COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
sdoyel

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by sdoyel »

randylahey wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:13 pm The rio grande valley along the border has been a covid hotspot and part of the reason places like texas, california, etc have higher covid rates. illegals get sick with covid then try to sneak in for health care. democrats love illegals more than they love american citizens cause all they see is more power from future voters and all they have to do is give them a handout to get their votes
At least they want to get vaccinated. 🤷‍♂️

https://twitter.com/heathercampbell/sta ... 75074?s=21
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Don’t understand the continued fear of Brown people voting. Just pass another law restricting the vote.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Leawood wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:04 pm Don’t understand the continued fear of Brown people voting. Just pass another law restricting the vote.
Sure you do. They aren’t Republicans.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

sdoyel wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:24 pm
randylahey wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:13 pm The rio grande valley along the border has been a covid hotspot and part of the reason places like texas, california, etc have higher covid rates. illegals get sick with covid then try to sneak in for health care. democrats love illegals more than they love american citizens cause all they see is more power from future voters and all they have to do is give them a handout to get their votes
At least they are smart enough to get vaccinated. 🤷‍♂️

https://twitter.com/heathercampbell/sta ... 75074?s=21
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

sdoyel wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:12 pm
Leawood wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:04 pm Don’t understand the continued fear of Brown people voting. Just pass another law restricting the vote.
Sure you do. They aren’t Republicans.
Yes. Forced birthing and White Supremacy is all that’s left in the Republican Party. Used to be greed, God, guns and gays but demographic changes have rendered many of those issues losers at the ballot box.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

You make up almost as much stupid shit as Lobster.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/02/us/p ... covid.html

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/covid- ... nts-border
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Close their border to Missouri.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSKwE8Npaga ... =copy_link

Nice try Bryson. That's not how it works. You can't spin it as an unselfish choice.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -CoV-2.pdf

from SAGE...the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies in the UK

(not peer reviewed)
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:09 am https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -CoV-2.pdf

from SAGE...the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies in the UK

(not peer reviewed)
Very interesting stuff.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

US to require visitors to be vaccinated. Good first step.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:36 am US to require visitors to be vaccinated. Good first step.
Yes. It's a step. But are they requiring recent vaccinations? Say 1yr or less? Because in a few months we are going to be approaching many people being vaccinated almost 1yr ago and the partial immunity diminishes over time.

I am also curious why it is not vaccination and negative test in last 48hrs? Why is it more acceptable for vaccinated individuals to spread the virus?

Is it easy to fake proof of vaccination? My only proof is a card i could replicate in 5min.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:36 am US to require visitors to be vaccinated. Good first step.
does that include our friends from the south that are flocking on a daily basis. or do they get a free pass.

they are not visiting. they are staying. my bad.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:44 am
Yes. It's a step. But are they requiring recent vaccinations? Say 1yr or less? Because in a few months we are going to be approaching many people being vaccinated almost 1yr ago and the partial immunity diminishes over time.

I am also curious why it is not vaccination and negative test in lasy 48hrs?
I haven't read the entire release (this is all very new), but remember that: 1. Almost all foreign visitors are currently banned, and there is no current timetable to change that, and 2. Anyone that can enter the country, citizens or non-citizens have to submit either antigen or PCR test taken within 72 hours of departure.

Vaccine passport is the way to open it back up to foreign visitors, when it happens.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

So to summarize.

Mich thinks the virus...errr fungus...is not a problem and we should stop talking about it.

Unless it's brought here by someone entering the country illegally. Then, and only then, is coronavirus a problem

for the folks.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:55 am So to summarize.

Mich thinks the virus...errr fungus...is not a problem and we should stop talking about it.

Unless it's brought here by someone entering the country illegally. Then, and only then, is coronavirus a problem

for the folks.
The distinction as it applies to public health has never made sense to me. As if a piece of paper stating citizenship, visa-holder, etc. can change a person's ability to contract, transmit, or die from COVID.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:00 am

for the folks.
The distinction as it applies to public health has never made sense to me. As if a piece of paper stating citizenship, visa-holder, etc. can change a person's ability to contract, transmit, or die from COVID.
Maybe his point is that it's more acceptable for a US citizen to spread the virus?

Similar to how some think it's more acceptable for vaccinated individuals to spread the virus.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:07 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:00 am

for the folks.
Maybe his point is that it's more acceptable for a US citizen to spread the virus?

Similar to how some think it's more acceptable for vaccinated individuals to spread the virus.
I will never try to understand what MICH ever means, but no, those two takes are not similar.