KU Football 2021 off season thread

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 865

Re: KU Football 2021 off season thread

Post by Deleted User 865 »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:02 am 6-year contract.

https://kuathletics.com/lance-leipold-n ... all-coach/
It's important to have a couple of extra years on that contract so we can continue our streak of paying for four head coaches at the same time.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 880

Post by Deleted User 880 »

Maybe I am overly superstitious but I sure hope there isn't irony with a whole buncha Ls in the Leopold clan.
L ance L eopold.
Wife Ke L L y.
Daughter, L indsey, and son, L andon.

I'm just messing around.
Wishing LL and the KU Football program the best.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Does that seem a bit odd to anyone else?
HenrySwanson

Post by HenrySwanson »

Is the portal still open? Can he bring some OL with him?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

InfiniteJ wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:12 am
Does that seem a bit odd to anyone else?
yes
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Apparently Goff just wasn't sure of Monken's offense. Had 2 deals basically negotiating at once, it seems. Picked the safest bet likely. Good for him. Good for Kansas.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:46 am Apparently Goff just wasn't sure of Monken's offense. Had 2 deals basically negotiating at once, it seems. Picked the safest bet likely. Good for him. Good for Kansas.
Regardless of which guy ended up with the job, I think every one should/will come away impressed with how Goff conducted the search. Very encouraging. Every move KU has made since dumping Miles/Long has seemed to be the right step. Hiring Stuckey, then Goff, now Leipold. All these moves were the right ones so far. Wonder what's next on Goff's agenda.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

vega wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:23 am I haven't been following this search much. What are the pros and cons of Leipold? I heard the name, but I know nothing about him.
Sure man I will help you out.

Pro- He is not Monken who runs a TO offense his whole life but for some reason wasn't going to run it at KU so would have been totally worthless. Apparently was an absolute beast in DIV-3 for some team I have never heard of and played against teams no one ever heard of. Recently he was HC at Buffalo where we all know just pumps out freaking Hot superstar HC's left and right except for maybe one. Think his name was Turn a program upside down Gill or something like that. Right now for sure every Big 12 program is just shaking in their boots scared of his X and O"s knowledge. Six years ago he was making 50k so I am sure we got him for something in the 2 to 3 million range which makes total economic sense only in the world of KU football.

CONS- Well just read the FUCKING PRO'S
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

damn, dude

tell us how you really feel
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

hartjack makes some good points here and there, but the salary obsession is weird.
Deleted User 865

Post by Deleted User 865 »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:58 am damn, dude

tell us how you really feel
just read the FUCKING PRO'S
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

lol
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We gave Saban a call but he just got finished on the payments of his fourth Alabama lake house.
If not for that, he'd have taken the gig.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I was hoping for Monken, but honestly the more dynamic LL is a better fit. He looks the part and will chew ass and spit it out. I am going to turn myself in to him and the staff for horseplay.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:01 am hartjack makes some good points here and there, but the salary obsession is weird.
Salary comes into play when you are making bad hires. I think but I am not sure we were actually paying Saban money for HC due to us paying for Gill and Fat Boy Charlie to sit at home. Which of course led us to Beaty being the lowest paid coach in the power 5. I still do not understand us not paying Beaty off when we fired him. Thought it made us look really bad.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

hartjack8 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:38 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:01 am hartjack makes some good points here and there, but the salary obsession is weird.
Salary comes into play when you are making bad hires. I think but I am not sure we were actually paying Saban money for HC due to us paying for Gill and Fat Boy Charlie to sit at home. Which of course led us to Beaty being the lowest paid coach in the power 5. I still do not understand us not paying Beaty off when we fired him. Thought it made us look really bad.
But that has all been long paid off, Beaty got his raise to P5 level, and it almost all comes out of the pockets of people worth 9, even 10 figures. There are just such few scenarios where it should matter at all to fans.

The wait to pay Beaty off was all about not fucking up the basketball investigation. Bad optics sure, but sometimes that has to happen.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:46 am
hartjack8 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:38 am
But that has all been long paid off, Beaty got his raise to P5 level, and it almost all comes out of the pockets of people worth 9, even 10 figures. There are just such few scenarios where it should matter at all to fans.

The wait to pay Beaty off was all about not fucking up the basketball investigation. Bad optics sure, but sometimes that has to happen.
"There are just such few scenarios where it should matter at all to fans." How about the scenario where we hired Beaty cause he was willing to take the job for 800k. Are you telling me that we could have gotten a much better coach and paid a much higher salary but you actually thought Beaty was the best coach for us?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I firmly believe Beaty was as good as we could do at the time, whether we paid hi $10m or $150k. He was also very obviously promised and he negotiated a pay bump after the Weis check cleared that essentially constituted backpay. There was a lot of bitching about that raise when it happened, but it was scheduled.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:23 am I firmly believe Beaty was as good as we could do at the time, whether we paid hi $10m or $150k. He was also very obviously promised and he negotiated a pay bump after the Weis check cleared that essentially constituted backpay. There was a lot of bitching about that raise when it happened, but it was scheduled.
If your telling me that we got Beaty for 800k, while telling him when we pay off fat boy Charlie that we will give you more money that makes sense. If your telling me that under this salary scenario Beaty was as good as we could do that makes sense. If your telling me we could have paid $10m then the first two statements are null and void and make no sense.