COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Cascadia

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Cascadia »

Don’t worry, in the 4 more minutes between zsn’s post and TrumperDub’s response he was able to read through zsb’s link, process the information and respond accordingly.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

But the cdc says 66% - am I not understanding something correctly?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Mjl wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:29 pm But the cdc says 66% - am I not understanding something correctly?
That's how much it reduces the likelihood of getting the virus, but if you do get it, it's much much milder. No one in the trial needed hospitalization and no one died, but people in placebo group did at the expected rate.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:03 pm
Mjl wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:29 pm But the cdc says 66% - am I not understanding something correctly?
That's how much it reduces the likelihood of getting the virus, but if you do get it, it's much much milder. No one in the trial needed hospitalization and no one died, but people in placebo group did at the expected rate.
Ahh. And when I actually follow the link instead of reading the blurb that looks consistent with the cdc. Thanks.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

40 hours post 2nd shot of Moderna. Outside of arm soreness and more fatigue than usual, it was as easy as it could be.

Excited to be done with both!
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Got my 2nd shot almost 2 months ago.

Clearly not dead yet
kubowler99

Post by kubowler99 »

Got my 2nd dose (Phizer) last Tuesday, and had about 24 hours of feeling like crap.

Also, did anyone else have odd bruising on their arm...

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mine looks like Fauci
Defense. Rebounds.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Overlander wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:58 am Got my 2nd shot almost 2 months ago.

Clearly not dead yet
But you will die, eventually, and if we are being intellectually honest I think we can all agree that it might be the vaccine that kills you.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:25 am
Overlander wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:58 am Got my 2nd shot almost 2 months ago.

Clearly not dead yet
But you will die, eventually, and if we are being intellectually honest I think we can all agree that it might be the vaccine that kills you.
Most likely a factor, for sure.

But hey, if I get lost in the desert, it should be easy to track me down now!
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

My news feed suggested this story, obviously because I was Googling info about the J&J vaccine: https://nypost.com/2021/04/11/nj-man-in ... accinated/

It's infuriating Lobster-bait. I found the same story covered on Daily Mail in an equally misleading way.

The NYPost one says that he's in the hospital 5 weeks after getting the vaccine... But then clarifies that he got the shot March 6 and had symptoms April 1st. And no mention that the CDC says that the J&J requires 4 weeks for immunity.

The Daily Mail version flat out lies about what the CDC says, saying it's 2 weeks.

It's unethical and they will get people killed.
Deleted User 865

Post by Deleted User 865 »

I obviously read some NY Post to keep on top of what misinformation, but the NYP had three articles in a row like this that were in my feed. All about one random occurrence not based in fact.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

It's important to remember that these stories stand out because they're so rare too.

And almost all of them seem to involve people who were right on the verge of being fully vaccinated. You have to remember that human bodies are different. And the amount of time to achieve full protection can change from one person to another.

ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Kinda nice havin' an in-house Ph.D. (in a life science) to keep us on a level plane.

Thx, Doc
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

You're welcome.

I was worried I was a know-it-all that others were complaining about.

Good to hear someone values my expertise.

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:33 pm You're welcome.

I was worried I was a know-it-all that others were complaining about.

Good to hear someone values my expertise.
I do. That's why I came here first when I saw the 66.3% efficacy thing - you explain it better than the CDC does.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Um.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/politic ... 21279.html
[The Missouri state] House bill, which requires one more vote before going to the Senate, is the most far-reaching proposal. It would ban the state from issuing documentation that someone has received a vaccine.
Wait a minute.

If a state can’t give its citizens evidence of vaccines given in a state-administered program, what are those citizens supposed to use where such documentation is necessary out of state?

Owning the libs (even if just in a news bite!) is a political platform - indeed a political *party* - unto itself. We knew from Florida that owning the libs is more important than keeping the government out of the affairs of private business. We learn now from Missouri that owning the libs is more important than, you know, enabling Missourians to be full participants on the national stage.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

J&J vaccine on hold now so I and countless others can't their shot. It's because of 1 in a million recipients getting blood clots. Meanwhile 1 in around 650 people in the country have died of Covid.

Walensky, just like with recommendations on schools, is not doing things based on math and/or science. She has to go. What a disaster.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Mjl taking issue with a minority woman, what a shock. Had a similar take on Kamala Harris being the VP.