Government Shut-Down Thread

Ugh.
kubandalum

Re: Government Shut-Down Thread

Post by kubandalum »

“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:15 pm Screw your facts, El Chapo's cartel doesn't carry their drugs over the border so we don't need any barriers. ;-)
Yet another dumb leap of logic.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Any specific Democrat responsible for putting that sign up?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

and how does that equal a crisis?

deer crossing signs everywhere across rural america...must be a crisis, and time to build a wall that won’t fix the problem
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:52 am and how does that equal a crisis?

deer crossing signs everywhere across rural america...must be a crisis, and time to build a wall that won’t fix the problem
Wow, so human lives are equivalent to deer? Big time fail. False equivalency.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

They've actually been building large tunnels under highways/roadways in Alaska to help prevent moose from being hit by cars.

Not related or relevant, but interesting.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

So, let's figure out a way that the acceptable white people who've overstayed their visas can get special status, because after all...they're white.
Don't inject Lysol.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

So The Right initially complained that democrats want open borders and dont give a crap about security.

Now the complaint is that they aren't voting the same way they did in 2006 and 2013 when they voted for numerous border upgrades and posted stuff like that sign to try to help keep americans safe.

Dammed if you do, damned if you dont.
Deleted User 75

What on earth does skin color have to do with any of this?

Nothing like a bunch of "woke" white people trying to show how woke they are by making a bunch of anti-white comments....it's not helping anything.

You can fight racism without being anti-white.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

The "Wall" has from the start been about white supremacy and fear of brown people.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

Geezer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:45 am The "Wall" has from the start been about white supremacy and fear of brown people.
So says the left....
Deleted User 75

That's such a stupid and lazy reason.

JFC.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Sorry about your lack of perception.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

I get it. It makes you feel like a woke white person to say stuff like that.
Deleted User 75

That's the left for you though. Make everything about race so that people are afraid to say anything contrary to the left talking points.
Deleted User 89

shithole countries...

is that “woke” enough for you?
Deleted User 75

Oh no...mean words!

Agree, terrible thing for a president to say.

But I call a lot of places shitholes (I am sure you've called some place a shit hole too). Even places with white people, gasp.... It doesn't mean I'm a white supremacist.

Sure, there is a small portion of the country that is racist, nobody is denying racism exists....but it's laughable to say anyone who wants a barrier (or wall) in areas where it's needed wants it because they are scared of brown people and are white supremacists.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:10 am Oh no...mean words!

But I call a lot of places shitholes (I am sure you've called some place a shit hole too). Even places with white people, gasp.... It doesn't mean I'm a white supremacist.

Sure, there is a small portion of the country that is racist, nobody is denying racism exists....but it's laughable to say anyone who wants a barrier (or wall) in areas where it's needed wants it because they are scared of brown people and are white supremacists.
Stop Illi, you're making too much sense!
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 89

there is a body of work, dating back to before he was president

shame you can’t see it
Deleted User 75

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:52 am

there is a body of work, dating back to before he was president

shame you can’t see it
I've seen it. He's got plenty of questionable things from his past.

That doesn't mean that everyone who wants some portions of physical barriers is a white supremacist.

This is why a lot of reasonable people on the right have a hard time supporting many on the left.