COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 89

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 89 »

zsn wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:49 am Trad- maybe you had some coronavirus exposure before? My reaction was more after the second shot. No fever but felt really achy and cold. My wife had nausea in addition. Lasted about 36 hours; symptoms started about 15-18 h following the shot. Fortunately we got the shot on a Thursday evening. So the symptoms were from Friday afternoon to about Sunday morning.
that’s my inclination

the worst of it was day 3
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

pdub wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:57 am And now can feel safe/good about socializing without the mask.
every business but one that I entered this weekend had their "mask mandatory" signs on the front door. i will give them a week or so to react. after that, if they still require the mask, they go to the boycott list.

the ball is in their court.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

My state still hasn’t dropped the mandate so I get why the signs are all still up at every business.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

So, you're only doing bidness with one company?
Defense. Rebounds.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

pdub wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:11 am My state still hasn’t dropped the mandate so I get why the signs are all still up at every business.
the great state of Michigan has dropped the mask mandate.
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:03 am
pdub wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:57 am And now can feel safe/good about socializing without the mask.
every business but one that I entered this weekend had their "mask mandatory" signs on the front door. i will give them a week or so to react. after that, if they still require the mask, they go to the boycott list.

must be exhausting to be such a patriot
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if by following the cdc guidelines makes me a patriot, then color me a patriot.

i accept.
Deleted User 89

why do you hate non-government businesses and their rights?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i love all businesses.

but if i have a gas station on one corner, and they require the mask. and a different gas station on the other corner, and they do not require the mask.
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:31 am i love all businesses.

but if i have a gas station on one corner, and they require the mask. and a gas station on the other corner, and they do not require the mask.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

pdub wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:57 am Hate to break it to you lobs, but I lived.
And now can feel safe/good about socializing without the mask.
Glad you did. And I've felt safe/good about socializing without a mask for months.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 880

Post by Deleted User 880 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:03 am

In other words, you are saying that you would rather inconvenience yourself and go somewhere else than put a fricking mask on your face for a short period of time? Ok, that's your prerogative.
It's nice you have a choice to go somewhere else to get the same goods - mask free. Some people don't.
I have a bad feeling it's going to be a major cluster fuck for a lot of people for the near future in regards to where they can and can not go with or without a mask.
I'm not too surprised the CDC and our Government have fucked this up and stores have tough decisions to make based on what they feel they should and shouldn't require.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Freedom isn't free. Of personal responsibility.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I’m waiting for another surge. Walked to my local CVS to pick up a prescription when there was a break with the rain. The three bars/restaurants were packed. No masks. We will see.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if target requires a mask, and walmart does not, guess where i am shopping.

if the cdc and the great state of Michigan remove the mask mandate, which they both have, than there should be nothing for the businesses to consider.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

r/iamverybadass
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:09 pm if target requires a mask, and walmart does not, guess where i am shopping.

if the cdc and the great state of Michigan remove the mask mandate, which they both have, than there should be nothing for the businesses to consider.
Oh brother, where do we even begin on the rank hypocrisy!
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I wonder how MICH feels about “No shoes, No shirt, No service”. Or, dress requirements at certain establishments.

Cause, you know, fuck private businesses being allowed to establish their own rules.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i am a private citizen and i establish my own rules. my version of the "no shirt no shoes no service" is "the cdc and the great state of Michigan say no mask required. if you say mask required, i keep on driving."

works both ways.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Do NOT mess with this guy.