2019 NBA Draft

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

2019 NBA Draft

Post by Deleted User 75 »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndicatio ... t.amp.html

Dotson keeps climbing.

No Vick, Dedric, Dok, or Grimes.
Last edited by Deleted User 75 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: 2019 NBA Draft

Post by pdub »

No Grimes?
Deleted User 75

pdub wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:52 pmNo Grimes?
No vick, dedric, dok, or grimes.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

FWIW....Givony / ESPN / DraftXpress

Has Grimes at 33 and Dedric at 37. But that is not updated since Jan 7th.
I am, I said.
Deleted User 75

I just don't see how Grimes doesn't get a look.

Dedric I sort of understand. He very well could be totally useless in the NBA. I think he's got a chance, but it's easy to see why it'll be an uphill battle for him ( although i know that can be said about nearly everyone)
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:54 pm
A lot can change of course, but right now I'd lean toward Grimes coming back. I think the rehab he can do to his stock would be worth it.
Deleted User 75

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:21 pm
A lot can change of course, but right now I'd lean toward Grimes coming back. I think the rehab he can do to his stock would be worth it.
I agree. He can afford to be patient if that's what he wants to do.

Truthfully, I think he'll bust out soon. Nothing crazy, but good enough to go 1st round...I also think he'll grade well in combine and workout stuff.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:41 pm

Truthfully, I think he'll bust out soon. Nothing crazy, but good enough to go 1st round...I also think he'll grade well in combine and workout stuff.
many have been saying this for weeks, and he continues to play mediocre
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:56 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:41 pm

many have been saying this for weeks, and he continues to play mediocre
Let's ignore the MSU game where he went off as an anomaly.

The next 8 games he averaged 5.8 ppg on 36% shooting.

The past 8 games he has averaged 10.1 ppg on 44% shooting.

He's getting better. He was never just gonna flip a switch and become a superstar.

Oubre didn't have his first double digit scoring game until the 10th game of the season. Grimes has been a double digit scorer 6 times in 17 games, Oubre had his 6th double digit night in game 17.

Oubre's numbers through 17 games: 8/4.5/1
Grime's numbers through 17 games: 8.7/2.5/1.8
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yes. I think January has been Grimes's best month.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i guess he has been better than mediocre

hopefully his output continues on a similar fashion
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

people that dont understand why grimes isnt higher on the mock boards. what skillset has he shown that translates to the NBA? what does he do at an elite level? Theres a shitload of 6'5 guards trying to play at the next level

Grimes would be wise to come back to school unless he absolutely blows up down the stretch of the season. he needs to refine a lot of areas of his game if he wants to stick in the league
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Grimes is a good college player. but by NBA standards he is average (at best) at every aspect of his game. 6'5 is OK height for a guard but he isn't really a true point guard or shooting guard. he's not yet a confident or consistent enough shooter to play off the ball at the next level. he isn't polished enough to be a point. he is athletic but so is everyone that hopes to play in the NBA, He isn't a freak of nature athlete that demands an early lotto pick. he is an OK defender but doesn't really get after anyone on the defensive end or have a shutdown mentality. he is a decent passer and seems to have decent BBIQ but nothing that jumps off the charts. I just don't see anything at this point that seperates him from the crowd. He hasnt shown that "junkyard dog" mentality where he thinks he can be the baddest dude on the court. 6'5ish guards are a dime a dozen and don't get drafted or stick in the league unless they really excel at something and at this point grimes does not

with that said... I think he will eventually be a solid NBA player and could have a long career. He just needs some time to polish up all the areas of his overall game
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Soklous wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:01 pm FWIW....Givony / ESPN / DraftXpress

Has Grimes at 33 and Dedric at 37. But that is not updated since Jan 7th.
Updated today.

37. Grimes
41. Dedric
57. Dotson
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:57 pm Grimes is a good college player. but by NBA standards he is average (at best) at every aspect of his game. 6'5 is OK height for a guard but he isn't really a true point guard or shooting guard. he's not yet a confident or consistent enough shooter to play off the ball at the next level. he isn't polished enough to be a point. he is athletic but so is everyone that hopes to play in the NBA, He isn't a freak of nature athlete that demands an early lotto pick. he is an OK defender but doesn't really get after anyone on the defensive end or have a shutdown mentality. he is a decent passer and seems to have decent BBIQ but nothing that jumps off the charts. I just don't see anything at this point that seperates him from the crowd. He hasnt shown that "junkyard dog" mentality where he thinks he can be the baddest dude on the court. 6'5ish guards are a dime a dozen and don't get drafted or stick in the league unless they really excel at something and at this point grimes does not

with that said... I think he will eventually be a solid NBA player and could have a long career. He just needs some time to polish up all the areas of his overall game
The guts of the analysis are right, but I would not say Grimes is a good college player. Not right this second.

Honestly, he plays like a decaf Wayne Selden. That's not a compliment.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Don't let PhD read that post.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Real Wayne Selden is Caffeinated as fuck, bro.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:09 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:57 pm Grimes is a good college player. but by NBA standards he is average (at best) at every aspect of his game. 6'5 is OK height for a guard but he isn't really a true point guard or shooting guard. he's not yet a confident or consistent enough shooter to play off the ball at the next level. he isn't polished enough to be a point. he is athletic but so is everyone that hopes to play in the NBA, He isn't a freak of nature athlete that demands an early lotto pick. he is an OK defender but doesn't really get after anyone on the defensive end or have a shutdown mentality. he is a decent passer and seems to have decent BBIQ but nothing that jumps off the charts. I just don't see anything at this point that seperates him from the crowd. He hasnt shown that "junkyard dog" mentality where he thinks he can be the baddest dude on the court. 6'5ish guards are a dime a dozen and don't get drafted or stick in the league unless they really excel at something and at this point grimes does not

The guts of the analysis are right, but I would not say Grimes is a good college player. Not right this second.

Honestly, he plays like a decaf Wayne Selden. That's not a compliment.
lol. decaf wayne selden. i like it. he is very comparable to freshman wayne. I stand by my "good college player" comment, but by good college player i meant a talented guy that could start at most Division 1 schools. not necessary "good college player" by KU standards of expecting high level consistent production. Agreed that he is not quite there yet