NBA Playoffs

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: NBA Playoffs

Post by pdub »

No doubt I think a healthy locked in Golden States the best. If I knew Klay was fully back, they’d be my top 3. And easily top 4 with Wiggs.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:51 am No doubt I think a healthy locked in Golden States the best. If I knew Klay was fully back, they’d be my top 3. And easily top 4 with Wiggs.
With Wiggins and Poole both emerging (on both ends of the floor), I think they are going to be tough to beat in a 7 game series.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yes.
Deadly.
Deleted User 863

I think the only team that can take down GS is Milwaukee. Giannis will be tough for them to match up with. And i also think the GS vs Phoenix series will be a battle and may take a lot out of the eventual winner.

GS is still my pick if they stay healthy.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I selfishly want Celtics in the Final but Golden State/Milwaukee would be the tits.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:27 am I selfishly want Celtics in the Final but Golden State/Milwaukee would be the tits.
The Celts are better suited to take down Milwaukee than anyone else imo. Defensive versatility. But Bucks have that championship pedigree now. And the Celtics have their hands full with the Nets.

A Boston GS finals is definitely a realistic possibility.
Deleted User 863

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Wonder if the voters flip flopped at all on their decision?
Deleted User 863

Embiid just got his elbow hyper extended. Got it caught between 2 players while running back on defense. Hopefully nothing serious.
thekid6
Contributor

Post by thekid6 »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:05 pm Wonder if the voters flip flopped at all on their decision?
I see what you did there!
Don't give up, don't ever give up. -Jimmy V
Deleted User 863

Rudy Gobert getting absolutely exposed by Maxi Kleber tonight. Simply can't guard a mobile big.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He wouldn’t continuously be voted for DPOY if all he could do was guard the interior in a league full of mobile bigs. But let one game where Brunson was doing whatever he wanted be your case closed statement. Not the game previous.

https://saltcityhoops.com/dispelling-my ... s-defense/
Deleted User 863

That's why the playoffs are so much fun. Mavs made some adjustments, played Powell less and Kleber more, and ran a lot of action to try to pull Gobert away from the hoop...which he avoided at all costs. Giving up open 3 to not only Kleber, but also finney-smith late in the game. Even the announcers mentioned how Utah bigs do not like guarding on the perimeter.

Gobert is a great shot blocker, rebounder, and interior defender, but he is not super mobile on the perimeter. He is also going to be 30 years old in a few months.

It'll be interesting to see how/if Utah adjusts. Getting beat by a Mavs team without Doncic last night was a surprise. Going to be an interesting series the rest of the way, especially if Doncic comes back for game 3. Mavs have home court, but felt like the underdog going into the series.
Deleted User 863

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Except that article doesnt have a basis in reality or statistics to back the claim. It's just some journalist who writes for Auburn doing side work and saying the things that those statistics refute and regurgitating what hes probably read on nba reddit. You could say the same about the person writing the article I posted but he backs up statements with numbers. Another read from Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bendowsett ... 18c18675c5

Or 538:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ru ... a-history/

"“He’s able to close out, run across the court, block a shot,” said Jazz coach Quin Snyder. “His ability to make multiple plays, I think, is unique — for any player, but particularly for a center.”

This season, Gobert’s 0.868 points allowed per chance on closeouts is the single lowest in the NBA among 39 centers with at least 150 closeouts, per Second Spectrum tracking."

I've seen Gobert intentionally switched onto smaller mobile forwards before.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Good god, I think there were more ads than sentences in that.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:54 am Except that article doesnt have a basis in reality or statistics to back the claim. It's just some journalist who writes for Auburn doing side work and saying the things that those statistics refute and regurgitating what hes probably read on nba reddit. You could say the same about the person writing the article I posted but he backs up statements with numbers. Another read from Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bendowsett ... 18c18675c5

Or 538:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ru ... a-history/

"“He’s able to close out, run across the court, block a shot,” said Jazz coach Quin Snyder. “His ability to make multiple plays, I think, is unique — for any player, but particularly for a center.”

This season, Gobert’s 0.868 points allowed per chance on closeouts is the single lowest in the NBA among 39 centers with at least 150 closeouts, per Second Spectrum tracking."

I've seen Gobert intentionally switched onto smaller mobile forwards before.
Thanks for taking the time to find those articles. I will read them.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lmao

Honestly, I don’t really start paying attention until the playoffs.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

To be fair, this regular season, I watched fewer than 10 NBA games. Half of em Celtics.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

trae young is starting to become must see basketball. im enjoying watching him go at opposing crowds. I just cant decide if i want to like him or hate him too