going to be the big sell off.
Up 660 points so far today. You're funny.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

twocoach wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:58 pm
Walrus wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:22 pm Dow down another 469 points today. Next week is likely going to be the big sell off.
Up 660 points so far today. You're funny.
LOBBY'S BIG SELL OFF HAS STARTED!!!!!!!