COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by pdub »

Question about visiting teams to Golden State. Do all of them need to be vaccinated before entering the arena? And if not, what precautions do they have to fulfill in order to do so? And if there are precautions why wouldn’t they be the same for all nba athletes playing in the arena?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:41 pm Question about visiting teams to Golden State. Do all of them need to be vaccinated before entering the arena? And if not, what precautions do they have to fulfill in order to do so? And if there are precautions why wouldn’t they be the same for all nba athletes playing in the arena?
Iirc it is the county the arena is located in that has the rule that Wiggins wouldn't be able to play. I assume that goes for residents and visitors. I don't think it's a GS Warriors rule that is causing the issue.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

but I think the question was regarding opposing teams.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TDub wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:43 pm but I think the question was regarding opposing teams.
Unvaccinated opposing players can't play at GS, the Nets, or the Knicks arenas from what I have read.

Sounds like Wiggins and Kyrie are the issues out of those 3 teams. The knicks are apparently 100% vaccinated already.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

Let's review.....
Two very busy airports, two flights, HS Football game, music festival with 10,000 people, TWO concerts with 40,000 people, packed modes of public transportation, crowded restaurants, etc., etc., etc.

I just tested negative - Rapid Antigen and SARS-CoV-2 PCR.

As I keep reminding people, if I get the fungus (whatever "variant") it can be because I was exposed to someone in an elevator or an Uber driver or someone some way that may not be from my attending a "super spreader" event. Yes, I understand it's a numbers game and it's better for me not to attend an event that to attend one if I want to stay virus free but......
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:20 am Let's review.....
Two very busy airports, two flights, HS Football game, music festival with 10,000 people, TWO concerts with 40,000 people, packed modes of public transportation, crowded restaurants, etc., etc., etc.

As I keep reminding people, if I get the fungus (whatever "variant") it can be because I was exposed to someone in an elevator or an Uber driver or someone some way that may not be from my attending a "super spreader" event. Yes, I understand it's a numbers game and it's better for me not to attend an event that to attend one if I want to stay virus free but......
Thank God you stayed away from work so you could do all those things. You’d have gotten it for sure at the office.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Good grief, and you have been complaining about people in your apartment building and workplace?!?
Deleted User 887

The not so funny thing is that I know I come off as being a hypocrite but I think JK and 2coach aren't comprehending that my bitching about my office and apartment building is/was about people who have blatant disregard/s for the "rules" that are in place to keep THEM safe as well as OTHERS safe.
I have and have had a choice to travel and attend the events I attended and was willing to take the assumed risks to "play". That's 100% on me but when others don't follow "rules" for "necessities" such as work and home (places I have to be if I want a paycheck and a home to live in), that's on them - and me.
I am fully vaccinated (no booster yet), I follow and abide by "rules", I stayed away from my mother for about 10 days before I tested negative, etc., etc., etc.
Other people simply don't do those things and don't give a shit how it affects them and more importantly - others. Not just in places people choose to go to for fun - but in the places they work and live. That's what I have been bitching about guys.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

how many people did you come across on your travels that don't like to play by the "rules"? probably more than are at your work - it's a numbers game....
Just Ledoux it
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I know it is anecdotal, but we have lost folks at where I work because of vaccination/mask requirements. I also had a medical issue recently where I was stuck in a bed in a hallway in the ER Department because there were no available beds upstairs because of Covid. I didn't get where I needed until 3:30 a.m. Thus, I am sensitive to Gutter's viewpoint. Plus, in my building, because of the health issues of the elderly, we get fined (added to our HOA dues) if we go unmasked in common areas.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

id be more sensitive to gutters issue if he wasn't traveling to LA immediately following his complaint about work.

What do you think is higher risk?

A. Going to work in an office.
B. Sitting in the student section of a packed football stadium?

At least at work its a limited number of people and you probably have an idea who the offenders might be.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 887

TDub and Leawood -
Leawood - I'm sorry to hear you had a medical issue! I hope you are ok!
TDub - It's absolutely a numbers game and I probably should have lost the game based on the numbers. I'm grateful I didn't/haven't - yet.
One of the differences is the people I work with are paid to be in the same situation as me. They could conceivably lose their jobs by not abiding by the "rules". There could be a major repercussion for their action/s besides health issues.
I completely understand and agree that at work it's easier to monitor the offenders and the number is probably much lower than what I was exposed to the last couple of weeks. Again, my issue is with those who choose to not give a damn about rules and because of it, it can (and often does) affect their co-workers (as well as clients, fund managers, vendors, etc.) - which are inevitably people that help them make a living.
Hey, I don't expect people to feel the same way agree with me and my feelings - but I'm more than willing to explain them and how and why they affect me. Right or wrong.

P.S. To answer your question.....
What do you think is higher risk?
A. Going to work in an office.
B. Sitting in the student section of a packed football stadium?

In my case yesterday, I can't definitively answer that. Normally without giving it much thought I would probably answer B (by a lot) but....
I was OUTSIDE. Purposely in an aisle seat. When I was in my seat was I truly never closer to anyone than I would be if I was INSIDE my office in a conference room sitting at a table with other people.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Do the folks in your conference room occassionally scream at the top of thier lungs while turning to each other for a high 5?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

thats my type of conference room
Just Ledoux it
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:50 am

Good grief, and you have been complaining about people in your apartment building and workplace?!?
Exactly! And demanding that he be excused from work because of fear of contracting COVID there. It is so ridiculous that you’d think it was an urban legend if he didn’t cone out and admit it himself.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Did someone hijack Gutter's account?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TDub wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:45 am id be more sensitive to gutters issue if he wasn't traveling to LA immediately following his complaint about work.
I have no patience for that crap. As someone who has had coworkers doing this for the past two years, I'm fed up. People who demand that they be allowed to work remotely because of the danger of catching COVID and then turn around and fly all over the place and go to large gatherings drive me nuts. Those of us who are pulling their weight are sick of it.
Last edited by JKLivin on Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 887

Overlander wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:39 am Do the folks in your conference room occassionally scream at the top of thier lungs while turning to each other for a high 5?
Yes