GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 289

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by Deleted User 289 »

This man was our President and people actually STILL adore him.
What a fucked up country we live in.

https://twitter.com/BadCOVID19Takes/sta ... 2278472704
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The Biden administration's massively successful vaccine rollout sort of confirms how much better off we would have been with even marginally-competent leadership this time last year.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and the saddest part may be how many Mericans are unable, or just unwilling, to recognize it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Not sure if posted:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/1 ... ncy-475733

It's funny that people don't recognize that the times where Trump appears to support people who ideologically and politically he probably shouldn't are all times where he can host an event at his resort and make a few bucks.

He acts only in the interests of his wallet, his sexual desires and his ego. In this he is completely consistent. It is a compulsion that he cannot control, even if he wanted to, damn the consequences. It wins him some things and costs him other things.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:01 am The Biden administration's massively successful vaccine rollout sort of confirms how much better off we would have been with even marginally-competent leadership this time last year.
I went out to dinner for my birthday last night and it was hopping. People are clearly feeling more confident and comfortable. We are 7 1/2 weeks out from Inauguration Day. It will be very interesting to see where we are 7 1/2 weeks from now.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Its amazing what increased testing does for positivity rate.

Our county, for instance, needed a 5% positive rate to move to next level. They opened up free testing sites every Monday and Wednesday. We are now at 5.1% positive rate.....with only a few less actual positive cases. Things are opening up and people are confident.

Is that actually better or is it number manipulation by flooding the data with negative tests? We shall see.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

you always want to test as many as possible, regardless of actual numbers of positives and negatives

if testing is up, and positivity rate is down, that’s ALWAYS a good thing
kubowler99

Post by kubowler99 »

I mean that's like basic statistics. The bigger the sample size, the more accurate the statistics. Why is math so hard for people?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

No shit sherlock. But my point being.....perhaps, juat perhaps it wasnt as bad/widespread previously (my specific county) as depicted. The positivity rate was high because nobody was getting tested unless they were pretty sure they had it.
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:39 pm Not sure if posted:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/1 ... ncy-475733

It's funny that people don't recognize that the times where Trump appears to support people who ideologically and politically he probably shouldn't are all times where he can host an event at his resort and make a few bucks.

He acts only in the interests of his wallet, his sexual desires and his ego. In this he is completely consistent. It is a compulsion that he cannot control, even if he wanted to, damn the consequences. It wins him some things and costs him other things.
Once again, another thing I don't get.

Trump changed his party affiliation on almost a yearly bases during the 90's and 00's. He only took on his current political opinions, cause that gave him a route to win the presidency. His political ideals change with the wind Yet, his sycophants remain blindly loyal.

And these are the same people who turned their back on GHW Bush for raising taxes when he said he wouldn't. And never supported Romney because he's changed his mind about a few things over the years.

I don't get it.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
kubowler99

Post by kubowler99 »

TDub wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:14 pm No shit sherlock. But my point being.....perhaps, juat perhaps it wasnt as bad/widespread previously (my specific county) as depicted. The positivity rate was high because nobody was getting tested unless they were pretty sure they had it.
I get your point (my previous comment wasn't directed at you; more towards the ether I guess and those on this board that still think the previous administration's 'test less is better' approach was a good idea.

Unfortunately, we'll never know the more accurate positivity rate because of just how terrible the previous administration was. And we probably won't know to what extent for months, most likely years, down the road.

Sorry - beating a dead horse.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

kubowler99 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:58 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:14 pm No shit sherlock. But my point being.....perhaps, juat perhaps it wasnt as bad/widespread previously (my specific county) as depicted. The positivity rate was high because nobody was getting tested unless they were pretty sure they had it.
I get your point (my previous comment wasn't directed at you; more towards the ether I guess and those on this board that still think the previous administration's 'test less is better' approach was a good idea.

Unfortunately, we'll never know the more accurate positivity rate because of just how terrible the previous administration was. And we probably won't know to what extent for months, most likely years, down the road.

Sorry - beating a dead horse.
All fair points. Sorry i lost my head.
Just Ledoux it
kubowler99

Post by kubowler99 »

No biggie. I actually laughed at the 'No shit sherlock' comment, as I hadn't heard that one in quite some time.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

kubowler99 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:11 am No biggie. I actually laughed at the 'No shit sherlock' comment, as I hadn't heard that one in quite some time.
"Keep digging, Watson!"

- every 12-year-old, at least thirty times
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

He also said...

"We have our freedoms, and we have to live by that. And I agree with that also."

The reason he said he supports the vax is because he knew the MSM set a trap and he wasn't dumb enough to fall for it. They would make a big story of it if he said "don't trust the vaccine." That's what they wanted.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

:lol:
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

:lol:
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.