Chiefs 2021

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Chiefs 2021

Post by Sparko »

Mahomes creating out of the pocket is the way to get the offense running. Defenses are going all in disrupting timing patterns and playing way back. Escaping the pocket allows the receiver to get beyond the traps in the secondary. The last play to Hill was classic Mahomes. Packers defense played well otherwise.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

KU76erfan wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:32 pm Anyone take the bet that Jordan Love would pass for more yards than Mahomes?
Not with Sorenson in coverage.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If we go 1-1 before the bye, I like our chances at getting to the playoffs.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mahommie hitting Hill on the run was pretty clutch. I was wrong in my pregame prediction.
I envisioned GB running all over our D and the fans responding with let's go brandon.

Really happy to be wrong.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Having Jones at DT the majority of the time helps a lot. But without the threat of Rodgers, the KC defense really was able to pack the box and stuff their runs. A really well played game by the KC defense outside of that Sorensin play and a few whiffed tackles here and there.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Green Bay was everywhere on defense. Played the short routes very well. Hardman dropped a key pass, but made some amends later. I thought Reid was way too predictable for much of the game. Some things to work on. And keeping Sorenson out of coverage.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I don't get it. Pure insanity. Why in the world this staff continues to parade out Sorenson in man coverage in any where on the field much less in the most difficult spot on the field...the slot. The Chiefs are lucky that didn't cost them the game.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Teams have figured out the scheme to stop Mahomes.
Cover 2, don't send anyone.
thebones

Post by thebones »

Watching snf game. Anyone notice the water boy who's job it is to squirt water from a bottle into player's mouths. Through the face guard?

Not one of these players seem to ever provide a thank you or a head nod of appreciation for the squirter.

This bothers me. Anyone else ?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:58 am On that note, Josh Gordon anyone?
I dont see him being a factor.
If hes any good, he would have made an impact already.
He had zero catches yesterday.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

thebones wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:33 pm Watching snf game. Anyone notice the water boy who's job it is to squirt water from a bottle into player's mouths. Through the face guard?

Not one of these players seem to ever provide a thank you or a head nod of appreciation for the squirter.

I didn't notice, but yeah, that would bother me.
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Anyone else notice Love's family stuck up in the nose bleeds? Seemed a little disrespectful
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:40 am
thebones wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:33 pm Watching snf game. Anyone notice the water boy who's job it is to squirt water from a bottle into player's mouths. Through the face guard?

I didn't notice, but yeah, that would bother me.

I'm someone who makes a point of saying please and thank you, so while I don't forgive the players per se, I know approximately how much the "water boys" get paid, the perks they get, and what SOME of the players do for them off the field - so it bothers me a lot less knowing those things.

Back to the Chiefs.
Can anyone name three teams in the AFC that you truly feel are better than them?
After yesterday, I can't. If I had to pick two, I would probably choose Baltimore and Tennessee but I don't feel either of those two teams are decisively better either.
Chiefs may not be "fine" but whatever they are, it just might be good enough to get to another AFC Championship.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think you forgot ( well, we know you didn't, but i'm playing along ) Buffalo who walked into Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs by 18.

Yes, I know Buffalo dropped to Jacksonville.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:18 am
pdub wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:58 am On that note, Josh Gordon anyone?
I dont see him being a factor.
If hes any good, he would have made an impact already.
He had zero catches yesterday.
He dropped his only target and barely played after that. I was saying during the game yesterday that the first place KC should shake things up this offseason is at WR. Keep Hill and Pringle, dump everyone else. No more Hardman, no more Robinson, Gordon is gone, and Marcus Kemp can leave as well, don't care good of a special teamer he is. Of course then you're going to have both sign someone and draft someone. See what they think they have about the Powell kid they drafted this year then stashed on the practice squad. Also, the receivers they need to target need to be bigger, possession receiver guys. No more slot receivers for now, thanks.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd see what Tim Patrick from the Broncos would want in the offseason.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I’m over Mecole. The ‘Jet’ has been more like a twin propelled Cesena.

Anyone not named Hill in the WR room are all open to explore other opportunities else where. Enough drafting these small sized, speed WRs that can’t get off physical man press.

Amazing what happens when your best defensive player plays the position he is best at and was handsomely to do so.
Holidaysmore - 2005
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

That would be a good place to start. The ideal receiver in my mind was Allen Robinson but he's probably not as available as Patrick would be.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:04 am I think you forgot ( well, we know you didn't, but i'm playing along ) Buffalo who walked into Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs by 18.

Yes, I know Buffalo dropped to Jacksonville.
If we want to go backwards how far back do we go? In 1985 the Bears were very good.
As you pointed out, YESTERDAY the Bills lost to Jacksonville.
In other words, Buffalo lost to JUNK.
Green Bay minus Rodgers is still > Jacksonville.
The Chiefs beat GB while Buffalo lost to JAX. Therefore, right or wrong, I feel today KC > Buffalo.
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:23 am That would be a good place to start. The ideal receiver in my mind was Allen Robinson but he's probably not as available as Patrick would be.
My guess is he (Robinson) will be 100% available at the end of the season.