Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:03 am Looking forward to B1G road trips. Great college towns. Definitely more so than the Big 12.
Would love to visit Ann Arbor, Minneapolis, Columbus and Madison in October-ish range. Would be a lot of fun.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:08 am I would say the Big 12 leadership, and partly all of the schools, are responsible for the collapse for their inaction several years ago.

Yes we hated UT’s arrogance that they could almost single handedly break up the conference, but we knew they were kind of right.
Absolutely right. Just really surprising that OU is going along with them. That was the surprising thing from all of this.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:10 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:03 am Looking forward to B1G road trips. Great college towns. Definitely more so than the Big 12.
Would love to visit Ann Arbor, Minneapolis, Columbus and Madison in October-ish range. Would be a lot of fun.
That’s getting pretty close to winter! :)

Only time I’ve been in Madison was in early November—one of the coldest I’ve ever been. I do think it was unusual for that time of year, though.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Spent a week in Columbus for work. It is a shit city with shit fans.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I think it has a Skyline Chili outlet though. . . Like I said.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:11 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:08 am I would say the Big 12 leadership, and partly all of the schools, are responsible for the collapse for their inaction several years ago.

Yes we hated UT’s arrogance that they could almost single handedly break up the conference, but we knew they were kind of right.
Absolutely right. Just really surprising that OU is going along with them. That was the surprising thing from all of this.
KU needs to, and seemingly has, taken a lesson from OU: eat or be eaten.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Leawood wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:12 am Spent a week in Columbus for work. It is a shit city with shit fans.
I thought it was pretty great for Ohio (which isn’t saying much).

Oddly, the fashion industry has created a couple of nice areas around town. I think it is an Ohio version of Austin.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

A strong Big 12 is the best for KU, but the B1G does provide some good road games for pretty strong alumni bases near Minnesota and Northwestern. Something the Big 12 didn’t offer until TCU.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Leawood wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:12 am Spent a week in Columbus for work. It is a shit city with shit fans.
Really? I've been to Columbus a few times, years ago for work, and I thought it was a pretty nice city. But I didn't really get out of the downtown area.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:13 am

As uncomfortable as it is, we are really taking our cues from Mizzou. I don't like admitting it, but they come off as the smartest kid in the room on this stuff.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:30 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:13 am

As uncomfortable as it is, we are really taking our cues from Mizzou. I don't like admitting it, but they come off as the smartest kid in the room on this stuff.
I said this about 20 pages back. But Mizzou was out in front. And they are largely better off for it. Tough to say but it's true.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Eh, a little hindsight and assuming a few things, but I think the original Big 12 would have worked out just fine only losing A&M and adding 5 good schools starting with Arkansas.

I won't pat mizzou on the back for begging for a B1G invite because it was before things really started to crumble.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Mental gymnastics.

I just say fuck mizzou.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:39 am I just say fuck mizzou.
word. the slobbing miserys knob is making want to puke.

snowflakes.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The above three comments are the appropriate responses.
Maybe sans the 'snowflakes' deal.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

But some will be a once every four years opportunity....at best.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:04 am
Probably the shitty road trips only (Hi Penn State). Networks will love the potential basketball matchups.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:04 am
Oh yeah. 100%. But would still be fun. And I think a lot would like to visit Allen. Illinois hasn't ever been to Allen, or anytime recently, neither has like Minnesota, Wisconsin and others. Those will be hot tickets.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I think having Kansas in the B1G would be a huge help to the basketball in the B1G; Indiana especially. Cold and dangerous winters though.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Sparko wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:36 pm I think having Kansas in the B1G would be a huge help to the basketball in the B1G; Indiana especially. Cold and dangerous winters though.
Add any of Mizzou, Colorado, Iowa State and we could maybe get that B1G tournament to downtown KC once a decade.

That's a nice weekend that is likely to become an AAC tourney location should Iowa State and Kansas State go that direction.