FUCK ESPN

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: FUCK ESPN

Post by pdub »

First loss I can remember was Iowa State and Marcus Fizer beating Roi's Boi's in a close one in 1999 or 2000.

Was at another loss v Iowa State a year or two later when we had Luke Axtell.

( was at several that CnB mentioned, including the wtf neckbrace Jim Wooldridge's bizarre upset with Cartier Martin in 06 - I remember Russ Rob being absolute shit in the game - and how very oddly quiet and stunned AFH was )
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I truly don't mind UNC. I think they have a really good overall relationship with KU outside of stealing Roy and Dean becoming a UNC guy over KU even though his alma mater was KU. They aren't that obnoxious and don't have many things that bug me compared to Kentucky and Duke.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:32 am I was at:

Richmond 04
Iowa State 05
Nevada 05
Kansas State 06
Oral Roberts 06
Texas A&M 07
San Diego State 14

Obviously took hits in the undergrad days.
And since you're a die hard i bet you stayed planted in your seat until the final buzzer.

I was very disappointed at people leaving early during the UK game. Bad look. Always stay until the end.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Random losses outside of AFH I remember being at: Syracuse, Temple, Washington in KC; Michigan State in Atlanta. By far the worst one: Northern Iowa in Oklahoma City.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I've been to several losses at Sprint Center - including the one where we lost in the first game against TCU without Josh Jackson.

I saw us get creamed by Kentucky in 2011 at MSG before we had a rematch with them in the National Championship. The Kentucky fans there were the worst fans i've ever experienced at a CBB game.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Who knew Pdub’s real name was Laura Bauer?
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:33 am I truly don't mind UNC. I think they have a really good overall relationship with KU outside of stealing Roy and Dean becoming a UNC guy over KU even though his alma mater was KU. They aren't that obnoxious and don't have many things that bug me compared to Kentucky and Duke.
For me, and I assume a lot of KU fans, the 08 Final Four was kind of the end of UNC hatred for me. They just don't give me that same joy when they lose as they did during the Hansbrough years, or even like Kentucky and Duke do now.
Deleted User 863

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:54 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:33 am I truly don't mind UNC. I think they have a really good overall relationship with KU outside of stealing Roy and Dean becoming a UNC guy over KU even though his alma mater was KU. They aren't that obnoxious and don't have many things that bug me compared to Kentucky and Duke.
For me, and I assume a lot of KU fans, the 08 Final Four was kind of the end of UNC hatred for me. They just don't give me that same joy when they lose as they did during the Hansbrough years, or even like Kentucky and Duke do now.
Agreed. Beating Roy and then him being gracious healed my wounds.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Is there anything in sports more oversold than the duke-unc "rivalry?"

Maybe Notre Dame everything, but they at least have viewers from all over the world.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:36 am Random losses outside of AFH I remember being at: Syracuse, Temple, Washington in KC; Michigan State in Atlanta. By far the worst one: Northern Iowa in Oklahoma City.
Oregon at Sprint was my worst, by far.
Deleted User 863

Notre Dame football for sure.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

My losses include Long Beach St and Richmond.
Saw a pretty good win over Louisville in 86
Defense. Rebounds.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:04 am Is there anything in sports more oversold than the duke-unc "rivalry?"

Maybe Notre Dame everything, but they at least have viewers from all over the world.
Yankees/Red Sox.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:36 am Random losses outside of AFH I remember being at: Syracuse, Temple, Washington in KC; Michigan State in Atlanta. By far the worst one: Northern Iowa in Oklahoma City.
VCU in San Antonio
Michigan in Dallas
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:21 am
ChalkRocker wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:37 am

I imagine the KU credentials of those on the board are peachy. Mine are. They're not subject to yr approval.
And mine aren't subject to your approval no matter how badly you wish they were.
Never asked abt 'em. Just giggled when you tried to tether yourself to the KU fans on this board. Now watching you try too hard to establish cred.

That's all.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:15 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:04 am Is there anything in sports more oversold than the duke-unc "rivalry?"

Yankees/Red Sox.
Well this is not the right day in history to bring this up, but at least a lot of people care about that. Two major metropolitan areas, and 2 of like 4 cities that actually care about baseball.

The randomness of duke's oversaturated coverage is probably best explained by the behind-the-scenes handshake cooperation between them and ESPN/Vitale, and a small chunk of the NYC tv market.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

hasbeen wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:17 am
VCU in San Antonio
Michigan in Dallas
You win (lose).
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

hasbeen wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:17 am
VCU in San Antonio
Michigan in Dallas
I was going to drive down to Dallas for that game. Uncle lived in the area and was going to stay with home. Decided to stay home last minute. So glad I did. I would have been gutted for that drive back.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:11 am My losses include Long Beach St and Richmond.
Saw a pretty good win over Louisville in 86
I was at both of those losses. I didnt speak for a couple days after LBSU game. I did meet Roy that game though, that was kinda cool.
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:06 am
Oregon at Sprint was my worst, by far.
Watching Jonny Flynn work Sherron in KC is pretty high on my list.