In this thread, the "experts" own Lobs

Ugh.
Walrus

Re: 2020: the year the "feelz" took over

Post by Walrus »

You can find racism anywhere you want to look for it.
Last edited by Walrus on Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Disney certainly has changed directions in terms of it's protagonists being women/girls (heard recently that you're not supposed to use "female" anymore, which is not a different subject, but not addressing that here).

Rey, Poppy, Anna and Elsa, Moana, new Mulan, etc.

That's not feminism though, that's trying to make up for wayyyyy too many years of almost exclusively male protagonists.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:00 pm cultural norms change

i’m not a fan of banning anything, necessarily. i think parents need to do a better job vetting the things their kids watch. but, i also have zero issues with Disney or the Dr. Seuss estate taking the moral high ground and restricting or discontinuing certain titles
No one is banning anything. This is the owner of the product choosing to no longer offer said product. To me, it doesn't matter why a company chooses to no longer offer a product that they feel may hurt their brand and potentially cost them revenue via lost subscribers. It is their product and thus, their right. American capitalism at its finest. You'd think that looking out for #1 to safeguard the bottom line would be a stance that republicans would identify with. Disney just wraps it in a cloak of "we're worried for your kids" for marketing and media reasons.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:12 pm

i’m not a fan of banning anything, necessarily. i think parents need to do a better job vetting the things their kids watch. but, i also have zero issues with Disney or the Dr. Seuss estate taking the moral high ground and restricting or discontinuing certain titles
No one is banning anything. This is the owner of the product choosing to no longer offer said product. To me, it doesn't matter why a company chooses to no longer offer a product that they feel may hurt their brand and potentially cost them revenue via lost subscribers. It is their product and thus, their right. American capitalism at its finest. You'd think that looking out for #1 to safeguard the bottom line would be a stance that republicans would identify with. Disney just wraps it in a cloak of "we're worried for your kids" for marketing and media reasons.
you’re clarifying to the wrong person

i know nobody is banning anything. lobs is the one you need to be engaging
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Mjl wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:08 pm Disney certainly has changed directions in terms of it's protagonists being women/girls (heard recently that you're not supposed to use "female" anymore, which is not a different subject, but not addressing that here).

Rey, Poppy, Anna and Elsa, Moana, new Mulan, etc.

That's not feminism though, that's trying to make up for wayyyyy too many years of almost exclusively male protagonists.
Pardon my cynical viewpoint here but I think they're just trying to create products to sell to the widest range of target audiences. "She looks like me" sells big to kids but at some point, white parent stop feeling the need to buy EVERY character. My redheaded daughter's favorite characters are Merida and Ariel. They look like her so she wants their toys the most. So now Disney have Tiana, Moana, Lilo, etc...bigger market, bigger revenue. It's America.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:12 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:12 pm

you’re clarifying to the wrong person

i know nobody is banning anything. lobs is the one you need to be engaging
I just didn't make it explicitly clear that I agreed with you. My bad.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Walrus wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:08 pm You can find racism anywhere you want to look for it.
True that, racism was pretty much ingrained in the DNA of our country from the time the first conquerors set foot on North America. Hundreds of years of institutions and regulations/laws put in place to cement the ideas and constructs of white/anglo supremacy. The trend towards reversal of those constructs has been slow and fought all the way by those the system advantages.

Good to see that you have finally noticed racism is everywhere.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 89

i’d heard of it before, but was reminded earlier today of the Tuskegee syphilis experiments

if you’re unaware (lobster), it’d be worth some research. a(nother) sad fucking chapter in this country’s history
Last edited by Deleted User 89 on Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

It is everywhere if you want to see it. ;)
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 89

Walrus wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:15 pm It is everywhere if you’re intellectually honest. ;)
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

:lol: The irony to a lot of the left's claims of "racism" is that they are the most prejudiced people against whites. Racism by definition, is extremely rare. Prejudice is what most people are actually referring to when they speak of racism.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Walrus wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:19 pm :lol: Thahswojelgiha eswngojwena shtgoejgla a;kihnsgkln adnjsoiae/dsg asijadg'jva/skjg ;aisej;vlkas;dafih a'ppobhaxkdkn;
Well said.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

This is one the funniest images I've seen in some time. :lol:

Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Walrus wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:19 pm :lol: The irony to a lot of the left's claims of "racism" is that they are the most prejudiced people against whites. Racism by definition, is extremely rare. Prejudice is what most people are actually referring to when they speak of racism.
Every time I try and believe you really aren't a dumb fuck, you come up with shit like this.

So is it the White people on the left who are prejudiced against Whites or the Black people on the left who are prejudiced against Whites? Both? Neither?

Are you incapable of comprehending that prejudice (and discrimination) are forms of racism?
"Racism by definition, is extremely rare". WHAT?
Seriously, how fucking permanently high and naive are you?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Not many people really believe their race is superior to another (less than 1% of the population).

If you can get your definitions straight, maybe we can have a discussion. ;)
Deleted User 89

not only are you ignorant, but you’re naive as well
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Walrus wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:26 pm Image

Not many people really believe their race is superior to another (less than 1% of the population).

If you can get your definitions straight, maybe we can have a discussion. ;)
Not sure if I should respond LOL, WTF, or JFC?

1) Did you ready the entire entry?
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

2) The chance/s it is truly is less than 1% of "the population" (I assume you mean USA population) that believes their race is superior to another - are about the same chance/s as me being elected President in 2024.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Well, you all certainly have the right to go be angry about Webster's dictionary if you want. ;)
Deleted User 89

you’re so dishonest