Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

UT and OU are gone. Officially announced by both schools.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:38 am UT and OU are gone. Officially announced by both schools.
thank god
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Good. Now lets get proactive and head to the Big 10. No sitting around... The Big 12 is DONE.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

By announcing they aren't renewing, is that going to get them out of the penalties if we try to move first before 2025?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:58 am By announcing they aren't renewing, is that going to get them out of the penalties if we try to move first before 2025?
It could. If Big 12 dissolves, nobody will pay exit fees. If it sticks around, anyone who leaves pays the fee. If you leave before 2025, and conference sticks around, penalties will be paid. If you leave before 2025, but so does everyone else, there is no one to be paid, so fees are likely non-existent.

KU has to have a partner to jump with to likely (edited to include this) avoid the fees.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Shitty shitty bangbang
Just Ledoux it
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Seth Greenberg (known KU hater) says the B1G won't touch KU, for now, because of the NCAA investigation.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

InfiniteJ wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:21 am Seth Greenberg (known KU hater) says the B1G won't touch KU, for now, because of the NCAA investigation.
Doesn't the NCAA have bigger things to worry about at this point? LOL

Fuck Greenberg. He's a tool.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

If the remaining big 4 conferences decide to get out of the NCAA and hold their own tourneys and bowls, then no one will give a shit about NCAA sanctions. At this point, sanctions against teams in those conference hurts the NCAA chances of surviving.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 863

Greenberg is a KU hater? Never got that impression watching him on TV.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Did you guys see the rumor that the SEC is trying to get tOSU and Meechigan from the B1G too to form a 20 team power conference? I mean, that's gotta be bullshit, right?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i remember when collegiate athletics was awesome. at least I will always have that.

no one under the age of 30 can say that.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

InfiniteJ wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:21 am Seth Greenberg (known KU hater) says the B1G won't touch KU, for now, because of the NCAA investigation.
Just wishful thinking by Greenberg. KU really gets his panties in a wad after the adidas trial.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

All this KU to the B1G means dick unless the Big XII dissolves; that exit fee might be somewhat affordable for UT/OU, but KU isn't paying that shit.
Deleted User 863

Is there any indication the big 10 is looking to expand?

Someone mentioned Notre Dame the other day. They'd be target #1 for the big 10 if expanding is in their plans, right? Let's hope we are number 2 on their list, but that may be wishful thinking due to our football program?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

InfiniteJ wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:42 am All this KU to the B1G means dick unless the Big XII dissolves; that exit fee might be somewhat affordable for UT/OU, but KU isn't paying that shit.
I doubt any school willingly pays that if there is a mass Big 12 exit.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:43 am Is there any indication the big 10 is looking to expand?

Someone mentioned Notre Dame the other day. They'd be target #1 for the big 10 if expanding is in their plans, right? Let's hope we are number 2 on their list, but that may be wishful thinking due to our football program?
None necessarily.

Think Notre Dame has a pretty good relationship with ACC, would imagine they will stick with that.

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

unfortunately, the most likely scenario is the remaining members of the BIG 12 merge with the pacific 10.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:48 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:43 am Is there any indication the big 10 is looking to expand?

None necessarily.

Think Notre Dame has a pretty good relationship with ACC, would imagine they will stick with that.
ND may also have legal obligations to ACC, IDK.

B1G expanding is just the logical thing to do after an SEC expansion.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »