Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by Deleted User 89 »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:48 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:24 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:22 pm

Hoping Notre Dame is #2.
dumb

not gonna happen for a variety of reasons...money being the biggest one
I've mentioned this before, fwiw (not much) ND already participates in the Big 10 - in hockey.
right...and they do have history with the conference beyond that

but they are contractually obligated to the ACC for all other sports but football until like 2036 or some shit and have a golden goose with NBC for football broadcasting
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

"The ACC made $455.7 million in 2018-19, down from a record $464.7 million the year before. The drop was due to the Orange Bowl hosting a College Football Playoff semifinal the year before. Notre Dame earned $7 million as a partial member, and its deal with NBC pays $15 million annually.

Off NBC and ACC TV revenue, Notre Dame made $22 million, while each ACC school earned an average of $29 million, according to an ESPN report. Notre Dame also earns $3.19 million from the College Football Playoff each year, no matter if it was selected or not."

ACC needs Notre Dame more than Notre Dame needs ACC.

Maybe big10 could make it more worth their while? Wouldn't mean Notre Dame has to end NBC deal.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:00 pm
NotGutterGutter wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:48 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:24 pm
dumb

not gonna happen for a variety of reasons...money being the biggest one
I've mentioned this before, fwiw (not much) ND already participates in the Big 10 - in hockey.
right...and they do have history with the conference beyond that

but they are contractually obligated to the ACC for all other sports but football until like 2036 or some shit and have a golden goose with NBC for football broadcasting
Dumbass me keeps forgetting that.
One of my sports cliches is - contracts are meant to be broken.
Besides, I'm not 100% convinced the ACC will exist in 5 years. Will be interesting to see how soon after the Big 12 disbands the Pac 10 (and ACC?) disappear too.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:50 am Percent chance for each conference for KU

B10 - 70%
ACC - 20%
Pac - 8%
B12 - 2%

The Kansas Jayhawks will be in a new conference soon. And all signs pointing to B10 and plenty of national guys seem to be on board with it. Basketball does matter and football is on track to improve.
B1G 80%
Pac 15%
ACC 3%
Big 12 2%
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:18 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:50 am Percent chance for each conference for KU

B10 - 70%
ACC - 20%
Pac - 8%
B12 - 2%

The Kansas Jayhawks will be in a new conference soon. And all signs pointing to B10 and plenty of national guys seem to be on board with it. Basketball does matter and football is on track to improve.
B1G 80%
Pac 15%
ACC 3%
Big 12 2%
I think we are all on board.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

https://twitter.com/mikelesliewfaa/stat ... 12358?s=21

Pretty funny but savage beat down on Texas
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Flight from Love in Dallas (10 minute drive from B12 HQ) to Lawrence that landed at 7 this morning. Either Bowlsby flew there as a last ditch effort, or KU footed a bill to fly him here and tell him in person that they are leaving.

Just a heavy coincidence this flight happened less than 12 hours after all the news broke yesterday.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

shindig

Post by shindig »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:11 am Flight from Love in Dallas (10 minute drive from B12 HQ) to Lawrence that landed at 7 this morning. Either Bowlsby flew there as a last ditch effort, or KU footed a bill to fly him here and tell him in person that they are leaving.

Just a heavy coincidence this flight happened less than 12 hours after all the news broke yesterday.
Interesting. I just want the B1G commissioner come out and say KU has been invited to join the B1G. Put all this to bed and move on to a bigger and better conference and never have to deal with Texass again.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I do think Self and Beard like each other too much that they’ll schedule something in the future. As long as KU is in a top conference.

shindig

Post by shindig »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:24 am I do think Self and Beard like each other too much that they’ll schedule something in the future. As long as KU is in a top conference.
Yeah, basketball I'm fine with, just not football.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

shindig wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:34 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:24 am I do think Self and Beard like each other too much that they’ll schedule something in the future. As long as KU is in a top conference.
Texas probably isn't going to waste a game on us anyway so no worries there imo.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i would not favor voluntarily scheduling tejass or okla in any sport. for a good decade or so.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:50 am i would not favor voluntarily scheduling tejass or okla in any sport. for a good decade or so.
Fair.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:55 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:50 am i would not favor voluntarily scheduling tejass or okla in any sport. for a good decade or so.
Fair.
Yes, but only if KU doesn't end up in a big conference. Wouldn't mind an OU matchup here and there.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:43 am
shindig wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:34 am
Texas probably isn't going to waste a game on us anyway so no worries there imo.
KU is actually an attractive opponent for SEC schools. It fulfills the P5 scheduling requirement but gives them another FCS caliber opponent.

We just aren’t on board with it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Meh.
If Texas and OU are the reasons the Big 12 collapses, fuck em.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Looking forward to B1G road trips. Great college towns. Definitely more so than the Big 12.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

pdub wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:02 am If Texas and OU are the reasons the Big 12 collapses, fuck em.
i think it is safe to say they are.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I would say the Big 12 leadership, and partly all of the schools, are responsible for the collapse for their inaction several years ago.

Yes we hated UT’s arrogance that they could almost single handedly break up the conference, but we knew they were kind of right.
HenrySwanson

Post by HenrySwanson »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:11 am Flight from Love in Dallas (10 minute drive from B12 HQ) to Lawrence that landed at 7 this morning. Either Bowlsby flew there as a last ditch effort, or KU footed a bill to fly him here and tell him in person that they are leaving.

Bowlsby might just be lobbying all the remaining schools in person. Come to think of it, if he wants this conference to continue as-is without OU/UT then the Remaining 8 would be a good name for it.