Evil Rich People

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Evil Rich People

Post by ousdahl »

Qusdahl asks if we should start a whole new thread that’s simply called “Zucked”

like for real what’s bad about this?

https://www.instagram.com/puppers.again ... =copy_link
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

zuck and his wife just donated a record sum to the University of Hawaii (i think that’s the one)

i guess we should forget about all of his questionable business decisions

related, there’s some interesting conversations being had surrounding his buying up of land from native Hawaiians
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Did they sell the parcels of land willingly?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Mjl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:53 pm Yep.

Wife and I are going to take the upcoming summer off. We figure we're at about the halfway point in life. Seems like a good time to take halftime and discuss how we're going to approach the second half. What plays do we keep running, what do we need to adjust, etc.
I will be interested to hear how that goes. My daughter who is only 27 has discussed doing similar at key decades in her life. It can be a useful process. Some people end up having to reassess their lives due to crisis. The idea of doing it as a periodic practice and not waiting for, reacting to, a crisis has real merit. The chances of any crisis being existential I think will go down.

Allow for flexibility and be willing to pivot if it makes sense. Major changes can come as a result of once in a lifetime opportunity. Three years ago Annie and I had a nice simple retirement all planned out. She was going to save Denver through recycling and I was going to get a part time job as the crazy high old fart Walmart greeter in the Colfax store. It was all going according to plan, until someone pulled up to us on a street corner and rolled down their truck window and asked us, "are you here to save our town?" WFT people, do we just look stupid? And the next morning the town matriarch told us "you were sent by god to save our town"; she got this message after discussion with her dead brother in a dream the night before and then of course we had take it more seriously.

So, I recommend consulting the dead this summer as well.

And here we are, investing our life's savings into saving a sorry ass town and looking forward to the challenge of making lives better. What a fucking travesty of an end for someone who has spend years perfecting their vulture capitalist skills.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

japhy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:38 am
Mjl wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:53 pm Yep.

Wife and I are going to take the upcoming summer off. We figure we're at about the halfway point in life. Seems like a good time to take halftime and discuss how we're going to approach the second half. What plays do we keep running, what do we need to adjust, etc.
I will be interested to hear how that goes. My daughter who is only 27 has discussed doing similar at key decades in her life. It can be a useful process. Some people end up having to reassess their lives due to crisis. The idea of doing it as a periodic practice and not waiting for, reacting to, a crisis has real merit. The chances of any crisis being existential I think will go down.

Allow for flexibility and be willing to pivot if it makes sense. Major changes can come as a result of once in a lifetime opportunity. Three years ago Annie and I had a nice simple retirement all planned out. She was going to save Denver through recycling and I was going to get a part time job as the crazy high old fart Walmart greeter in the Colfax store. It was all going according to plan, until someone pulled up to us on a street corner and rolled down their truck window and asked us, "are you here to save our town?" WFT people, do we just look stupid? And the next morning the town matriarch told us "you were sent by god to save our town"; she got this message after discussion with her dead brother in a dream the night before and then of course we had take it more seriously.

So, I recommend consulting the dead this summer as well.

And here we are, investing our life's savings into saving a sorry ass town and looking forward to the challenge of making lives better. What a fucking travesty of an end for someone who has spend years perfecting their vulture capitalist skills.
Ha, cool story. That's one thing we've discussed, is that most of the best things in life have come from some risky thing being presented, and we said, sure, let's do it. Sounds like that happened to you.

For us, this is more like, we've done the things you're "supposed to do".
Get good grades in school (well, at least the wife did).
Get a good job.
Save for retirement.
Have kids.

Ok... So... Now what?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Mjl wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:06 pm Ha, cool story. That's one thing we've discussed, is that most of the best things in life have come from some risky thing being presented, and we said, sure, let's do it. Sounds like that happened to you.

For us, this is more like, we've done the things you're "supposed to do".
Get good grades in school (well, at least the wife did).
Get a good job.
Save for retirement.
Have kids.

Ok... So... Now what?
If you have done everything you are supposed to do, then yeah, now is the time to decide what you want to do from here on out. If you happen to be traveling through the San Luis Valley late in June stop by. There's a dead guy who visits the Spud Lounge on occasion who seems to give sage advice. If nothing else it's a good place to have a beer and soak in the scenery and an interesting culture.

You never know what street corner you will meet an oracle on.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:05 pm https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisakim/20 ... 9b9ca63e4a

so evil..
Presidential run coming up
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ha, maybe.

I’m pretty sure that’s cool by Cuban, right? That seems cool. I can only imagine how many pharma bros are pissed about it.

But the fact we’re relying on the good faith of billionaires, seems like quite a testament to just how fucked the healthcare system is.
Deleted User 863

Overlander wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:24 pm
TDub wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:05 pm https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisakim/20 ... 9b9ca63e4a

so evil..
I'd take him over our 2 likely choices in a heartbeat.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:32 pm

so evil..
Who do you feel are our 2 likely choices? My guess is neither Joesph nor Donald run.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:45 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:32 pm

Who do you feel are our 2 likely choices? My guess is neither Joesph nor Donald run.
Don't tease me...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I dunno anyone who gets THAT excited about Biden, or anything in particular he’s done.

I do wonder, though, how many Mericans get all boned up at the thought of a Trump 24 run.

As stoopid as that sounds, it’s also prob in the tens of millions who want it.

The idea of some outsider candidate might be cool. But man, they better bring a platform.

Cuz generally, it sucks that the only folks who get a chance to run for President are the evil rich people…
Deleted User 863

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I wonder how high Elon was when he said that shit.
Deleted User 863

japhy wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:49 pm I wonder how high Elon was when he said that shit.
He doesn't even know how to smoke. Watch the video, he doesn't know how to inhale.

He's a strange creature.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Illy how do you even have the audacity to start a thread with a name like this?

Elon Musk is my hero. You should raise yer kids to be like him.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
ProudBoy

Post by ProudBoy »

I’m all for making fun of artistic people.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Listen up libs!

This is what a real tragedy looks like.

https://twitter.com/wealth/status/14885 ... 75913?s=21
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Seems like a good thing that so many more people can afford boats. Upward mobility is a real thing. And at the same time median (not just average) wages are rising, so it's not at the expense of the working class.