NBA Playoffs

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: NBA Playoffs

Post by randylahey »

It just shows how much the game is built around shooting now. Whoever is hitting those 3s any particular night can win big
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

thebones wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:23 pm What the fuck is this even as a sport. Heat wins by 11 two nights ago.

Now they're losing by 25. This is the final 4 of professional basketball players.

This is my third year of watching this shit product. I'd think every game should be within 5-10 points at this stage of the playoffs. If the players cared.

What am I missing here?
Pretty simple what happened last night.
One team shot 20-40 3pt.
One team shot 10-34 3pt.

As far as what YOU think "should" happen....
2021 The Bucks won an Eastern Finals game by 34.
2021 The Hawks won an Eastern Finals game by 22.
2021 The Clippers won a Western Finals game by 14.
2021 The Suns won a Western Finals game by 27.

1996 NBA Finals.
One team won a game by 17
The other team won a game by 21
98 Finals
One team won a game by 42 points and then the other team proceeded to win a game by 2.

Maybe I am wrong but I like to believe the players on the losing teams cared.
Last edited by RainbowsandUnicorns on Fri May 20, 2022 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Smart and Horford were back.

Celts hit their 3s.

Lowry is still out.

This series probably goes 7 games. 2 very good teams. Both have shown the ability to bounce back after bad games.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

lots of Celts on the floor loosing their minds in pain only to be back like 30 seconds later
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:58 pm lots of Celts on the floor loosing their minds in pain only to be back like 30 seconds later
Van Gundy mentioned that too.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If you’re mentioning that Smart and Horford were back and Lowry was out you need to add that Robert Williams, one of the better interior defenders ( 2nd team All Defense ) in the NBA, was out and Bam just dominated.

I agree this should go 7.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:27 am If you’re mentioning that Smart and Horford were back and Lowry was out you need to add that Robert Williams, one of the better interior defenders ( 2nd team All Defense ) in the NBA, was out and Bam just dominated.

I agree this should go 7.
Heat having Lowry and Tucker was huge.

Now they may be without Jimmy B.

Celtics were just way too careless with the ball. Hard to win with 20+ turnovers. But they once again showed a ton of heart by fighting back from 26 down.

Refs were giving quick Ts last night. It is so inconsistent. Draymond was yelling at refs the entire game the night before, almost trying to get thrown out, and they were letting him do/say whatever he wanted.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also Lowry wasn’t out.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:26 am Also Lowry wasn’t out.
He was in game 2. And 1 i think.

The comment you're responding to was from Friday after game 2.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Whoops.

In this series, I think Robert Williams is key.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:02 pm Whoops.

In this series, I think Robert Williams is key.
Agreed. He is capable of neutralizing Bam.

Although if Jimmy Butler is out for more than a game or 2 the heat have no chance.
Deleted User 863

I don't know how anyone can not enjoy watching Doncic play. His court awareness and intelligence is off the charts. Can score inside and outside. Gets his teammates involved. Shooting range nearly unlimited. Beast.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:31 pm I don't know how anyone can not enjoy watching Doncic play. His court awareness and intelligence is off the charts. Can score inside and outside. Gets his teammates involved. Shooting range nearly unlimited. Beast.
Agreed.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Only negative I have/feel about Luka......
Dude whines way too much.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:49 pm Only negative I have/feel about Luka......
Add him to the list.

It's about 95% of NBA players. 4% are players who never whine mainly they never play. 1% are the rare instance of rotation players who don't frequently complain. The only 2 that immediately come to mind are Wiggins and Kawhi. I am sure there are others. But not many.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:49 pm Only negative I have/feel about Luka......
I kind of feel he is mostly justified. The way he dribbles, keeping the ball low, he seems to draw a lot of contact that really should be called.
Deleted User 863

What a strange series this has been (Miami and Boston).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I didn't get to watch last night.
Maybe with all the blowouts, we'll get a close game or two to finish this series.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:08 am I didn't get to watch last night.
Maybe with all the blowouts, we'll get a close game or two to finish this series.
I watched until about halfway through the 3rd quarter when the heat benched their starters.

Boston came out hot, Miami panicked. Started taking bad shots. Then when they kept missing they got tight and started missing easy shots.

Herro was out. Smart was out.

Boring game. Boring series so far. Which is surprising because I thought it would be a fun series.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

It’s gotten to the point that you can determine who is going to win the game in the first 4 minutes.