Kenosha

Ugh.
JKLivin
Contributor

Re: Kenosha

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:27 am So the Mcmichael-Bryan defense is arguing things like, Arbery had long dirty toenails, there are little girls who live in the neighborhood and if Arbery broke into their house who knows what he would have done to them, and when the Mcmichaels/Bryan pursued Arbery they were being guided by god
What does any of this have to do with Kyle Rittenhouse and Kenosha?
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i appreciate Ousie posting about the racist fucks on trial here, rather than starting another thread for no reason
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:44 am https://twitter.com/kaileytracy/status/ ... 38021?s=21

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 682555002/
Defense attorney Kevin Gough, who represents Bryan, told jurors his client was guided by "divine providence" to capture video of Arbery on the street that day, saying Bryan acted as a well-meaning witness to the killing...

"Something is guiding Mr. Bryan down this street to document what’s going on," Gough said. "He’s being guided, whether that’s by a god, if you believe in God, or some other entity. But do you really believe it’s just coincidence or chance?"

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/14 ... 29996?s=21
Geebus, I missed that. WTF does dirty toenails have to do with getting blasted with a shotgun?
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

maybe psych knows?

(but if he doesn’t, i’m sure he’ll make something up)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

where have we heard this one before?

https://twitter.com/hayleymasontv/statu ... 14432?s=21
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Ousie, you seem strangely silent as the newest mass killing in Waukesha hits the news, What's wrong? All drained of oUTrAgE, or could it be another variable related to Darrell Brooks' skin color?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/22/us/wauke ... index.html
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea, sorry, I didn’t pay as much attention to the news or the boreds cuz I was fishing all weekend.

What went down in Waukesha is awful. And the perp, though afforded the presumption of innocence until proven guilty in court, is gonna be brought to justice.

That article mentions police say there was no prior pursuit, though I initially heard reports the guy fled cuz cops were shooting at him. Any confirmations on that?
Deleted User 89

dude was fleeing from a knife fight…he deserves all the punishment in the world
Last edited by Deleted User 89 on Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And speaking of driving cars into crowds of people, didja see that a federal jury decided the “unite the right” folks owe $25 million in civil damages for that shit they pulled in Charlottesville?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:10 am And speaking of driving cars into crowds of people, didja see that a federal jury decided the “unite the right” folks owe $25 million in civil damages for that shit they pulled in Charlottesville?
Sounds fair to me.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:10 am dude was fleeing from a knife fight…he deserves all the punishment in the world
Making stuff up again, eh?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:07 am Yea, sorry, I didn’t pay as much attention to the news or the boreds cuz I was fishing all weekend.

What went down in Waukesha is awful. And the perp, though afforded the presumption of innocence until proven guilty in court, is gonna be brought to justice.

That article mentions police say there was no prior pursuit, though I initially heard reports the guy fled cuz cops were shooting at him. Any confirmations on that?
Nope, but I would assume that if you have someone intentionally plowing through a crowd in an SUV, you're going to shoot to try to take out tires and to disable the driver.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, cuz firing shots at a moving target in a crowd would work out soo well.

Pretty sure the shots, if fired, came prior to the guy trying to flee down the street with the parade
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:23 am Yeah, cuz firing shots at a moving target in a crowd would work out soo well.

Pretty sure the shots, if fired, came prior to the guy trying to flee down the street with the parade
I'm neither a law enforcement officer nor am I a law enforcement expert. I only play one on TV.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Not that we can read anything into lengthy jury deliberations, but, what’s taking so long?

Speculation suggests it might be whether the Bryan dude is as culpable.

But either way, and in contrast to Kyle, even if these rednecks are found not guilty in state court, they’ll be promptly arrested on federal hate crime charges regardless.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:43 am Not that we can read anything into lengthy jury deliberations, but, what’s taking so long?

Speculation suggests it might be whether the Bryan dude is as culpable.

But either way, and in contrast to Kyle, even if these rednecks are found not guilty in state court, they’ll be promptly arrested on federal hate crime charges regardless.
What they did was indefensible. I would presume that, like with the Rittenhouse case, the jury is struggling with the public backlash that will result from a verdict either way. Would not want to be on any of those juries.
Deleted User 89

JKLivin wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:19 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:10 am dude was fleeing from a knife fight…he deserves all the punishment in the world
Making stuff up again, eh?
project much?

that was the initial report i heard

edit: and it’s still being reported by multiple outlets (washpo, nbc, yahoo, cbs, usatoday, etc.)

gtfo…your rock beckons
Last edited by Deleted User 89 on Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I assumed they were just deliberating each charge as it pertains to each defendant, but I wonder how much “public backlash” the jurors are really worried about. Aren’t they isolated from the public during trials either way?