Mahomie

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Mahomie

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I thought I saw like a 60% chance. More than slight. But still will be fun to watch them play in snow. And I don’t know if the weather will affect the KC offense much. They destroyed a good Jags D (at the time) in the rain. I think I would rather have a Mahomes ball in the air over Ware trying to gain yards on a wet field.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If the field conditions are wet, I like the Chiefs chances a little better against the Colts cover 2 zone where it's easier to make a 4 yard catch and then make a defender in that zone slip, busting for a big gain. Also advantage Tyreek Hill kick returns.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:35 am If the field conditions are wet, I like the Chiefs chances a little better against the Colts cover 2 zone where it's easier to make a 4 yard catch and then make a defender in that zone slip, busting for a big gain. Also advantage Tyreek Hill kick returns.
I'm pumped for one of the first plays for the Chiefs being a Kelce route in the middle and Hill streaking in between the corner and safety in the Cover 2 and Mahomes picking whoever he wants to throw it to.

It's going to be a field day for this offense. I think KC can hold Indy under 30, and I think KC will score more than 30.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Tampa Cover 2. Exploit the middle of the field. All. Day. Long. 4 verts, mesh concepts. I would hope that AR has game planned ways to scorch earth that Colts defense.

Wet field favors the offense because I know where my guide points are and where I need to be. Defense doesn't. Wet ball, favors the defense but I don't see that being an issue with the Chiefs.

Obviously stats can be skewed in a variety of ways but doing a bigger deep dive into the strengths of the Colts...their offensive line allowed the least amount of sacks but the teams they faced were in the bottom half of pressures and sacks. They greatly benefited from a weak second half schedule. This is a good team but the Chiefs just can't beat themselves.

Keep it a two score game. Limit the Colts opportunities to run the ball and make Luck throw it. Put those olinemen in a position were they have to pass pro against Ford, Houston and Jones.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:38 pm Keep it a two score game. Limit the Colts opportunities to run the ball and make Luck throw it. Put those olinemen in a position were they have to pass pro against Ford, Houston and Jones.
^^^^^
If Indy becomes a team that has to pass more than they want, they become a pedestrian team. Luck does extremely well in play-action and on quick hitters.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

So, who's watching what? The teevee at Chez 99 will have Kansas hoops.
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:40 pm So, who's watching what? The teevee at Chez 99 will have Kansas hoops.
Chiefs game and it isn't an option for me.

This is one of 30+ games for Kansas. This is win or go home for Chiefs. And a max of 3 games left. I'll take every opportunity to watch Kansas basketball after the Chiefs are done.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'll be watching Kansas and switching between commercials.
When the Kansas game is over, i'll watch the Chiefs.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

DVR fellas. Chiefs live, KU after (if they win)
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That's a good idea - but got lots of work this weekend, so four hours of sports is probably going to have to be it.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:27 pm That's a good idea - but got lots of work this weekend, so four hours of sports is probably going to have to be it.
This is a top 4 sports weekend of the year. Let it be consumed by conference play in basketball and the Elite 8 for the NFL.

kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:09 pm DVR fellas. Chiefs live, KU after (if they win)
Ditto
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Buncha goddamn bad fans in this thread.

YT,

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

kubandalum wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:21 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:09 pm DVR fellas. Chiefs live, KU after (if they win)
Ditto
Yep me too.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:02 pm Buncha goddamn bad fans in this thread.

YT,

Yep.

I'll be watching the KU game.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Jakehawk

Post by Jakehawk »

Don't know if this has been posted yet but check out this read about Mahomes. He actually practices some of those crazy throws!

Legend of the Long Toss: Stories of Patrick Mahomes II’s Awe-Inspiring Passing - The Ringer
https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playoffs/ ... est-passer
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:24 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:02 pm Buncha goddamn bad fans in this thread.

YT,

Yep.

I'll be watching the KU game.
I knew there were still some Jayhawk fans here.
Defense. Rebounds.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

And EB misses practice today after being limited yesterday. That could be precautionary (or his routine for one day on, one day off) but I will be shocked if he plays on Saturday.
If he misses practice next week they need to put him on IR and end this circus. There is plenty of blame to go around for this situation but from a fans perspective I am sick and tired of it.
Someone from the Chiefs needs to step in and put an end to this before EB's entire legacy gets throw in the trash.
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:48 pm And EB misses practice today after being limited yesterday. That could be precautionary (or his routine for one day on, one day off) but I will be shocked if he plays on Saturday.
If he misses practice next week they need to put him on IR and end this circus. There is plenty of blame to go around for this situation but from a fans perspective I am sick and tired of it.
Someone from the Chiefs needs to step in and put an end to this before EB's entire legacy gets throw in the trash.
I agree that if it's going to be this will-he-or-won't-he going into next year, a separation makes the most sense. It's not that Eric Berry is soft - FAR, FAR from it - it's that he's fragile and unreliable.