pdub
Site Admin

Re: Official Gamethread at TT

Post by pdub »

Rock Chalk Blog doyel.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

sdoyel wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:01 pm Mind blowing.

https://twitter.com/samlance_/status/14 ... 75714?s=21
I agree. As I watched that play out I was like WTF is he doing. My teenage son was asking the same thing. I don't know who the doctor is that KU needs to talk to David but someone needs to talk to him. He can be great (at the college level) but man, what the heck is happening in his head?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm guessing he mistakenly felt pressure would be there already from the left. ( you see the Tech player trying to catch up to get into position ) It wasn't.
Has there ever been a player that has gotten so much scrutiny in the last 5 years than Dave?

Tyshawn comes to mind.
Maybe Dok.

Why are we not breaking down the play where Remy ran around in circles, not passing it to two open players, from the top of the key, under the basket, and then out of bounds. That was mistake after mistake after mistake. Not just one mistake.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:34 pm Has there ever been a player that has gotten so much scrutiny in the last 5 years than Dave?
Tyshawn comes to mind.
Why are we not breaking down the play where Remy ran around in circles, not passing it to two open players, from the top of the key, under the basket, and then out of bounds. That was mistake after mistake after mistake. Not just one mistake.
Tyshawn got us to a Natty. But he did take a lot of heat.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Dave is an intelligent dude. I truly believe he watches tape and over analyzes it. Thinks too much.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't think this bored generally ( generally meaning maybe the more vocal bb members ) understands post play.
At all.
They think just because you are big and closer to the basket you should finish every play.

It's a theme since dotnet with minimizing Dok's skillset and trashing Landen Lucas and Perry Ellis.

Guards can do no wrong generally.
But bigs have bad BBIQ and all they do is dunk and we'd be better off if they would leave KU.
It's really weird.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

sdoyel wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:37 pm Thinks too much.
For sure.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bill Self little shade ( and he was screaming at the officials in game ) in the presser:

"It was a four point game when Juan got fouled on the sideline."
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:34 pm I'm guessing he mistakenly felt pressure would be there already from the left. ( you see the Tech player trying to catch up to get into position ) It wasn't.
Has there ever been a player that has gotten so much scrutiny in the last 5 years than Dave?

Tyshawn comes to mind.
Maybe Dok.

I think Dave has so much potential. But him being so up and down is costing this team.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also from Self.
"We had a window where we did cut it...and we had opportunities, you know, Remy dribbles out a possession, and then dribbles out of bounds...we had some bad possessions when we had a chance to do some things...but the guys were freelancin."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

nu_bronco wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:12 pm
pdub wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:34 pm I'm guessing he mistakenly felt pressure would be there already from the left. ( you see the Tech player trying to catch up to get into position ) It wasn't.

Tyshawn comes to mind.
Maybe Dok.

I think Dave has so much potential. But him being so up and down is costing this team.
For sure.
I think at this point Self should play him through mistakes though instead of pulling him.
He deserves more than 14 minutes - he was our best rebounder in a night where we needed rebounding - as we got beat on the glass.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:19 pm Also from Self.
"We had a window where we did cut it...and we had opportunities, you know, Remy dribbles out a possession, and then dribbles out of bounds...we had some bad possessions when we had a chance to do some things...but the guys were freelancin."
That turnover by Remy was a big one. He had Och wide open on the wing for a 3. That said, it looked like he was fouled on the strip…

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
thekid6
Contributor

Post by thekid6 »

Late to the party but wondering what a charge/block is.........
Don't give up, don't ever give up. -Jimmy V
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Couple of those were suspect.
Ochai's fourth laughable.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:13 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:00 pm Maybe KU should just play more aggressively and guard better?
There we go.
Well, I wanted to throw a bunch of different play and rotation recommendations out there that the HoF coach should do differently but it looked like we had all that covered already...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ok you guys.

I try to be humble around here.

And tho this game sucked, can you at least stop and enjoy with me, the taste of this crauw.

Soo delicious.

https://twitter.com/slam_university/sta ... 81765?s=21
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:39 pm I don't think this bored generally ( generally meaning maybe the more vocal bb members ) understands post play.
At all.
They think just because you are big and closer to the basket you should finish every play.

It's a theme since dotnet with minimizing Dok's skillset and trashing Landen Lucas and Perry Ellis.

Guards can do no wrong generally.
But bigs have bad BBIQ and all they do is dunk and we'd be better off if they would leave KU.
It's really weird.
This post is not wrong.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Tyshawn comes to mind.
Maybe Dok.

The play where multiple people responded "pass the fucking ball, Remy" in the game thread? What more needs to be said about it?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We need to post a carousel tweet in the thread after the game of him at the top of the key, a photo of him driving aimlessly across the paint while two players stood waiting for the ball and then a photo of him loosing the ball after wasting the entire possession.