Bill Walton

Kansas Basketball.
thekid6
Contributor

Bill Walton

Post by thekid6 »

I'm not sure this is worth a new thread, but this might be a good place to put all his stuff in a thread.

During tonight's Auburn/Arizona game, he has asked "Why are there 2 Carolinas, 2 Dakotas, 2 Virginias, but there are is 1 California?"
Don't give up, don't ever give up. -Jimmy V
zsn
Contributor

Re: Bill Walton

Post by zsn »

Walton is a jackass, but his question is a legitimate political question!
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Last edited by Mjl on Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:03 am Walton is a jackass, but his question is a legitimate political question!
break it up!
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Walton is commentating our game on Saturday.

Easily the best xmas gift I've ever received from ESPN.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Nice. And thank you.
I am, I said.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Take him over Vitale.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:27 am Take him over Vitale.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't mind Walton. He brings a different perspective on things. A break from the cliché stuff that Vitale and Frischilla bring on a gamely basis.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

For a game like this, I'll take him over Fran.
But i'd take Fran in a B12 game even though he hates Kansas because he knows about the players.
I don't know if Walton could name three players on our team even if he had our roster pulled up on his computer.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:33 am
pdub wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:27 am Take him over Vitale.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't mind Walton. He brings a different perspective on things. A break from the cliché stuff that Vitale and Frischilla bring on a gamely basis.
Everyone probably heard this b/c I believe it was during a broadcast of one of our games:

Bilas was telling a story of him talking to Bill. Bill asked: "Do you know Tom Izzo?" Jay said "Of course I know Tom Izzo, he recruited me." Bill said: "In what?!"
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Bill Walton is an annoying announcer. Worst in the game. Give me Fran and/or Vitale any day of the week over him.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Since this is a poll, DickieV over Walton. Fran over both.
Deleted User 75

I have never fully understood the Fran dislike. I do to an extent, but I think part of it is being overly sensitive. He's never made me feel like he's "anti-KU", just not as "pro-KU" as some (or as pro-KU as he used to seem before his kid went to a big 12 pho).
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:47 am I have never fully understood the Fran dislike. I do to an extent, but I think part of it is being overly sensitive. He's never made me feel like he's "anti-KU", just not as "pro-KU" as some (or as pro-KU as he used to seem before his kid went to a big 12 pho).
Fran is a small man who coached at a small school and lives up to the stereotypes of both. His take on the games he calls is just filtered through two large chips on his shoulders is all.

Most of the time he is fine. He just gets a bit overdone whining about how big schools get preferences from refs etc...

And he talks about Iowa State too much during KU games because he knows their fans watch our games and loves how much their passionate fans kiss his ass both online and in person.

But I would still take Fran over Walton. We get it, you do a lot of drugs.
Deleted User 75

At least Iowa state is in the big 12. Walton will just talk about UCLA and the conference of Champions (whatever the fuck that means)....while not even knowing which teams are in the big 12. Because he's so fried and doesn't even care enough to study up so he can do his job well.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I've muted the TV when Vitale is on.
I haven't for Walton yet.
He's more useless than annoying to me.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:19 am At least Iowa state is in the big 12. Walton will just talk about UCLA and the conference of Champions (whatever the fuck that means)....while not even knowing which teams are in the big 12. Because he's so fried and doesn't even care enough to study up so he can do his job well.
Stanford added their 116th, 117th and 118th National Championships in the year 2018.

Great conference. And Walton is a great spokesman for the conference and amazing human being.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Where else can I watch basketball and get Grateful Dead stories?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

Full disclosure: I enjoy Walton when it's NOT a KU game.
colbond

Post by colbond »

The best christmas gift ESPN could give me is the ability to mute the commentary and just play crowd/arena noise. I've heard you can set audio up for surround and unplug the center channel to do this.