My god you're oblivious.
Deleted User 89

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 89 »

:lol:
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Someone needs to provide full quotes: Candidate Harris said that she would not take the vaccine if Trump told her to, but she would if the scientists did.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Leawood wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:52 pm Someone needs to provide full quotes: Candidate Harris said that she would not take the vaccine if Trump told her to, but she would if the scientists did.
Not what she said at all.

"Well, I think that's going to be an issue for all of us. I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump. And it would have to be a credible source of information that talks about the efficacy and the reliability of whatever he's talking about. I will not take his word for it. He wants us to inject bleach. I — no, I will not take his word."
Deleted User 89

i think Leawood was paraphrasing...he got the spirit of what she said correct, imo
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Leawood wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:52 pm Someone needs to provide full quotes: Candidate Harris said that she would not take the vaccine if Trump told her to, but she would if the scientists did.
Our media is really into full quotes and context. They'd never take partial quotes or leave out context to push an agenda or narrative. LoL
Deleted User 89

i seem to recall at least two posters here seemingly intentionally misrepresenting what the VP said
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Like you just did? Show me the video where she left out the scientist part.
Deleted User 89

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/05/politics ... index.html

...Asked by CNN's Dana Bash in a clip released Saturday whether she would get a vaccine that was approved and distributed before the election, Harris replied, "Well, I think that's going to be an issue for all of us."

"I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump and it would have to be a credible source of information that talks about the efficacy and the reliability of whatever he's talking about," she continued in the clip from an exclusive interview airing Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" at 9 a.m. ET. "I will not take his word for it."
When asked by Bash whether she thought that public health experts and scientists would get the last word on the efficacy of a vaccine, Harris predicted that they will not.

"If past is prologue that they will not, they'll be muzzled, they'll be suppressed, they will be sidelined," Harris said. "Because he's looking at an election coming up in less than 60 days and he's grasping to get whatever he can to pretend he has been a leader on this issue when he is not."...

and

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/sa ... -vp-debate

Sen. Kamala Harris said during Wednesday's vice presidential debate that she would take a COVID-19 vaccine only if medical professionals recommended it, not on President Donald Trump's word alone.

"If Dr. Fauci, the doctors, tell us that we should take it, I'll be the first in line to take it," Harris said. "But if Donald Trump tells us we should take it, I'm not going to take it."
Last edited by Deleted User 89 on Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 863

Leawood wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:05 pm Like you just did? Show me the video where she left out the scientist part.
I did it on purpose LOL

But if you can seriously sit with a straight face and say you don't think Trump being the president wouldn't have reduced people on the lefts confidence in the vaccine then we can happily agree to disagree.

Thankfully there isn't a single unvaccinated democrat so all good on that front. Now we just have to sit tight and let the GOP antivaxxers die off so we can post articles and celebrate the great cleansing of our society!
😘
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:14 pm https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/05/politics ... index.html

...Asked by CNN's Dana Bash in a clip released Saturday whether she would get a vaccine that was approved and distributed before the election, Harris replied, "Well, I think that's going to be an issue for all of us."

"I will say that I would not trust Donald Trump and it would have to be a credible source of information that talks about the efficacy and the reliability of whatever he's talking about," she continued in the clip from an exclusive interview airing Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" at 9 a.m. ET. "I will not take his word for it."
When asked by Bash whether she thought that public health experts and scientists would get the last word on the efficacy of a vaccine, Harris predicted that they will not.

"If past is prologue that they will not, they'll be muzzled, they'll be suppressed, they will be sidelined," Harris said. "Because he's looking at an election coming up in less than 60 days and he's grasping to get whatever he can to pretend he has been a leader on this issue when he is not."...
Boy, that sure sounds a whole LOT like politicizing the vaccine to me.

Those last few sentences may have proved my point.
Deleted User 89

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:40 pm Image
Deleted User 863

Not again... Trad is quoting himself LOL

He's worked himself into a lather!
Deleted User 89

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/scie ... fers-clues

...A pandemic is by definition a global crisis. Lifting some U.S. public health measures and interventions “gave people a sense that the panic was waning,” Piltch-Loeb says. That euphoria blinded many to the worldwide reality, which remains bleak.

“Until this [virus] is controlled or more limited globally, it’s not going away,” Piltch-Loeb says. That means declaring the pandemic’s “end” may be a distant goal, requiring different conditions depending on who’s asked.
Only two diseases in recorded history that affect humans or other animals have ever been eradicated: smallpox, a life-threatening disease for people that covers bodies in painful blisters, and rinderpest, a viral malady that infected and killed cattle. In both instances, intensive global vaccination campaigns brought new infections to a halt. The last confirmed case of rinderpest was detected in Kenya in 2001, while the last known smallpox case occurred in the U.K. in 1978.
As with the 1918 flu, it’s likely the SARS-CoV-2 virus will continue to mutate, and the human immune system would eventually adapt to fend it off without shots—but not before many people fell ill and died. “Developing immunity the hard way is not a solution that we should be aspiring to,” Omer says.
To date, though, just 28 percent of the world’s population has received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. And vaccine distribution remains wildly lopsided. The European Union has nearly three-fourths of its eligible population at least partially inoculated; the U.S. has vaccinated 68 percent of people 12 and older.

But other nations that have lost many people to COVID-19—including Indonesia, India, and many of the countries in Africa—are working at a much slower pace. That’s in part because Covax, the United-Nations-backed program to vaccinate the world, has struggled to acquire and deliver vaccines for the world’s poorest countries. This week, the WHO issued a plea for wealthy countries to donate vaccine doses to poorer nations before offering booster shots to their own populations.

Even in countries with sufficient supply, the pace of vaccinations is influenced by hesitancy and misinformation. In the U.S., the daily rate of new vaccinations has plateaued, slowing to an average of 615,000 injections a day, or an 82 percent decline from the peak of vaccine uptake on April 13. U.S. hospitals are filling up with patients as caseloads increase in unvaccinated areas.

With more opportunities to spread and mutate, the virus has developed new variants that are not only more contagious, but more evasive. Delta is the most contagious mutation detected so far. The variant was first detected in India, where it helped drive one of the world’s worst surges in April. More recently, Delta contributed to a dramatic outbreak in Indonesia; antibody data suggest that more than half the population in the capital city of Jakarta have been infected. Initial research also shows the Lambda variant may be resistant to some vaccines...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There's gonna be another partial lockdown isn't there.

I'm feeling what the media be hintin.

Can it wait til late September please? I got things planned.
Deleted User 89

i really don’t think so

even if there is an attempt, too many will fight it and make it moot

i also think that we know enough now to know that lock-downs do more harm than good
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

The local WalMart Supercenter in my hometown in Central MO closed for 2 days for “deep cleaning”. Many local restaurants are going back to take-out only.

Sad times.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

We probably shouldn't be having lollapaloozas and sports events with 20k people gathered. That's for sure.