Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 89

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by Deleted User 89 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:49 pm Yes it does. There is no buyout penalty if Texas and OU wait until 2025. That is when the contract expires.

If we leave first, before 2025, and the big12 doesn't dissolve before, then all indicators are that there will absolutely be penalties. Someone shared a tweet stating just that earlier. You may have missed that while you were trying to speak for Qusdahl in other threads.
1) do you really think ou/ut are waiting? (nobody else does)

2) the Big 12 dissolving is the only thing that changes the buyout scenario should ANYONE leave early

go ahead, keep arguing...you’re obviously triggered
Arjhawk

Post by Arjhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:37 am Eh, a little hindsight and assuming a few things, but I think the original Big 12 would have worked out just fine only losing A&M and adding 5 good schools starting with Arkansas.

I won't pat mizzou on the back for begging for a B1G invite because it was before things really started to crumble.
Arkansas would and will not leave the SEC
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:38 pm I think what Vernon is trying to say, and of course assuming his "Hearings" are right, is that KU knows what it wants to do, it thinks it has a path there, but KU is weighing the timing issue because it doesn't have the luxury of announcing a 2025 move now and rolling the dice on the $80 mil. It doesn't sound to me like KU is going to let the money get in the way, but want to play it correctly to try and avoid paying it. That's why an "imminent" announcement is unlikely.
Yeah that is a lot of wish full thinking. Absolutely no one wants KU football. Sure keep talking about AAU and Basketball but if some one takes us just look at the deal we get.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Look I give it to you sunshine boys straight. Nobody wants KU Football. NOBOODY.

You want to pretend Basketball and AAU will get you there. COOL

But we have had ten years to better ourselves and we have achieved what?
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Look I get it you 100% basketball. You have no interest in football. But this about football
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Look its you're fault you have no clue what good football is and who is a good football coach. I get it your basketball geeks nerds dumbass, But still I get you did not hire these coaches but your support was in the way of our success .
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

I get it sunshine boys.

This is not about FOOTBALL

We had 10 years.

GOOD LUCK
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Look.
I am your father.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also does being in the Buttacream Gang restrict me from being in the Sunshine Boys?
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

hartjack8 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:14 pm Look I give it to you sunshine boys straight. Nobody wants KU Football. NOBOODY.

You want to pretend Basketball and AAU will get you there. COOL

But we have had ten years to better ourselves and we have achieved what?
Counterpoint: plenty of Big 10 teams would love to have KU football to give them another guaranteed win toward bowl eligibility every year.
shindig

Post by shindig »

So when's the big announcement?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

A few months away at least.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
shindig

Post by shindig »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:08 am A few months away at least.
I can't wait that long...lol.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

shindig wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:36 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:08 am A few months away at least.
I can't wait that long...lol.
Would it help to think of it as a sort of "KU-conference-membership-colonoscopy" being conducted by the AD?
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Deleted User 89

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:34 pm read a far-fetched, but interesting idea this morning

ACC and Pac12 merge to form the Coastal Super Conference, resulting in only 3 total power conferences
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

So, how did they try to explain scheduling? Are they only a super conference for sports that generate money and the other sports only compete against teams in their original conference?
Deleted User 89

nu_bronco wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:20 pm So, how did they try to explain scheduling? Are they only a super conference for sports that generate money and the other sports only compete against teams in their original conference?
https://www.thekeyplay.com/virginia-tec ... ealignment

...In my totally-not-realistic-but-wouldn't-it-be-cool dream, Phillips and the ACC brass upend college sports by creating the Coastal Conference™, a bi-coastal super conference that would include the entirety of the ACC, Pac-12, and at least two new teams to bring the Pac-12 up to 14 schools.
It would be college football's first super conference, run similarly to the AFC and NFC. Split the Coastal Conference™ into two divisions (the Atlantic and Pacific, duh) and have the two division winners meet at the end of the season to decide the champion.

Teams would play nine games against opponents in their division (read, a schedule exactly like they have now), two games against cross-division opponents (giving each of the schools more exposure on the opposite coast) and one non-conference game (preserving rivalries like Florida-Florida State, USC-Notre Dame, Georgia-Georgia Tech, etc).

It not only gives the 28 teams an opportunity to ask for a massive amount of money, but it also allows the Pac-12 to fold their woebegone network into the ACC Network and gives ESPN a borderline-monopoly on college football.

The conference also consolidates more traditional basketball powerhouses (Duke, say hi to UCLA!) and allows the Olympic sports to continue to play their standard conference schedule, with the option to have a few cross-country trips if budgets allow....

not at all saying i agree with what he’s putting down, just that it was an interesting idea

personally, i could see the Pac partnering with the B1G before it would merge with the ACC...heck, it might sooner “merge” with the Big12 before it would with the ACC
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

In other fan theories, I read a scenario of the B1G adding USC, Stanford, Washington, Oregon, KU and CU.

Talk about a massive TV deal.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Well, if we're finally just gonna freely spit-ball, then...we keep the remaining eight, and add the AFC West teams. If we have to go to 16 teams, then take the Cowboys (recruiting footprint), Eagles (Cowboy rival), BYU (they gotta start playing on Saturdays, tho') and maybe Colorado State.

Boom! SEC can suck it, and KU will still dominate in BBall.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"It would be college football's first super conference, run similarly to the AFC and NFC."

We arent pro sports, promise.

"It not only gives the 28 teams an opportunity to ask for a massive amount of money,"

Oh.