Estranged

Coffee talk.
Qusdahl

Estranged

Post by Qusdahl »

Man. Any advice for dealing with a homie who seems determined to alienate himself from everyone?

So Q’s recent golf buddy he just met up with is actually the younger brother of a closer lifelong friend. I’m friends with both, closer to the elder, but the younger actually likes golf more so have been getting cooler and cooler with him too.

After 2 golf trips together, it seemed we had the whole framework for destination gold trips dialed in. This time tho, it was on his turf, crashing at his place, then in areas in his neck of the woods. And over the course of the trip, he just got saltier and saltier. Just petty little passive aggressive reactions and loosing temper over little things.

I talk to the older brother who says, yea man I can barely talk to him any more either. Neither can mom, or anyone else we grew up with. He’s frankly surprised the little bro even put up with Q for as many fishing trips as he has.

Other shot of note:
- sitting around drunk watching the super bowl, dude mentions he’s getting on some shady swinger’s app to hook up a girl to come over, but “q can totally schedule a session with her too after I’m finished up.” I ask if this is even swinging, or something else, and he gives some vague answer that neither confirms nor denies it’s basically sex for hire. The dude then seemed upset Q didn’t want sloppy seconds.

- the dude is addicted to energy drinks. Like 3-4+ monster energy drinks a day, to the point his hands are shaking and he’s visibly tweaking out.

- the dude offered to ship like $2 grand worth of Q’s golf gear back to him, which we’ve done before and he’s always been cool about, but this time is dragging his feet about it and getting all standoffish every time I ask

Sorry, that got long.

Tldr, any advice for a close friend/family who’s being an asshole to everyone? Probably with a substance abuse angle to go with? Or for getting your golf shit back from someone like that?
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Estranged

Post by pdub »

"He’s frankly surprised the little bro even put up with Q for as many fishing trips as he has."

Missed this one here Qous.
Qusdahl

Re: Estranged

Post by Qusdahl »

Q says that’s fake news.
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5