Chiefs 2021

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Chiefs 2021

Post by pdub »

"I'd like to comment on each one ( the what, five?, awful game changing calls throughout the game ) but I dont want to get fined,"

Andy Reid.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Bengals got six first downs via penalty. Chiefs got zero.

When Big Red is furious about calls you know it was bad. I've never heard him comment like that. I can flat out guarantee you the NFL took notice.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Let's go Raiders.
I'd prefer Carr in KC over Herbert to open the playoffs.

And if things go as expected, ( thanks officials ) you'll see a rematch of KC Cincy in the 2nd round.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/329 ... on-outlook

"The Bengals won the AFC North for the first time since 2015, thanks to their 34-31 victory over the Chiefs. But will history remember that it took flags on two consecutive fourth-down plays at the goal line to keep the Bengals' winning drive alive?"

Yes.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also, of course you prefer the 1 seed, because of the bye, but if the Bills and Pats stay the 4/5, I'd rather play CincyINeedTheRefsToWin then either of the previous teams.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

In other bad news, we lost Niang for the season with a torn patellar tendon. I guess this injury can be career ending.

Let's hope Orlando Brown can recover for the playoffs.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

pdub wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:37 am Also, of course you prefer the 1 seed, because of the bye, but if the Bills and Pats stay the 4/5, I'd rather play CincyINeedTheRefsToWin then either of the previous teams.
Absolutely--
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Give me Cincy at home in a rematch all day long. Please.

This time Andy needs to put the foot on the throat and be aggressive and Spags better not screw it up by using the dumbest game plan I have ever seen.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

In defense of Spag's decision to blitz on 3rd and 27: I fully expected a holding call to bail them out again if they didn't reach the QB quickly. If Ward would have just ejected the ball it would have worked.

One thing was clear, Burrow was throwing to a spot on the sideline over and over again and KC needed to put a safety down there in any event. But Chase didn't beat KC. He helped, but there should have been at least 50-points on the board. It was another of those games where the officials found a way to make it close.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Sparko wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:00 am In defense of Spag's decision to blitz on 3rd and 27: I fully expected a holding call to bail them out again if they didn't reach the QB quickly. If Ward would have just ejected the ball it would have worked.

One thing was clear, Burrow was throwing to a spot on the sideline over and over again and KC needed to put a safety down there in any event. But Chase didn't beat KC. He helped, but there should have been at least 50-points on the board. It was another of those games where the officials found a way to make it close.
To rational of thought. There is ZERO excuse for the poor call he made on 3rd and 27. ZERO. Play an underneath coverage, rally to the football and make the damn tackle. Now you make Cincy either kick a long field goal, punt or go for it. Or, like you said Sneed would have been called for holding 25 yards away from the play and they would have got an automatic first down, lol.

I came away from this game, much like all of their other losses that the Chiefs weren't beat by a better team. They, once again beat themselves.

It is pretty clear to me if the Chiefs want to win the Super Bowl they will. If the coaching staff wants to continue to be stubborn and not wiling to adapt in game then they won't.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

The weird thing is, Spags has played more 2 high safety looks over the last 2+ months than maybe he's ever played before. But he went back to aggressive Spags for legit zero reason. Jones, Clark and Ingram were DESTROYING their line (Former Hawk Hakeem Adeniji included) No reason to bring extra pressure there.

Chiefs are fine. But the road got a lot tougher because they didn't adjust. 3 offensive possessions in the 2nd half = 3 points. Have to do something on that side of the ball too.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Looking at the playoff machine, my favorite ESPN tool, it seems that if KC is the 2 seed, they are playing either Indy or Chargers. If KC potentially loses Saturday and Cincy wins, KC goes to the 4 seed and would likely play the Pats in the first round. Honestly, give me the 4 seed. I don't think home games matter much with this team. They have the experience to get over it.

Mostly, I want to avoid the Colts and Chargers at all costs. I think those are the 2 teams that match up the best with the Chiefs. Chargers have proven it and the Colts have the run game and defense to be nasty enough.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:23 pm The weird thing is, Spags has played more 2 high safety looks over the last 2+ months than maybe he's ever played before. But he went back to aggressive Spags for legit zero reason. Jones, Clark and Ingram were DESTROYING their line (Former Hawk Hakeem Adeniji included) No reason to bring extra pressure there.

Chiefs are fine. But the road got a lot tougher because they didn't adjust. 3 offensive possessions in the 2nd half = 3 points. Have to do something on that side of the ball too.
Except that once again, everyone's favorite scape goat Dirty Dan was the deep safety on at least one long TD, maybe two. The Chiefs are better when Tyrann (who also had a really bad game) is roving, Dirty Dan is playing less than 20% of the snaps and Juan is in the deep middle.
I can see why Spags was aggressive and that is his nature but you can be aggressive while still protecting against the only play (player) that had consistently beat you all game long.

Most likely going to be the Chargers at home on MNF. If the Chiefs are relatively healthy and the coaching staff doesn't sabotage a game plan they can beat anyone.
Holidaysmore - 2005
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:50 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:23 pm The weird thing is, Spags has played more 2 high safety looks over the last 2+ months than maybe he's ever played before. But he went back to aggressive Spags for legit zero reason. Jones, Clark and Ingram were DESTROYING their line (Former Hawk Hakeem Adeniji included) No reason to bring extra pressure there.

Except that once again, everyone's favorite scape goat Dirty Dan was the deep safety on at least one long TD, maybe two. The Chiefs are better when Tyrann (who also had a really bad game) is roving, Dirty Dan is playing less than 20% of the snaps and Juan is in the deep middle.
I can see why Spags was aggressive and that is his nature but you can be aggressive while still protecting against the only play (player) that had consistently beat you all game long.

Most likely going to be the Chargers at home on MNF. If the Chiefs are relatively healthy and the coaching staff doesn't sabotage a game plan they can beat anyone.
The word I have heard repeatedly from all the talking heads about Spags defensive calls on Sunday has been "predictable". When the offense knows what you are most likely to do, they can cook you nearly every time if you don't get to the QB early.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CEH officially out.
Orlando Brown is back fully practicing which is more important than CEH.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

At this point Williams has fully surpassed CEH as RB1. Not like the title matters but Williams is a more complete back even if both are healthy.

I wasn't a huge fan of Hardman but at least he is on the field. CEH, is becoming the offense version of Breeland Speaks.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:50 pm At this point Williams has fully surpassed CEH as RB1. Not like the title matters but Williams is a more complete back even if both are healthy.

I wasn't a huge fan of Hardman but at least he is on the field. CEH, is becoming the offense version of Breeland Speaks.
Too small.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Another bad performance by the Chiefs offense vs. the Donkeys. Might fuck around and lose this game and cost themselves the #2 seed.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Defence isn't so hot, either.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Chiefs playing as soft as the Jayhawks today. Defense isn't communicating at all.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Losing to this hack of a QB from Mizzou would be ridiculous.