Ugh.
Cascadia

Re: Violence

Post by Cascadia »

If the insurrectionists were POC, mich would be glued to the tv
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

if the insurrectionists were POC, it would be hard to overestimate the bodycount on J6.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:54 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:47 am
KUTradition wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:22 am imo, this isn’t just about trump
I guess I will set aside my pessimism once I see one of these traitorous GOP politicians that enabled this get voted out of office for their role. I won't hold my breath.
i get it

and i don’t necessarily think anything will come of it as far as jackasses being voted out, but i do think that possibility is at least part of the motivation
If MTG gets reelected then it will confirm that being a traitorous moron is perfectly acceptable to certain portions of our nation, which is very disconcerting.

Sorry, but I am exceedingly depressed with the current state of affairs in this nation. This has been a horrible period in our nation's history that normal people will back on in 50 years with revulsion and disgust.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Begin the process to retroactively concede the Civil War.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Trump because he is so detached from reality won’t be able to be prosecuted,( much to the dismay of many) because he doesn’t understand any of the criminal charges (if any) brought against him. Maybe in the future if he can be restored to competency he would stand trial.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

so, he’d plead insanity?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

just because someone doesn’t understand the law doesn’t absolve them from being held to account when they break it
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:53 pm just because someone doesn’t understand the law doesn’t absolve them from being held to account when they break it
We have a case in Idaho about a woman and her husband who had their children and others murdered (Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell) but she was originally unable to be brought to trial because she was regarded incompetent,(didn’t understand the charges)? She was sent to a mental unit to get her competency restored and now finally will stand trial sometime in January. Crazy, huh. This trial will attract national attention.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

dolomite wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:07 pm
KUTradition wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:53 pm just because someone doesn’t understand the law doesn’t absolve them from being held to account when they break it
We have a case in Idaho about a woman and her husband who had their children and others murdered (Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell) but she was originally unable to be brought to trial because she was regarded incompetent,(didn’t understand the charges)? She was sent to a mental unit to get her competency restored and now finally will stand trial sometime in January. Crazy, huh. This trial will attract national attention.
i’m well aware of that drama, as they’ve got Utah ties as well

i don’t understand the relevance though. as you say, she is still standing trial

do you honestly think an incredibly narcissistic trump would even allow such a defense?
digitalkookie

Post by digitalkookie »

dolomite wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:49 pm Trump because he is so detached from reality won’t be able to be prosecuted,( much to the dismay of many) because he doesn’t understand any of the criminal charges (if any) brought against him. Maybe in the future if he can be restored to competency he would stand trial.
That's rich
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

The dood has afluenza. You can't touch him.
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:32 pm
dolomite wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:07 pm
i’m well aware of that drama, as they’ve got Utah ties as well

i don’t understand the relevance though. as you say, she is still standing trial

do you honestly think an incredibly narcissistic trump would even allow such a defense?
It’s possible if the defense attorneys have anything to do with it. Alls I know a trial of this magnitude would be an even bigger shitshow than the OJ trial. Just what this country needs.(doesn’t need?)
Taylor Sheridan
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:49 pm Trump because he is so detached from reality won’t be able to be prosecuted,( much to the dismay of many) because he doesn’t understand any of the criminal charges (if any) brought against him. Maybe in the future if he can be restored to competency he would stand trial.
This is ridiculous. Trump has faced dozens of charges in a court of law in this country already so there is a zero percent chance he would be found mentally incompetent of standing trial.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

This next 12 months is going to get fucking ugly
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:21 pm
This is ridiculous. Trump has faced dozens of charges in a court of law in this country already so there is a zero percent chance he would be found mentally incompetent of standing trial.
Wow, you actually believe Trump is mentally competent? 😃
Taylor Sheridan
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:12 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:21 pm
Wow, you actually believe Trump is mentally competent? 😃
Legally? Yes.

To be President? No.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Dolo just wants the opportunity to vote for DDD again.
Defense. Rebounds.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Seriously, when 31 fucktards load up in a uhaul with full riot gear show up in a peaceful resort town with the plan to March down the Main Street scaring the fuck out of folks…..

For reference, Sherman Street in Coeur d’Alene is a lot like Mass St (Illy, Mass Street is the main street in Lawrence). Shops, restaurants, lots of folks outside on patios having a great time.

These idiots planned to beat and intimidate their way through Sherman with the ultimate goal of crashing the Pride gathering in the park.

Does anyone think that this is not going to become a regular thing with these dumb fucks?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Overlander wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:00 pm Seriously, when 31 fucktards load up in a uhaul with full riot gear show up in a peaceful resort town with the plan to March down the Main Street scaring the fuck out of folks…..

For reference, Sherman Street in Coeur d’Alene is a lot like Mass St (Illy, Mass Street is the main street in Lawrence). Shops, restaurants, lots of folks outside on patios having a great time.

These idiots planned to beat and intimidate their way through Sherman with the ultimate goal of crashing the Pride gathering in the park.

Does anyone think that this is not going to become a regular thing with these dumb fucks?
Love it.