NYAG - Grab your popcorn?

Ugh.
kubowler99

Re: NYAG - Grab your popcorn?

Post by kubowler99 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:55 pm right, but republican does not necessarily = trump
Ummm...yeah, it really does now. Unfortunately.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

kubowler99 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:32 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:55 pm right, but republican does not necessarily = trump
Ummm...yeah, it really does now. Unfortunately.
liz cheney says hi
kubowler99

Post by kubowler99 »

We've got one! Woo hoo!

j/k - I get what you're saying, but my comment was really about the Party. Individually, sure, people can call themselves 'Republicans' and not like/vote for Trump. But at the end of the day, he's on the ticket, part of the 'club', and his minions are now elected or running up and down the ballot.

The fact is the party, as a whole, has decided the Trump way is the best way to stay relevant moving forward.

And yes, there are folks like the Lincoln Project and other never Trumpers, but on the whole, 74 million people (Trumpers and Republicans alike) voted for Trump. And you see people like Graham, McConnell, McCarthy, etc - the supposed leaders of the party - doubling down on the rhetoric. Fox News has somehow moved even further down the rabbit hole (something I didn't think was possible) since he lost the election.

It's been stated multiple times on here, but the only way the Republican Party/brand saves itself is by actively, openly separating itself from Trump...which means losing multiple elections for the foreseeable future.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

but when Trumpers and Republicans are all voting for the exact same people, what’s the point in differentiating?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:38 am but when Trumpers and Republicans are all voting for the exact same people, what’s the point in differentiating?
Keep that same energy for the left.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

#BothSidesDoIt
Deleted User 863

Dems vote for dems. Repubs vote for repubs.

I know handfuls of people who voted Biden and absolutely hate him...i don't "hate" him, but i don't "like" him either, and yet he still got my vote.

If i voted for who i wanted to be president it would have been a wasted vote because the 2 candidates i liked the best had already dropped out.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:09 am Dems vote for dems. Repubs vote for repubs.

I know handfuls of people who voted Biden and absolutely hate him...i don't "hate" him, but i don't "like" him either, and yet he still got my vote.

If i voted for who i wanted to be president it would have been a wasted vote because the 2 candidates i liked the best had already dropped out.
My parents are Republicans and did not vote for a single Republican in the 2020 election cycle.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“The 2-party system was one of the cleverest schemes the Merican bourgeoisie ever came up with...that way, when the system fails, people will blame the party they don’t like, rather than the bourgeoisie who implemented it”

Or something.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:11 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:09 am Dems vote for dems. Repubs vote for repubs.

My parents are Republicans and did not vote for a single Republican in the 2020 election cycle.
Same with mine.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

dt will be nowhere to be found in 2024.

The democrats that are hoping for the same Republican Party that stormed the capital on 01-06 are wishful thinking.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 89

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:19 am

Same with mine.
yet you went right ahead and made your false, willfully ignorant statement
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:50 am dt will be nowhere to be found in 2024.

The democrats that are hoping for the same Republican Party that stormed the capital on 01-06 are wishful thinking.
um, 95% of the evidence doesn’t agree with you

he may not be on the ticket directly, but that’s hardly the point
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:23 am
Same with mine.
Strange that you didn't take issue with the same comment when it was only about repubs.

Actually, not strange at all. 🙄😐
Deleted User 89

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:43 am
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:23 am
Same with mine.
Strange that you didn't take issue with the same comment when it was only about repubs.

Actually, not strange at all. 🙄😐
what?

i specifically said that not all pubs are trumpers

edit: good attempt at deflection though, to cover up your ignorance
Last edited by Deleted User 89 on Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

2024 is a long ways away.

dt is already starting to fade.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:50 am dt will be nowhere to be found in 2024.

No, you apparently didn't understand what I typed. They did not vote for a single Republican in any race, national or state, because they are disgusted with the Republican Party as it stands today.

And if you think Trump won't be around in 2024 then I have some bad news for you. He isn't going anywhere unless he goes to prison.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:29 am

No, you apparently didn't understand what I typed. They did not vote for a single Republican in any race, national or state, because they are disgusted with the Republican Party as it stands today.

And if you think Trump won't be around in 2024 then I have some bad news for you. He isn't going anywhere unless he goes to prison.
Agree. It is simply not in his nature to fade away.
Deleted User 89

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:36 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:29 am

Agree. It is simply not in his nature to fade away.
and the majority of elected pubs continue paying him lip service, wanting his blessing and his voters

trump may not be on the 2024 ticket, but trumpism most assuredly is
Deleted User 863

Deep breathing trad.

Who cares who is on the losing ticket. I am more concerned/worried about who is going to be on the winning ticket. And i surely hope it isn't Biden.