Jayhawks making $$$

Kansas Basketball.
Cascadia

Re: Jayhawks making $$$

Post by Cascadia »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:07 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:03 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:35 pm

There are dealerships that sell fancy cars in Kansas City too.

I'd guess NIL had nothing to with him not choosing Kansas.
We fancy.

https://twitter.com/mctait/status/14537 ... 49409?s=20
You know the corruption has overrun the sport when our leading scorer is getting free damn Toyota Camrys (Camries?) all over the damn place.

It’s hard to describe just how little of a shit I care about this. Has 0 effect on my life and doesn’t make me like KU or NCAA basketball any less. Probably like it a little more now.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:15 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:07 am
You know the corruption has overrun the sport when our leading scorer is getting free damn Toyota Camrys (Camries?) all over the damn place.

It’s hard to describe just how little of a shit I care about this. Has 0 effect on my life and doesn’t make me like KU or NCAA basketball any less. Probably like it a little more now.
The Camry part is just so great.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Kentucky's new PG got a Porsche and KU's got a Camry. I am sure we won't hear about that at all in recruiting battles...
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:27 pm Kentucky's new PG got a Porsche and KU's got a Camry. I am sure we won't hear about that at all in recruiting battles...
Why did I instantly think the same thing. TyTy got a Cayenne and Remy got a Camry. Remy, could care less but the optics of this all look sad when the former failed head of WEF Matt Beaty brokered the whole deal. This wouldn’t have looked so bad if one of our biggest rivals, Kentucky didn’t announce TyTy’s deal with a Porsche.
Oh well. Gotta start some where.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

baller lol

seriously though, if you aren’t gonna pimp the kid out why not go with a stripped down corolla...hand-crank windows and everything?

(do they even make hand-crank windows anymore?)

they shoulda given him a new 4Runner
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Red velvet cake.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:07 pm Red velvet cake.
that shit was so absurd
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

What is funny about this--Remy is a walking advertisement for cognac. I would demand my 1738!!! And a Eurocruiser.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:27 pm Kentucky's new PG got a Porsche and KU's got a Camry. I am sure we won't hear about that at all in recruiting battles...
KU players got better cars before they could sign NIL deals.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

ND sounding very much like timmy there. Shhh.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:49 pm
Why did I instantly think the same thing. TyTy got a Cayenne and Remy got a Camry. Remy, could care less but the optics of this all look sad when the former failed head of WEF Matt Beaty brokered the whole deal. This wouldn’t have looked so bad if one of our biggest rivals, Kentucky didn’t announce TyTy’s deal with a Porsche.
Oh well. Gotta start some where.
I thought the same thing. Personally, I would drive the Camry. But for want to be NBA players, I am sure 99% want something other than a Camry.

Someone else mentioned it would be sold to Hertz in May. I agree. This is just the dealership loaning the player a car they would have been leasing. Then get rid of it. Heck best cause scenario is Remy is really good and they then try to sale it to someone telling them that Remy drove it and the person gets some autographed stuff when they buy the car.

Also, like someone else mention, this doesn't bother/impact my life.

What I think would be wanting as a player for a NIL deal is unlimited Uber rides so I don't have to worry about the expenses of a car or crashes or DUI.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Laird Noller or the other Dodge dealer in town couldn't step up and at least get Remy a Charger, aka the de-facto college athlete vehicle of choice. A Camry. What is Remy concerned about driver side crash ratings and gas mileage.
Holidaysmore - 2005
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

A charger?

They’re still trying to touch up the paint on it from that time they lent it to Billy Preston
Deleted User 89

if your gonna go muscle, i’d personally go camaro over charger

hell, why not a new electric ‘stang?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It’s a bummer DMac and Jalen are more so below the rim players.

Cuz there’s some good “Wendy’s” trash talk that would come with the ability to teabag defenses.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The obvious connection here is when DMac ( Dave ) gets a double or triple double.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Jalen Wilson plays below the net.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

6th and Kasold Wendy's was at least a couple Sundays a month trip for hangover cure.

You're welcome Dave and Jalen.