Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 863

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:46 am why are you sure he’s a nice guy?
I assume most people are good.

...until they prove otherwise.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:47 am

Scheyer paid off the media to give him Mr. Basketball over Sherron. Hated him ever since.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:50 am

Scheyer paid off the media to give him Mr. Basketball over Sherron. Hated him ever since.
Really?

Or just a conspiracy theory?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:52 am

Really?

It's possible, but I made it up, and I dare JS to prove actual malice.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:54 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:52 am

Really?

It's possible, but I made it up, and I dare JS to prove actual malice.
🤣🤣🤣

Good enough for me. I don't need much reason to dislike Duke people nowadays.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:21 am
I won't predict that Scheyer and Davis will fail, but I stand by that the hires were outrageously shortsighted for those type of programs.
Can't prove it, but I feel like they were hired because they were replacing legends and nobody expects them to do what the previous coaches did. Give the Universities a few years to go after who they really want, and in the meantime if these guys workout then great. If not, they didn't promote/overpay a Billy Gillespie to be in over their head.
Deleted User 863

I think Roy and K handpicked their replacements long ago to make sure they took care of their people.

Hubert has being groomed for this for damn near a decade. It seemed like a forgone conclusion he was going to be roys replacement years ago (i just didn't think roy would retire yet and/or out of nowhere).

My thinking with K is a little more conspiracy theory-ish...K built Duke and he feels like it's "his" so he wanted to leave it to one of "his". And also, K has a squeaky clean image he's obsessed with and needs someone who knows how he's stayed out of trouble in the past when so many haven't been able to. I expect Scheyer will be the coach of Duke until K dies even if he isn't great. Duke brand and Nike will keep him stocked with good recruits and that is half the battle.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I can't ever remember seeing a post like this:

https://twitter.com/KUAthletics/status/ ... 51202?s=20
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

WTF.....you guys such basketball junkies...Lord this isn't about basketball
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:01 pm I can't ever remember seeing a post like this:

I love it. That’s a Goff influence there because Northwestern does that a lot with Chicago.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It says to me what we all suspected: KU does not want to stay in a new Big 12.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:01 pm I can't ever remember seeing a post like this:

they forgot to mention the tics and chiggers, poison ivy, and humidity
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I had heard about a push (University wide) for an increase in marketing around young KU grads staying or at least considering KC instead of the usual routes to Chicago, Denver or Texas. Easier said than done because if I was a metro KC kid who attended KU I would be wanting to get the hell out of this area. KC, is getting better but it still lacks the 'cool' factor that a Chicago, Denver or Dallas have. Now when you want to start having a family then metro KC and Lawrence check all the boxes and then some.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:57 pm I had heard about a push (University wide) for an increase in marketing around young KU grads staying or at least considering KC instead of the usual routes to Chicago, Denver or Texas. Easier said than done because if I was a metro KC kid who attended KU I would be wanting to get the hell out of this area. KC, is getting better but it still lacks the 'cool' factor that a Chicago, Denver or Dallas have. Now when you want to start having a family then metro KC and Lawrence check all the boxes and then some.
I think this is largely true, but don't think it has anything to do with KU Athletics tweeting that.

Or, if it does, it is a thinly veiled attempt at addressing the gigantic elephant sitting right over there.
Deleted User 89

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:57 pm I had heard about a push (University wide) for an increase in marketing around young KU grads staying or at least considering KC instead of the usual routes to Chicago, Denver or Texas. Easier said than done because if I was a metro KC kid who attended KU I would be wanting to get the hell out of this area. KC, is getting better but it still lacks the 'cool' factor that a Chicago, Denver or Dallas have. Now when you want to start having a family then metro KC and Lawrence check all the boxes and then some.
but those big cities aren’t for everyone

and while those that you mention may be “cooler”, i think most people go where the work and cost of living suits them, above anything else
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:11 pm

and while those that you mention may be “cooler”, i think most people go where the work and cost of living suits them, above anything else
The number of college students that I deal with who make long term life decision based on staying close to home blows my fucking mind. I guess you could choose where to live for worse reasons, but staying close to mom just never seemed like a good reason to not pursue a great job or opportunity somewhere.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:14 pm

The number of college students that I deal with who make long term life decision based on staying close to home blows my fucking mind. I guess you could choose where to live for worse reasons, but staying close to mom just never seemed like a good reason to not pursue a great job or opportunity somewhere.
that is a bit bizarre

i took a job at KU because it was a good job...it also just happened to be close to “home”
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I can understand that family is important to people, especially if they are starting a family soon. But also, how much greater are these opportunities anyway? The majority of everyone in the world dies pretty close to where they were born.
Deleted User 89

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:19 pm

I can understand that family is important to people, especially if they are starting a family soon. But also, how much greater are these opportunities anyway? The majority of everyone in the world dies pretty close to where they were born.
two years after leaving KU i make almost twice what i was making there, and with better benefits to boot

so, the benefits can be substantial

that said, i’ve definitely missed out on family things, particularly because of covid