Re: dumb shit a trumpublican said today

Post by jhawks99 »

LOL @ cooperating.
Defense. Rebounds.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:46 pm Right, but both sides do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6WoXiSUz8A
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:45 pm The only person Trump can possibly beat is Biden. If Dems nominate literally anyone other than Biden they will win easily. They may win easily again even if it's Biden.

But much like we are witnessing the death of the old Republican party, I think the death of the old Dem party is coming within the next 8-12 years. Hopefully then we can start seeing some common sense progress on things the vast majority of us agree need work (gun reform, tax reform, healthcare reform, environmental protection).
If only the Democrats had passed laws that cover every single one of those topics in the last 2 weeks...

Your desire to Bothsiderism everything has led you to claiming that you think the Democratic Party as it exists today will die in the next 8-12 years and that if that happens that we might finally see some progress on legislation that has literally all happened successfully within the last 2 weeks without the party being blown apart. Do you not see how ridiculous that is?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I am fairly confident that our democracy will fall apart early December
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Overlander wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:37 am I am fairly confident that our democracy will fall apart early December
Along with the popping of the housing bubble and the public release of Trump's taxes...
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

You seriously think that every election that a Republican loses isn’t going to be met with armed protest?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:45 pm
Overlander wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:37 am I am fairly confident that our democracy will fall apart early December
Along with the popping of the housing bubble and the public release of Trump's taxes...
Well, there is this today....

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/09/politics ... index.html

Keeps getting better for DDD.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:17 am has led you to claiming that you think the Democratic Party as it exists today will die in the next 8-12 years and that if that happens that we might finally see some progress
Yup. I do.

The minorities and more fiscally conservative dems (hispanics in particular) are not going to keep marching in lock step with people like Biden and Pelosi much longer. They are getting fed up with the lip service during elections and then being disappointed with the continuous let down.

That's just what I think. Poll numbers suggest extreme dissatisfaction in those segments of voters with the current Dem leadership.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it catches up with ya.

you can promise one segment everything. and deliver on nothing. only for so long. it catches up with ya.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

they will promise everything and anything. just to get that vote.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:39 pm they will promise everything and anything. just to get that vote.
When can we expect that check from Mexico to pay for the wall? Never mind what did get done is falling down.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:49 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:39 pm they will promise everything and anything. just to get that vote.
When can we expect that check from Mexico to pay for the wall? Never mind what did get done is falling down.
Biden has actually built more wall since being in office surprisingly iirc.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:11 pm
Jesus, you truly can’t help yourself
Deleted User 863

Overlander wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:15 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:11 pm

Jesus, you truly can’t help yourself
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigr ... -rcna40567

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/02/25 ... all-biden/
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Not really my point
Deleted User 863

Not really my problem
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Overlander wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:00 pm You seriously think that every election that a Republican loses isn’t going to be met with armed protest?
No, I don't expect that to be the norm over time. At some point, the majority of loons dumb enough to attempt such stupidity will all be in prison and the near-loons on the fence about whether to participate in an attempted insurrection will have a desire to not get arrested or lose their job.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Overlander wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:00 pm You seriously think that every election that a Republican loses isn’t going to be met with armed protest?
Yeah, clearly I was over reacting:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... SApp_Other
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Overlander wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:04 pm
Yeah, clearly I was over reacting:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... SApp_Other
surprised this sort of thing wasn’t more widespread given the rhetoric from so many on the right
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

the freaky thing about far right violence is, if and when it happens, how much can law enforcement be counted on to stop it, considering how many far righties also turn out to be cops?