Cascadia

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Cascadia »

No fucks given to the willfully unvaccinated
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:15 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:07 pm this thing has brought out the worst in everyone
i disagree. almost all the real folks are good folks.

it's the interwebz whackjobs leading the charge of the worst. they aren't real. so they don't count.
Agreed. The trolls who encouraged this woman not to be vaccinated and convinced her that the virus was not that serious are the worst.

The fact that she has a life threatening fever is not funny it's tragic and was 99% avoidable.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:39 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:15 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:07 pm this thing has brought out the worst in everyone
i disagree. almost all the real folks are good folks.

it's the interwebz whackjobs leading the charge of the worst. they aren't real. so they don't count.
Agreed. The trolls who encouraged this woman not to be vaccinated and convinced her that the virus was not that serious are the worst.

The fact that she has a life threatening fever is not funny it's tragic and was 99% avoidable.
Agreed. I happen to have run into to her last year when we went into the office to clean out our desks and to take home any computer equipment we wanted to have to use at home. I was lamenting how weary I was from being cooped up at home and how I missed visiting my family and going our with friends. Her response was "my husband and I haven't done a single thing differently than before covid. We still get together with our friends every Thursday night and still go out like we always have done. I think this whole thing is just a bunch of BS to try to get rid of Trump because he bothers some people."

Like I said, I hope she is OK. She is, outside of her foolish take on this virus, an intelligent person and a valuable part of our team. She drives me crazy with her overbearing pestering on items that shouldn't be worried about but on the whole, she helps our team perform better. She is also a daughter, sister, wife and mother who seems to have a good relationship with her family. I would hate for anything bad to happen to her because she didn't feel like missing out on her Thursday night drinking group.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

The woman in question should have all the palliative care she needs.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

“...outside of her foolish take on this virus, an intelligent person...”

amazing how frequently this seems to be the case
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

“…..other than thinking that the Earth is flat and the Sun revolves around it, (s)he is an intelligent person”
Deleted User 89

https://nautil.us/issue/108/change/how- ... head-of-us

...Ed Feil, a professor at the University of Bath, studies the evolution of pathogens and recently analyzed the coronavirus’s mutation rate. “SARS-CoV-2 has experienced roughly the same amount of mutational evolutionary change during the pandemic (proportional to genome size), as humans have since Homo habilis first walked the Earth about 2.5 million years ago,”...
As a science journalist entrenched in daily COVID-19 news, I’ve recently noticed some public health officials forecasting Delta as the last major wave of the pandemic. They tend to qualify their remarks with something akin to “assuming nothing else happens.” We can’t assume that.

SARS-CoV-2 has already morphed to be 40 to 60 percent more transmissible than the Alpha strain, which was already 50 percent more contagious than the original strain, evolving into what some epidemiologists are calling the most infectious disease of our lifetime. The viruses that cause measles and chickenpox transmit slightly more easily than Delta, yet Delta has a faster cycle time, so it whips from one person to another in four days, as opposed at least 10 to 14 days for the other viruses.

The question of whether anything else happens in the evolution of this virus is moot. It will. As long as there are vulnerable populations that can be infected, the virus will transmit, replicate, and mutate, evolving as it spreads. Evolution by natural selection is a law of biology in the same way that gravity is a law of physics; it is a literal force of nature. Continued spread of this virus will lead to further mutation, new variants, more deaths, and an ongoing pandemic.

It’s not that humans aren’t attempting to manage the evolution of this virus. We are. Every day, vaccine makers, researchers, and governments are tracking viral changes, identifying and containing new variants, and attempting to slow the spread. Our species has undertaken the largest vaccination campaign in history, inoculating 3.9 billion people with at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine within two years of the initial outbreak.

Yet we’ve been unable to contain this pathogen. SARS-CoV-2, an epitome of evolution by natural selection, is an extraordinary opponent. As humans have countless times before and will again, we underestimate the power of nature at our peril...
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Lulz, people so dumb
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“In the crosshairs of the woke mob”

And getting his medical advice from Joe Rogan

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV4nsnVrERx ... =copy_link
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

He also blamed reporters at the news conference where Rodgers said he was "immunized." Rodgers said if any reporter asked a follow-up question, Rodgers would have explained he's "not an anti-vax flat earther," but that he's a "critical thinker."
I like the part about him being a "critical thinker". Was he wearing his critical thinking hat when he said he was "immunized"? The most important part is that he is obviously being intellectually honest when blaming everyone else and the media and the dreaded, woke mob. They sound worse than a Chris Jones sack.

Then again, maybe the most important part is that we won't be playing Sunday.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 89

getting my booster Sunday and the missus is getting hers tomorrow

i’m mix-and-matching, so will be extra magnetic with twice the processing power
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Apparently up to 80% of deer in Iowa have covid
Deleted User 89

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:30 pm Apparently up to 80% of deer in Iowa have covid
not sure as to the accuracy, but heard that snow leopards in zoos that have contracted it have an 80% mortality rate

i know the lions at the zoo here in SLC tested positive, but not sure about any others
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:26 pm getting my booster Sunday and the missus is getting hers tomorrow

i’m mix-and-matching, so will be extra magnetic with twice the processing power
Got mine over lunch today. My 8 year old and my wife will be next week.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

How long is the recommended wait for the booster? I got my 2nd dose May 2nd...

Our 5yo goes in for his first shot on the 14th.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 89

sdoyel wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:27 pm How long is the recommended wait for the booster? I got my 2nd dose May 2nd...

Our 5yo goes in for his first shot on the 14th.
i think it’s at least 6 mo. since dose 2

edit: per CDC it’s 6 mo. for pfizer/moderna and 2 mo. for J&J
Deleted User 89

Embattled Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers confirmed on Friday he's unvaccinated, claiming he's allergic to Covid-19 vaccines, has taken ivermectin and accused the "woke mob" of allegedly trying to "cancel" him.

:lol:

fucking idiot...how does he know he’s allergic to something if he’s never taken it?

this is straight gold

He invoked the memory of Martin Luther King, claiming the slain civil rights leader would have agreed that he had a "moral obligation to object to unjust rules and rules that make no sense."