Chinese Spying

Ugh.
twocoach

Chinese Spying

Post by twocoach »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/23/politics ... index.html

Interesting details on a multiyear investigation into efforts by China to ramp up their espionage on the United States.

"Since at least 2017, federal officials have investigated Chinese land purchases near critical infrastructure, shut down a high-profile regional consulate believed by the US government to be a hotbed of Chinese spies and stonewalled what they saw as clear efforts to plant listening devices near sensitive military and government facilities.    
Among the most alarming things the FBI uncovered pertains to Chinese-made Huawei equipment atop cell towers near US military bases in the rural Midwest. According to multiple sources familiar with the matter, the FBI determined the equipment was capable of capturing and disrupting highly restricted Defense Department communications, including those used by US Strategic Command, which oversees the country's nuclear weapons. "

The details on the Huawei equipment on cell towers is particularly troublesome as much of it is already in place.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/11/politics ... index.html

China is the country that worries me, not Russia. Russia at heart is too poor, too egotistical, too unsophisticated, too drunk and too selfish to be a serious threat but China has the self control, the technology and the money to be a major threat to the US long term. But someone with the moral depravity of Putin in charge of China and the world is is serious trouble.
MICHHAWK

Re: Chinese Spying

Post by MICHHAWK »

china is a piece of $#|t wrapped in a piece of $#!t.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:03 pm china is a piece of $#|t wrapped in a piece of $#!t.
Probably not the best idea to be bashing China - being that Chinese "intel" is watching/monitoring YOU.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sigh.

I'm pretty sure I lean more and more toward some sorta globalist views.

And, without dissecting every nuance of what that term might denote, all I mean by that is, I wish we could all just admit we're the same silly creatures on the same lonely rock

and just fucking get along.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

says the guy that calls people Adolf and is buddies with and constantly defended by the biggest dickhead on the site.

but why can't we all just get alonnngggg..

fuck off you donkey.
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i do like chinesse food.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:19 pm says the guy that calls people Adolf and is buddies with and constantly defended by the biggest dickhead on the site.

but why can't we all just get alonnngggg..

fuck off you donkey.
TDub's back!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

for real dude. You've been a dick to me for years and I've mostly taken it in stride.

But then I call you a fascist just one time, and outrage ensues.

but alas, I really would rather take some high road. My ideology ain't much without it.

So if I may make that attempt:

sorry I called you names dude.

I sincerely would like it if we could all just get along.

Now please consider that olive branch, while I work on casting the plank from thine own eye.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:23 pm for real dude. You've been a dick to me for years and I've mostly taken it in stride.

But then I call you a fascist just one time, and outrage ensues.

but alas, I really would rather take some high road. My ideology ain't much without it.

So if I may make that attempt:

sorry I called you names dude.

I sincerely would like it if we could all just get along.

Now please consider that olive branch, while I work on casting the plank from thine own eye.
Individuals getting along with other individuals has nothing to do with corporations and nations stealing intellectual, corporate and military secrets from other entities.

China is built on a foundation of theft.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I thought this thread was going to be about tick tock.

Anyway, I'm hope for an ousie tdub reconciliation.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

all international outrage aside, it's pretty wild that you can patent corn.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

soo

I didn’t know when to bring this up, but…lots of the commie babes geek out about China. Cuz of course they do.

They point to the fact they’ve got unthinkably luxurious things like…universal healthcare! And extensive public transit! And no landlords! And apparently have been busy lifting hundreds of millions out of poverty and stuff. Supposedly. I’m not convinced it’s not more Qusdahl propaganda.

They also supposedly haven’t been to war in decades. (If they DID go to war, we’d surely hear about it, right? And prob even crank up the rhetoric about how the only appropriate response is for us to throw even more of our taxpayer money at the war machine, right?)

And supposedly China doesn’t have a single military base in the Western Hemisphere, yet Merica’s got ‘em all around China, and the rest of the world.

The commies say outrageous shit like, the fact the US and NATO DO want to control trade routes and have military bases everywhere is rooted less in any kind of global security, and more in western hegemony and and trade routes and market controls and all this shit about white supremacy too. Which, of course, is all rooted in capitalism.

I honestly can’t even keep up with it all.

And NOT THAT IM DEFENDING CHINA OR PARROTING ANY BEIJING RHETORIC so kindly spare me that treatment, please and thanks.

I guess I only mention cuz I wish I did have some better understanding of China. And of Merica. And the world.

If we’re worried about some chinaman stealing corn, I wonder what kinda headlines they have about us? Or what we’re up to there?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

🤡
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Illy, have you been to China? Or studied China?

Or have any understanding of China beyond the “China bad Merica good” sort of mindset that’s so popular in the war thread?

Do you even like Chinese food? Maybe the Kung Pow chicken, or the cream of Sum Yun Gai?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:00 am soo

I didn’t know when to bring this up, but…lots of the commie babes geek out about China. Cuz of course they do.

They point to the fact they’ve got unthinkably luxurious things like…universal healthcare! And extensive public transit! And no landlords! And apparently have been busy lifting hundreds of millions out of poverty and stuff. Supposedly. I’m not convinced it’s not more Qusdahl propaganda.

They also supposedly haven’t been to war in decades. (If they DID go to war, we’d surely hear about it, right? And prob even crank up the rhetoric about how the only appropriate response is for us to throw even more of our taxpayer money at the war machine, right?)

And supposedly China doesn’t have a single military base in the Western Hemisphere, yet Merica’s got ‘em all around China, and the rest of the world.

The commies say outrageous shit like, the fact the US and NATO DO want to control trade routes and have military bases everywhere is rooted less in any kind of global security, and more in western hegemony and and trade routes and market controls and all this shit about white supremacy too. Which, of course, is all rooted in capitalism.

I honestly can’t even keep up with it all.

And NOT THAT IM DEFENDING CHINA OR PARROTING ANY BEIJING RHETORIC so kindly spare me that treatment, please and thanks.

I guess I only mention cuz I wish I did have some better understanding of China. And of Merica. And the world.

If we’re worried about some chinaman stealing corn, I wonder what kinda headlines they have about us? Or what we’re up to there?
What are you even talking about?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sorry, I thought this was a P.F. Chang’s.