Dogs

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 863

Re: Dogs

Post by Deleted User 863 »

How many repeat posts in multiple threads before this is considered a Trad metldown?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

you seem to be the expert on such things, Karen, so you tell us
Deleted User 863

Well in my expert opinion i think you hit meltdown status 2 or 3 posts ago, but each meltdown is unique. Embrace and enjoy. It's best not to hold it in.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 89

you would know, Karen
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Stop it
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

not in the dog thread. dogs deserve better
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah for real.

Some day, with this thread, we’re all gonna look back and smile.

Deleted User 89

i’ve been smiling at it all day

adults acting like teenage girls is hilarious

but not as hilarious as dogs with oversized sticks:

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Wiff wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:41 pm I'm really sorry to hear that, Twocoach. Hopefully you can do all you can to spoil her and make her feel as comfortable as possible.

If it comes to this point, you might consider doing what my friend convinced me of doing when I had to put by beloved pup down. My pup was always terrified of going to the vet, so I did not want to take him there to feel that again. Where I live, they have a traveling vet service where they will come to your home to perform the procedure. It is a little more expensive, but I am so glad I chose to do that so that my baby boy could go peacefully at home, surrounded by his toys and the people that loved him, without the anxiety he would otherwise go through from a trip to the vet. I can look into those options if you are interested in going that route and need someone to look for you. Again, I'm really sorry.
She loves going to the vet and adores her vet, one in particular so that isn't a problem. And it came to that point this morning. My wife and I got to be with her and my oldest off at school joined via Facetime per her request so she got to pass with the sounds of love and her people loving on her.

Telling my youngest after she got home today was not fun at all but she seems to be handling it pretty well. Better than my wife and I to be honest.

Thank goodness for sports because the rest of this past weekend has sucked ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wiff

Post by Wiff »

My pup started his modeling career today.
Ain't no seats
Deleted User 863

Picked up our 8 week old english setter puppy today. He's determined to eat the Christmas tree.
shindig

Post by shindig »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:51 pm Picked up our 8 week old english setter puppy today. He's determined to eat the Christmas tree.
Ah, congrats. Such a fun time with them. Ornery little shits, but so fun. Cherish it.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

couldn’t decide if this should go here, or in the outdoors thread, but a pretty cool story regardless

https://www.worldwildlife.org/stories/f ... -to-mighty

years ago i rescued a couple Tibetan Mastiffs from a situation in rural Pennsylvania…drove nonstop from Lawrence, out there and back. they looked an awful lot like the Bankhar dogs in this story, and would seem to have the same temperament

edit: ha! they are one and the same…had no idea
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

oldest living dog is now a 21 year-old chihuahua

pretty amazing though, that oldest dog ever recorded was a 29 year-old australian cattle dog
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

29!?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Jesus. And a cattle dog at that!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:24 am29!?
the record is from like 1939 or some shit