Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by Deleted User 863 »

https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/09/ ... ary-video/

“Back is definitely against the wall, but I’m just going to keep fighting for what I believe,” Wiggins said. “I’m going to keep fighting for what I believe is right. What’s right to one person isn’t right to the other and vice versa.”

“It’s none of your business, that’s what it comes down to,” Wiggins said in response to what his beliefs entail.

“I don’t ask you guys about your beliefs. I don’t ask you guys what you think is right or wrong. We’re different people. It’d be like parenting. Some people shed their beliefs onto their children. Some people let their children grow up and believe what they want to believe. Who are you guys where I have to explain what I believe or what’s right or what’s wrong?”

Wiggins stands to lose more than $350,000 per game, and if he doesn’t play in any home games he would surrender half of his $31.6 million salary. He said, “It’s my problem not yours.”
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:16 pm“I don’t ask you guys about your beliefs. I don’t ask you guys what you think is right or wrong. We’re different people. It’d be like parenting. Some people shed their beliefs onto their children. Some people let their children grow up and believe what they want to believe. Who are you guys where I have to explain what I believe or what’s right or what’s wrong?”
Eat a dick Wiggs. You play basketball for millions of dollars.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:16 pm https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/09/ ... ary-video/

“Back is definitely against the wall, but I’m just going to keep fighting for what I believe,” Wiggins said. “I’m going to keep fighting for what I believe is right. What’s right to one person isn’t right to the other and vice versa.”

“It’s none of your business, that’s what it comes down to,” Wiggins said in response to what his beliefs entail.

“I don’t ask you guys about your beliefs. I don’t ask you guys what you think is right or wrong. We’re different people. It’d be like parenting. Some people shed their beliefs onto their children. Some people let their children grow up and believe what they want to believe. Who are you guys where I have to explain what I believe or what’s right or what’s wrong?”

Wiggins stands to lose more than $350,000 per game, and if he doesn’t play in any home games he would surrender half of his $31.6 million salary. He said, “It’s my problem not yours.”
I wonder if Wiggins said all that directly to Peter Guber and the other investors.
I actually sympathize with Wiggins but I feel the last thing he should be doing is alienating himself from the media, the fans, and possibly his teammates.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Why do you sympathize with Wiggins, Gutter? Is this a Gutter thing?
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Trying to think of some joke about how maybe this isn’t the first time a team told Wiggins to work on getting a shot
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:24 pm Trying to think of some joke about how maybe this isn’t the first time a team told Wiggins to work on getting a shot
39% from 3 last year iirc.
Deleted User 887

hasbeen wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:13 pm Why do you sympathize with Wiggins, Gutter? Is this a Gutter thing?
I'm someone who is completely torn regarding financial repercussions being put on athletes because they won't get vaccinated. I think/feel it hurts their team and employer so that's obviously a negative but I don't know his exact reason/s why he doesn't want to get vaccinated. He very well may have extremely valid (at least to him) reason/s. If so, I feel it sucks that he loses part of his paycheck because of it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

few days ago now, but apparently Tarik Black signed a deal with the nuggs
Deleted User 887

So why all the fucking drama - from a guy who was the #1 pick and has never played in an All-Star game?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUk9aElrTmj/?
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

J&J?
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

sdoyel wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:45 pmJ&J?
Yes that's what Kerr hinted at in the article i read about it.
Deleted User 887

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I hate those three wheeled motorcycles.
Deleted User 887

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:42 am I hate those three wheeled motorcycles.
I hate that it seems the requirement to ride/drive one is to play music WAY too loud because you know, the vehicle itself doesn't draw enough attention to yourself.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Pay attention to me.
Deleted User 887

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:25 am Pay attention to me.
You got my attention!

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:30 pm
hasbeen wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:13 pm Why do you sympathize with Wiggins, Gutter? Is this a Gutter thing?
I'm someone who is completely torn regarding financial repercussions being put on athletes because they won't get vaccinated. I think/feel it hurts their team and employer so that's obviously a negative but I don't know his exact reason/s why he doesn't want to get vaccinated. He very well may have extremely valid (at least to him) reason/s. If so, I feel it sucks that he loses part of his paycheck because of it.
Do you have a problem with your coworkers being fired or facing financial repercussions if they are not following vaccine requirements in your state, city or company? You seemed to be pretty clear about how you felt about that and that seems to conflict with this. If you feel differently, why? Because they are young? Black? Former KU players?
Deleted User 887

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:30 am
NotGutterGutter wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:30 pm
Do you have a problem with your coworkers being fired or facing financial repercussions if they are not following vaccine requirements in your state, city or company? You seemed to be pretty clear about how you felt about that and that seems to conflict with this. If you feel differently, why? Because they are young? Black? Former KU players?
Only thing I might have a problem with is you possibly not realizing the differences between my company and our policies and the NBA and their's. But guess what? I DON'T have a problem with it.

Answer to your first question is... It's not for me to decide what the company should do to punish employees who don't follow rules and guidelines - other than I feel they should be reprimanded and told not to return to the office until they will fully abide by the rules and guidelines.

Let me clarify for you.
My company -
IF you choose to come in to the office you are required to wear a mask when not alone at your desk and/or in your office.
IF you choose to come in to the office you are required to be fully vaccinated.
IF you choose to come in to the office you must notify our "pandemic team" (HR) that you are coming in to the office and proceed to answer the 4 questions on "Clear Pass".
IF you chose NOT to come in to the office and you choose to work from home - great! ZERO repercussions for doing as such.
reubenc

Post by reubenc »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:22 am
pdub wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:42 am I hate those three wheeled motorcycles.
I hate that it seems the requirement to ride/drive one is to play music WAY too loud because you know, the vehicle itself doesn't draw enough attention to yourself.
My feelings towards them became conflicted when I found out that Elvis had one. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame had it for a while.
Deleted User 863