Hanni and Gurley

Kansas Basketball.
jhawk73

Hanni and Gurley

Post by jhawk73 »

I can't stand those two. I know people here have ragged on them before, but I wanted to give them a fair chance. I've had it, though.

Hanni: "you can rock chalk it up..."
Both of them: interminable references to "the cup" when talking about the basket. Hanni started that last year and now Gurley does it to. Barf...
Hanni: his voice is nasally. After awhile listening to him talk gets to be like listening to someone dragging their fingernails across a chalkboard.
The two of them seem to feed off each other and reinforce the other's stupidity. Pretty soon they're going to have a whole repertoire of stupid expressions a la Dukie V.
"Anything from Missouri has a taint about it. ... We're from Kansas. Jayhawkers, and proud of it."
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Hanni and Gurley

Post by jhawks99 »

They're no Max and Bob. I remember people hating on Bob back in the day.

These guys don't bother me.
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Always loved Jerry Bailey and Max.
jhawk73

Post by jhawk73 »

I would love to have Bob Davis and Max Falkenstein back. These guys suck weiners
"Anything from Missouri has a taint about it. ... We're from Kansas. Jayhawkers, and proud of it."
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

They are local broadcasters, what do you expect?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Geezer wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:45 pm They are local broadcasters, what do you expect?
Uhhhhh... well, if not something like Bob and Max, then at least a good voice for a game (rather than a car commercial).
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Remember some of those KJHK guys? Heh. Gurley is at least talking basketball.
jhawk73

Post by jhawk73 »

I like Gary Dolphin and Bobby Hansen (Iowa Hawkeyes announcing team for basketball) a whole lot better. John Walters (Iowa State) is a lot better too. Hanni and Gurley are bozos, and not on a par with teams which, while in power conferences, are not even close to being comparable to us in basketball. David Lawrence OTOH adds some intelligence to the football broadcasts. Too bad he has so little that's any good to talk about. Maybe that will change someday...
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I like Gurley. Hanni. I don't know.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:39 pm They're no Max and Bob. I remember people hating on Bob back in the day.

I wanted Steven over Hanni. Sounds just like his dad. I’ve eased up on Hanni.
I am, I said.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Better than Vitale or Walton.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I watched some of that ND UCLA game last night. Towards the end Walton seemed like he was learning the rules of basketball for the first time.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

pdub wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:54 am I watched some of that ND UCLA game last night. Towards the end Walton seemed like he was learning the rules of basketball for the first time.
He was coming down.
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawk73

Post by jhawk73 »

They should've kept Chris Piper - he was a much better color guy than Gurley.

Agreed, Walton and Vitale are fools. Walton I think is high most of the time. His brain is fried. Vitale is, well, Vitale. He'll never change. At least he likes AFH but I just can't stand how no matter what game he's calling or what he's talking about, he can't go for more than 30 seconds without bringing up Duke
thekid6
Contributor

Post by thekid6 »

pdub wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:54 am I watched some of that ND UCLA game last night. Towards the end Walton seemed like he was learning the rules of basketball for the first time.
I did not count, but he had to ask who his partner was at least 3 or 4 times (Dave Pasch)!
Don't give up, don't ever give up. -Jimmy V
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I agree 73, these two are awful. Both have a face for radio and a voice for print.