Government Shut-Down Thread

Ugh.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Government Shut-Down Thread

Post by jhawks99 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:00 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:41 pm I'm sure DC will be along to explain that when TR created the NPS that their charter did not bestow policing powers. At least that's what I think he was getting at. But they have them now, and have had them since before I started visiting nation parks in the 60's. Also, to my knowledge, no other agency has authority.

So.... NPS Rangers it is. As it should be.
They also didnt have 8000 camping spaces, a gift shop and guided white water rafting trips with gourmet lunch stops so...
I'm really not trying to be a jerk to DC, this article just pissed me off. And I'm still not sure what he was getting at a couple of pages ago.
Defense. Rebounds.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:58 pm Most Americans also support ending illegal immigration.

So....
Tell me again how throwing a temper tantrum, as commanded by Limbaugh, Coulter and Ingraham (thankfully not Putin, this time!), help end illegal immigration???

You certainly don't believe The Wall is the answer to ending illegal immigration.........may be you do............
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

And you certainly don't believe that Americans being embarrassed is relevant to government policy....maybe you do.....
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

Read somewhere yesterday OMB preparing for shutdown through Feb. I guess you need to prepare but if it lasts that like people are going to be in serious financial pain
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Seems like it might be difficult to figure out a good deflection for the latest idea to fund the wall, "Conservatives for Asset Forfeiture."

Democrats continue to refuse to negotiate in good faith or appropriate any money for border barriers. If they won’t compromise, POTUS should use asset forfeiture money or other discretionary fees to start construction. If not, he should declare a national emergency. It's time. Rep. Mark Meadows.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

RussianHawk wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:58 am Read somewhere yesterday OMB preparing for shutdown through Feb. I guess you need to prepare but if it lasts that like people are going to be in serious financial pain
I hope some local banks choose to do something to help the workers that keep personal deposit accounts at their financial institution....I remember a handful of years ago my bank did something like that when there was some sort of issue going on with state workers (iirc).
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:54 am
RussianHawk wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:58 am Read somewhere yesterday OMB preparing for shutdown through Feb. I guess you need to prepare but if it lasts that like people are going to be in serious financial pain
I hope some local banks choose to do something to help the workers that keep personal deposit accounts at their financial institution....I remember a handful of years ago my bank did something like that when there was some sort of issue going on with state workers (iirc).
Is there such a thing as a local bank anymore? Chase sent an email out day of shutdown waiving overdraft fees, but I haven't heard of anyone waving paying your mortgage or rent.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

In Kansas City: Country Club Bank; Missouri Bank.
Deleted User 75

RussianHawk wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:14 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:54 am
Is there such a thing as a local bank anymore?
Haha probably not in big cities.

I work for a 700mil (give or take) bank that is family owned. The old guy doesn't do anything really anymore other than sit in a few meetings per year. Basically has his son-in-law running it. Started as 1 rural bank, and now has 19 or 20 branches across central/eastern/western IL.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

I do miss local banks. I remember bouncing checks when I was 13 and had no idea about money. Guy at bank called my mom and I had to go see him. He showed me how to balance my check book.

Oh well now I got Chase and I'm just excited they opened a branch in the District
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

There were still local banks in and around DC 20 years ago, but they all got bought up.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:33 pm There were still local banks in and around DC 20 years ago, but they all got bought up.
BB&t is as local as I have seen.
Deleted User 75

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:33 pm There were still local banks in and around DC 20 years ago, but they all got bought up.
"We've" acquired a handful of smaller banks (mainly rural) because they were family owned and wanted to sell to another locally owned bank rather than some big bank....for some reason customers in these small rural towns hate national banks (and large national companies period).
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

So illy does your bank want to give me an interest free loan so I can pay my mortgage? Chances of me getting back pay and not defaulting are > 95% probably
Deleted User 75

If you were a core deposit customer I think we would....since you're not, you'll have to go ask your bank.
Deleted User 75

Either way, obtaining a consumer loan is relatively easily in a situation like this. Inconvenient as hell, but pretty easy to obtain, especially thru your "home" bank.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:41 pm If you were a core deposit customer I think we would....since you're not, you'll have to go ask your bank.
Good to know your bank doesn't care about American workers 😁
Deleted User 75

RussianHawk wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:08 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:41 pm If you were a core deposit customer I think we would....since you're not, you'll have to go ask your bank.
If your bank cared more then my bank wouldn't need to take care of other bank's customers.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:29 pm
RussianHawk wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:08 pm
If your bank cared more then my bank wouldn't need to take care of other bank's customers.
As a true American I'm just looking for someone to care and it's hard.