Who Is Banned?

You Love It.
ousdahl

Re: Who Is Banned?

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:57 pm Seems doubtful that he smokes meth imo.
POTD
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

How else would he get all that PPE to China?
Defense. Rebounds.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I feel bad for him and the others that get sucked into it. It doesn't start with bad intentions. It's not his fault he's an idiot.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:57 pm Seems doubtful that he smokes meth imo.
Were you even on the .com when lobby moved to LA? Do you remember the old lobby?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mjl wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:28 am I feel bad for him and the others that get sucked into it. It doesn't start with bad intentions. It's not his fault he's an idiot.
I kinda feel that way too. Kinda.

Isn’t there some/a collection of YouTube vids that are the most notorious for converting lobsters into q beliebers?

I read some article about some chick who went to bed one night a Bernie supporter, binged the YouTube docs all night, and got out of bed the next morning all in on Q.

She explained how it stressed her relationship with her fiancée and other friends, but was still sooo sure about it…

… until, as time went on, she realized more and more that shit just wasn’t adding up. The Q prophecies weren’t coming to fruition, and Trump didn’t seem like some valiant force against the evil cabal after all.

So, my issue with lobster is, how does he (and so many others) still go all in on conspiracies when conspiracies just aren’t panning out? When JFK Jr doesn’t just come walking down the street in Dallas like Q said, what then? At what point does a reasonable person just gotta call shenanigans?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I think this is the article.

Was this already shared here?

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/magaz ... ter-503295
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mjl wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:28 am I feel bad for him and the others that get sucked into it. It doesn't start with bad intentions. It's not his fault he's an idiot.
It's tough, though, because his persona here turned into being a real jerk. That started before the Q stuff--around the time the 9/11 bullshit started. Previously, he was always a little out there but I had some really nice convos both on board and via PM in those times.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, lobster did used to be cool.

He was pleasant, not all weird or uppity about kooky shit, not any of the thinly veiled bigot stuff either.

Just a funny pretend romance with Shirley and a distrust of tow truck drivers.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:29 am
Were you even on the .com when lobby moved to LA? Do you remember the old lobby?
Come on man, Illy has only been a “Jayhawk” for a couple of years
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

We saw him descend from lovable pothead to Jordan Peterson fan to misogynistic to 9/11 truther to full blown conspiracy theorist, and an asshole at that. I think that dismissing it as a personal character flaw dismisses the danger posed by misinformation in the social media, "content creator" era.

I listened to a podcast where they went down that exact path really quickly, looking up some gaming related thing on YouTube starting from a history-less account. Within like to two clicks of recommended videos they ended up down that exact path - to Jordan Peterson, to misogyny, to bigotry, to minor conspiracy stuff, to full blown QAnon.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Now do Qusdahl!

Lovable pothead radicalized by hot commie babes on the gram?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

What mjl said.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

I enjoyed talking music with lobs way back in the day.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:20 pm Now do Qusdahl!

Lovable pothead radicalized by hot commie babes on the gram?
I am gonna guess that this is where your trip down the rabbit hole started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP1NyV60WzA
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Mjl wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:34 pm We saw him descend from lovable pothead to Jordan Peterson fan to misogynistic to 9/11 truther to full blown conspiracy theorist, and an asshole at that. I think that dismissing it as a personal character flaw dismisses the danger posed by misinformation in the social media, "content creator" era.

I listened to a podcast where they went down that exact path really quickly, looking up some gaming related thing on YouTube starting from a history-less account. Within like to two clicks of recommended videos they ended up down that exact path - to Jordan Peterson, to misogyny, to bigotry, to minor conspiracy stuff, to full blown QAnon.
Don’t forget Financial Guru as well!
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:40 am
Mjl wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:34 pm We saw him descend from lovable pothead to Jordan Peterson fan to misogynistic to 9/11 truther to full blown conspiracy theorist, and an asshole at that. I think that dismissing it as a personal character flaw dismisses the danger posed by misinformation in the social media, "content creator" era.

Don’t forget Financial Guru as well!
And housing market predictor!
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

My apologies to all, looks like pdub is entering meltdown mode.

See you when I see you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Always someone else's fault.

Always someone else in meltdown mode.

And you say I lack self awareness? Sheesh.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:27 am Always someone else's fault.

I, for one, am 100% confident that you are aware of who/what you are.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Overlander wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:05 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:27 am Always someone else's fault.

I, for one, am 100% confident that you are aware of who/what you are.
I have my views on that topic, too...
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...