Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
MICHHAWK

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by MICHHAWK »

whew! pac 12 is appealing option last for me.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:24 pm whew! pac 12 is appealing option last for me.
Really.... what conference you thinking there wizard???? Tell me your preferred conference. Just a guess you probably thinking stay in the Big 12 with like the other 4 teams that are left.

Look.....OK probably should not say that anymore but any conference that would take us in would be preferred right now. ANY CONFERENCE that is going to end up power 4 would be cool.

There are some schools that are going to suffer from this realignment it would be appealing if we are not one of them.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

So Girod is on the Big12 expansion committee with Iowa State, Baylor and Tech. And supposedly really interested in adding BYU. And BYU is reciprocating the interest.

Before everyone starts to freak, Missouri president or whatever was chairman of the Big12 expansion committee before they bolted for the SEC.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Have to look out for ourselves. In no way should we be signing on longterm with the likes of BYU and UCF.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:44 am Have to look out for ourselves. In no way should we be signing on longterm with the likes of BYU and UCF.
^^^^^
let the “conference” do what it wants, but continue working to find greener, more stable and profitable, pastures
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

IF we can't get into big 10 (and since i dont think PAC is a real possibility), adding BYU and UCF wouldn't be the worst thing ever for the big 12.

I unfortunately think there is a real chance the big 10 doesn't look to expand. Obviously we won't know until it happens since these talks always stay quiet. But we do need a plan for the big 12 to continue even though it'll not be 1 of the power 4 conferences.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I actually like adding schools like BYU. Try to get back some of the old Big 8/12 while we're at it. There are schools on the outside like UCF that can contend. Honestly, the Power 5 was Alabama, Clemson, LSU, tOSU and OU. Then a random invite. Marketing. Marketing. Countering ESPN.
Deleted User 89

if that ends up being the reality, it would seem fairly likely that eventually the broadcast revenue disparity would essentially relegate every institution not in the big four to a tier 2 status, which, i would imagine, would eventually even affect b-ball

that is the absolute worst case scenario imo
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Bill Self will NEVER coach in a conference with a directional school like Central Florida.
Deleted User 89

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... cusations/

...There is the uncertain possibility of Kansas basketball -- a top-five program -- playing in the AAC or Mountain West. That is possible because, even in its depressed state, Kansas football would bring 80% of the value to any conference contract. In other words, it's unlikely that basketball alone will carry Kansas through to another Power Five conference.

Even if the Big 12 continues at eight teams, its budgets will most likely be slashed because the league's worth has taken a hit. Will Iowa State be able to keep Matt Campbell? Will top-flight coaches in any sport be attracted to the Big 12? What will happen to the massive athletic debt services on some of these campuses?

Without the $37 million per school it gets from its media rights deal, will the Big 12 remain a Power Five conference? It may be four potentially agonizing years until the league knows as it waits for its current deal to run out.
The best news: There is "significant interest" in the Big 12 from other schools, according to Hocutt. The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal reported Friday "at least 15 schools" are interested in joining the Big 12...
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Everybody could see this coming: from forcing out a mean coach, to hiring a “God fearing” dyslexic coach that cut off companionship (in college) while letting players flunk out, to hiring a fatass who fell asleep at team meetings, to hiring a position coach from Houston at a bargain price because the previous two coaches cost $20 million for nothing, all of which was neatly wrapped in a bow by a shrimp AD who had the nerve to sit at the press table at basketball games while Rome was burning.

Combine that with Chancellors with an animus toward athletics to save the med school from medical scandles. BGL and Girod ruined football as much as that twerp AD.

So now they will ruin the signature flagship sport by asking a HOF basketball coach to represent the university against UCF or Colorado State.

Good job basketball-only fans. Soon Brett Ballard will bring his skills, or will it be CB McGrath?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Universities and colleges are going through a giant metamorphosis. Distance learning is here now. I will never diss a school that has a large enrollment in-person and a good fan base. The snottiness does not end well in the next act. Probably need to stop saying never and acting like any of us have any idea where this ends. I support the Jayhawks wherever they play.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I think CB McGrath will be a good coach at KU.

He will bring back the Roy Williams panache when KU plays in Fort Collins, CO
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Leawood wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:32 pm I think CB McGrath will be a good coach at KU.

He will bring back the Roy Williams panache when KU plays in Fort Collins, CO
Won't need CB. Already grooming Case.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Gosh. We might even lose to Northern Iowa in the big game.
Deleted User 89

maybe the Big 12 adds BYU, Cincy, USF and UCF, Houston, Memphis, Boise St. and SMU

Super 16

(lol)

save for ND, that’d give the league nearly all of the major religious schools, right? is Gonzaga considered religious anymore?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Mid major city
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:11 amMid major city
is Gonzaga viewed as a religious university up there?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:24 am
Typically yea, they have daily mass on campus. All of the people that I know that went there are very catholic.

They did piss some of the more hardcore catholics off when they apparently added an muslim prayer center on campus and hired a rabbi. But yes id say its predominantly considered a religious school.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:29 am
TraditionKU wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:24 am
Typically yea, they have daily mass on campus. All of the people that I know that went there are very catholic.

They did piss some of the more hardcore catholics off when they apparently added an muslim prayer center on campus and hired a rabbi. But yes id say its predominantly considered a religious school.
thanks

i thought they used to at least have a seminary (or maybe that’s how the whole school got started), but wasn’t sure what the current state was